1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Connecticut

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 04:26 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
Connecticut

Just beyond words here... At least the perpetrators are dead, but the thought of 20+ kids dead for no damn reason, and in such a violent way... how could you get past it if it were your kid(s)?

Old 12-14-2012, 04:35 PM
Carolina 52
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It honestly brakes my heart.
I HATE THIS VIDEO GAME ERA.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:38 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Saw this on Facebook. Pretty much sums it up, except for the "prepare for them" part. How do children prepare for this type of monster?

So sad. So very, very sad...

Old 12-14-2012, 04:44 PM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
Very sick person, indeed. Seems the sickos are coming out more and more or is it more and more sickos.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
It's just pure evil. No other way to put it. Absolutely heart breaking. I cannot imagine how it would have felt if my kids had been in that school. How do you tell a child it will be "okay" after they realize what happened?

Old 12-14-2012, 05:19 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
We've had two incidences like this in the Milwaukee area in the last six months, not quite as severe but it doesn't matter to the victims and their families. One in a Sikh temple and one in a Spa. There is no way to prepare for this type of situation. Unfortunately these evil monsters don't use their last bullet on themselves first. It just doesn't make any sense. Hopefully no other morons decide to copy, which I am not too certain some one won't, there seems to always be some one trying to be a copy cat.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:28 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can truely relate to these murders as we had two grandkids murdered in 2002 in a home invasion. The grief of a loss like this is something you can never understand, nor does it ease in your heart over time, everyday things bring back the horror of something like this. Evil people are around you everyday,even people you know as we knew the guy that killed Chelbi and Cody. Then the harsh reality of what if, Chelbi would have graduated last year and what would she be like, would she be the loving young women like the loving 8 year girl she was. Then there is Cody who would be a junior in high school and what he and I would be doing, working on some old junk in the garage no doubt, I have his tool box and tools that we had given him for his birthday just 2 months before he was killed, they hang on the wall of my garage with his name on them that I can see everyday so I could never forget him. I feel so sorry for the parents of these kids and for the loss they will feel forever, my heart felt prayers go out to them. Also prayers go out to these small kids who have to suffer through this at such a young age and what they must suffer through for the rest of thier lives. Courtney, my grandaughter that I speak of often lived through actually seeing him stabbing Cody and will be 21 on valatines day and has so many problems over these tragities in her life.I'm sorry for rambling but this has brought back the horrible feelings today that we felt on August-23, 2002. Please pray for these parents and famlies of these kids, please, Garry

Old 12-14-2012, 05:34 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Gary, no need to apologize. We all feel for the children in unbelievable event, you have been there. Sorry this has to bring back so many back memories for you and your family. We're all praying for the school kids, their families, and you and your family.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:34 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Everyone, everywhere needs to be in our prayers tonight - Ours - Our family - Our friends - The kid that walks down the street - The punks at the corner - Everyone, everywhere

Old 12-14-2012, 05:46 PM
larryb346
Laughing Gas
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Now many will scream for gun control. Today a guy in china stabbed 30 children in a attack. Guns are not the issue. It's the attitude of society that violent games are great for 8 year old's, TV shows that make killing fun and easy as well as the movies. We live in a very violent society. It is very obvious many of these shootings take place where they are fairly certain the people are unarmed and easy prey. The best idea for me and many others is to be vigilant of your friends, family and neighbors for any signs they might be thinking about something like this. In my nearest town, Bolivar Mo. a town of 10,000 people a mother called the police last month and told them she had found out her 21 year old son had bought a ak47 type weapon. He was located by the local police and in talking with him he told them he was going to the theater and kill everyone at the twilight movie. He said he had decided to change to the Walmat since he was afraid he would run out of bullets and at Walmart he could get more bullets from the sporting goods section. He had taken the gun out and practiced the day before, so he had started putting his plan in motion.

I don't leave my property without my CCW. You never know where or when such a incident will take place. It is a sad day and too bad such people exists.

I'm sure opinions will vary

Larry

Old 12-14-2012, 06:00 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
I don't like handling guns, they scare the crap out of me. I've fired a few guns in my life and every time I am just jolted on how much damage can be done in so short of a time. I do not like guns myself but I would certainly be damn thankful if I was one of these situation and someone else would stand up and take out the offender, he/she would save a lot of lives.

Once during a teacher's conference,e my son's teacher told us her husband, a recently retired FBI agent was not allowed to carry his gun onto school property. Just imagine if some one like him were on the school property this time.

Sorry about furthing what could be construed as a political point of view, I know this is about the victims.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:52 PM
JimG1098
Fleet Mechanic
Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts
Homade,
Thank you so very much for sharing some of your life's darkest moments. It takes such courage It actually helped me understand just how tragic things can be. I will remember you in our prayers this evening along with all those who lost so much today.

One of my many thoughts today , besides the kids and families, was also the first responders that took this job in. These are truelly some of their darkest days in their carreers and volunteer days. they will never be able to erase from their memories.
Ross, thanks for starting this thread

JimG

Old 12-14-2012, 07:02 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Jim, thanks for bringing up the first responders.

As I understand this was a small town. In the small towns here all of the first responders are volunteers, with the exception of law enforcement, but even those are small town officers used to writing tickets and the occasional domestic call. Even though all of them have had to respond to some horrific traffic accidents none of them could ever be prepared for a scene they had to encounter today. When children are involved it is always more devastating, and the level of today's event is on a level of evil no one would be able to handle. Bless the police, EMTs and all of the people involved.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:11 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
It's not just wackos with guns. In 1954 This is what happened in my school district. I was in 2nd grade at a second and much larger wooden school building about a mile away, on the other side of the district. I still can't read this all the way thru without choking up and tears coming to my eyes. I remember our school suddenly being dismissed and being told to go right home. Arriving home my mother was in tears and my father came roaring into the driveway from work a few minutes later, and ran in ashen faced, he had be told by a co worker that a student with our last name was among the severely burned.:
Fire and aftermath

The student with the same last name (but not a relative) was Jackson Frank, who went on to become a very well known folk singer that performed and recorded with Paul Simon among others.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:24 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
A horrible tragedy...I am speechless...
My sympathies to anyone who has lost little ones like this....
They are innocent...I am glad the shooter is gone...I only wish the pain he created could be given to him before his life ended....
Garry(Homemade) my thoughts are with you as well...

Quick Reply: Connecticut