Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-13-2012, 09:01 AM
Hook it, I'll pull it.

miller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputation
MY TRUCK IS BROKE AND I CAN'T FIX IT.

Day before yesterday on my way home, my injectors started getting louder and louder. I was in 80e doing about 50 mph. I put the chip in stock and they quited down. Put it back to 80e and the injectors started getting louder while accelerating but would quieten down while steady on the pedal. I didn't feel like moving my tractor out of my shop to get the ranger out, besides I only have a 5 mile drive to work. Yesterday, 12-12-12, I notice what looked like water under my truck when I was ready to go to work. (been raining here). I put my chip in stock and away I went. When I got to work, I smelled diesel around my truck, so I looked under the truck and saw diesel leaking from the inspection plate. Told the wife I need to bring my truck home and get the ranger. When I drove into my shop, there was a solid line of diesel on the cement. When I got home yesterday evening, I opened the hood and took the plastic cover off and low and behold, there was diesel all over the place in there.

I knew it was diesel right off the bat, because it was so clean.

The reason I can't fix it right now, is because I don't have the blue o-rings to fix it. The reason I don't have the o-rings is because I used them all fixing some friends truck leaks. I need to get hold to Bob and get a few repair kits coming this way.

Make sure you guys have spare kits for this reason.

EDIT: I forgot to say the water drain valve o-rings are blown.
RICK, PAA MEMBER #4
2001, F-350, DRW. CC. LWB, 4X4, LARIAT,
MODS: 6637 W/Pete's cover, BTS-TRANS, DP-TUNER LIVE, MBRP 4" SS, Isspro 3 gauge kit, TN-BB turbo, Bellowed up pipes, HPX, TRU-COOL cooler, SS Stage II injectors, and the Chris-fifty.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Postmaster

Pitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud of
Well its great that you used your o rings to help someone else out but left yourself short. At least you know whats wrong and how to fix it.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Post Fiend

just another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputation
Man Rick, I am sorry to hear it..At least the Ranger is there for you..

My name is Pat, i have not purchased a firearm in 2
day (s). I am Strong, I dont need another Firearm, I am happy purchasing ammo for the fire arms I have. Purchasing the wrong ammo is not an excues to buy another firearm.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:27 AM
Posting Guru

Brother Les is a splendid one to beholdBrother Les is a splendid one to beholdBrother Les is a splendid one to beholdBrother Les is a splendid one to beholdBrother Les is a splendid one to beholdBrother Les is a splendid one to beholdBrother Les is a splendid one to behold
Me thinks that you need to drive your truck more . It set up blocks for so long that the o-rings went bad in it....... . The great thing about this is that you CAN fix it and give a good warning to the Brotherhood about what can happen over time.

Just razzen ya.

Have a great and safe Christmas.

PAA Member #123
1991 F-150 inline 6
2001 F-250 7.3 Crewcab 4x4
BTS-Trans , 6.0 Trans Cooler, SuperChip, K&N Filter
Old 12-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Locomotive breath

DISLFVR has a good reputation on FTE.DISLFVR has a good reputation on FTE.DISLFVR has a good reputation on FTE.
Got some extra drain valve o-rings at home, can put some in the mail tomorrow if ya need 'em.
2001 crew-cab DRW auto, 4x4, Gauges, 4" exhaust, Walker BTM, in-tank and pre-pump mods, Riffraff FRx, I/C boots. Ford AIS, LED mod, CCV mod, bellowed up-pipes, wicked wheel and other stuff. Life is good, Romans 5:8
Old 12-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Molon Labe

Franko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud of
sunstatefranko
Bob has the complete valve for around $40 IIRC Rick, I changed out Robbys valve a month or so ago.
You can't leave a wild horse in the stable for long without consequences...
Early '99 F350 Lariat 2WD 7.3, BTS Trans w/ 6.0 cooler, BTS tunes, 6637 w/Riffraff cover, 4"MBRP, Isspro EV2 gauges, Ranch Hand, 2"leveling kit. HPx, FRx, Coolant Filter, Hutch,Harpoon, NVK5, Terminator-T500, Rosewood stage 1's, 120 IDM
Frank, PAA#99
B.E.S.T. map
Old 12-13-2012, 11:15 AM
aka Redneck Wrencher

mueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputation
Roland Mueck
Dang, Brother! I have set of the blue o-rings that I don't need anymore since I did the Fuel Bowl Delete. I wish I had the time to run over there. I need to come see y'all. It's been awhile.
'01 F-250 Lariat CC SB 4x4, DP Tuner F6 (live tuned), AFE II w/ Pete's Cover, GTP38R w/ RR billet whl & cross drilled 1.0, 6.0 Techni-cooler, Full Force SS Injectors, Stealth HPOP, Fluidampr, Melling M-208, Walbro FP, mueckster Reg Return & Bowl delete, Comp Cams 910's, mueckster 4R100, 4" SS MBRP, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Truetrac rear ...SOLD...
Old 12-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Senior User

Reckless is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yup, time to gitter-dun! Take a look at what else needs attention while in there gettin dirty.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm a cautionary tale

Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.
I have injector knock again too (driver side).... I may have to replace the injector hold-down bolts to keep them from coming loose for the 3rd time.

This now officially qualifies to fit under the heading "Sucks", right next to the "Sharp Sitck in the Eye" column.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Posting Guru

Kdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to behold
I hope you get everything fixed! I also have a little ranger as a spare truck and sometimes I think that Is more reliable than my excursion! It makes a great little parts fetching truck!

1939 Ford COE custom. "Ford-Tuff"
Old 12-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Hook it, I'll pull it.

miller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputation
Thanks guys. I've been driving my truck for 2 weeks in a row.

Thanks for the offer to mail me some o-rings, but I can wait for Bob to send them. I didn't think that valve could leak that much.

Roland and I were talking about rebuilding my fuel bowl and HPOP but decided not to fix what aint broke.
RICK, PAA MEMBER #4
MODS: 6637 W/Pete's cover, BTS-TRANS, DP-TUNER LIVE, MBRP 4" SS, Isspro 3 gauge kit, TN-BB turbo, Bellowed up pipes, HPX, TRU-COOL cooler, SS Stage II injectors, and the Chris-fifty.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Guns Dont Kill People..

schlepprock250 has a great reputation on FTE.schlepprock250 has a great reputation on FTE.schlepprock250 has a great reputation on FTE.schlepprock250 has a great reputation on FTE.schlepprock250 has a great reputation on FTE.
fordf250guy
The actual breakdown is not the tragedy..his engine bay got dirty...THAT'S the tragedy..j/k Rick..
Old 12-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlepprock250 View Post
The actual breakdown is not the tragedy..his engine bay got dirty...THAT'S the tragedy..j/k Rick..
You are right. But it will be clean as soon as the valve is fixed.
RICK, PAA MEMBER #4
Old 12-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Support FTE

PaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputation
Hello Rick

Was it the stock o-rings that went bad?

When mine started leaking the stockers were like plastic washers. Didn't even resemble o-rings anymore.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Ford With Out Tax Money

snakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to behold
that is why i have 3 sets. but then i do have 4 7.3 trucks i severs.
Matt PAA #117 99.5 F-250 XLT CC SWB 4x4 4R100 Warn M12000 GPR-LED. Foil Delete. 6637. 0.25 Cent. AC. Isspro Dual Pyrometer. AeroForce. FRx. HPx. DIY SS Fuel Lines. 03 HeadLights. 4" SS Exhaust. 6.0L Trans Cooler. BTS Tunes. Custom Lighted Tuner. IH Up Pipes. EPBV Delete. AIH delete. Gooseneck, AE Ford Bundle. Member On RHN
Old 12-13-2012, 01:51 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel