6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This started as a reply to the Super Duty floor height thread.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 11:36 AM
CornTruckDriver
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This started as a reply to the Super Duty floor height thread.

What do you guys think. I'm just rambling.

I'm short but have a bum hip so getting in the 350 is tough. I have a lariat but didn't want the 6in chrome running boards because of fear of slipping between truck and board. I had to get the plastic XLT boards and get the installed for about $1000. The parts dept didn't want to get them for me because he said they wouldn't fit. They fit XL and XLT and a brown lighted version fits King Ranch, BUT NO, they wont fit a lariot..makes me wonder.... The first sheet out on the 2012 said they would be standard just like the one touch up and down drivers and passenger windows. Got to come up with a better answer for the next truck. 15K miles and already thinking of another.

Back to the subject, it must be the meds the doc gave me. Just took it an hour ago and I'm thinkn ittts staratinb tooooooooooo kiccccccccccccccccccck inmhfitulu;i,,.....qf....

The seats are the best most comfortable seats and roomiest vehicle I have. Better than the caddy. Cant even drive my hot rods any more. I get lots of volunteers to keep them worked out. Stick on the subject Bob......I wish they had a better telescoping wheel though like the power Caddy wheel. Its all part of the driver position. You can switch driver preprogrammed positions while in drive also. $60K for a pickup, they could have a power tilt telli instead of that cheap lever lock the truck has.

I don't know why Ford doesn't have some people to join sites like this and run threads to get real input. You should be able to get ANY OPTION THAT IS AVAILABLE FOR ANY TRIM LEVEL on any truck it will fit for a fee. See Ford, fee, fee, money, we know you like money. We can have it our way at Burger King for under $10, why not for $60,000 on our trucks. Example, my running boards or a Lariat carpet delete. I want the goodies but wiping the mat clean is nice if you walk in cow **** on a regular basis. When you live with 500 cows its hard not to. What do they think they do on the King Ranch anyway?????? I'm already spending $60K and I think we would all spend a couple K more to get exactly the way we want. If you didn't want to, you could still go with the packages. In the 60s you could order your vette in primer for custom paint.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Javi1
Senior User
I chose to buy an XL for $36K and add the accessories I want, instead of paying $60k-$70K for stuff I didn't want..

Old 12-11-2012, 12:51 PM
CornTruckDriver
Posting Guru

A few things...........
You could still get the bare bones truck you want.
Some things cant really be done efficiently aftermarket.
They have the parts on the assembly line, install them.
I want my truck 100%, at delivery.