Kentucky Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SideWinder4.9l

KY Chapter T-Shirts?

Old 12-09-2012, 08:26 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
KY Chapter T-Shirts?

After some...Identification...Issues...

I've proposed Chapter Member T-Shirts...

The more shirts that's made at once, the cheaper they get..

I personally made a couple of my own, with my Screenname/Real name*

I can afford $10-15 a pop for a personalized shirt (I always have to buy muiltiples because they tend to get stained...lol)

Here's what I made for myself....

Kirby mentioned being able to get some shirts made for REALLY cheap..

So any input?

It's just something that'd be nice to have for the meets, to immediately recognize our own; Especially the new faces, etc...

Old 12-10-2012, 01:59 AM
Country705
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm game... I need a couple shirts myself as long as they can make them in a 3x..

Old 12-10-2012, 06:44 AM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
At the first and only National FTE meet that was held in Kansas City back in 2005, we had FTE Tshirts that went up to 6x. I picked up a 5x at the end of the meet and I was swimming in that shirt. lol.

So depending on where you look to get your shirts... My family has a friend who runs an embroidery business, I can run this by her to look at prices.

Guys without a logo essentially all we would be doing is putting screen name and real name on shirt. This would mean that there is only a one off shirt. not much discount to be given. At least with a logo we could get a bulk purchase going maybe and then just embroider names to them.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:51 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Also, would there be any copyright issues if we put FTE or Ford Truck Enthusiasts on the shirts too? Perhaps we could buy a basic shirt from FTE then get them personalized. Just a suggestion. Let me know about getting the basic shirts from FTE and I will find out what's available and cost.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:09 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
I sent a message to Steve Bricks about who to talk to about possibly buying some bulk t-shirts with the FTE logo on the back. I know their shirts are 19.99 individually, but I was thinking if we could get them in bulk, then shipped to one place/person for personalizing.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:11 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Wes, I really like that florescent green shirt! It would be easy to spot in a crowd!

Old 12-10-2012, 10:12 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
I got a response about t-shirts from FTE. They move pretty slow when it comes to t-shirts, so we should get them ourselves through the best source. If we want to put the FTE logo on the back there would be no problem with that. If we decide to come up with a Ky Chapter logo, we need to get that approved before printing them up. It would be highly unlikely it would be turned down, it's just a formality. What about a t-shirt with a pocket? I always carry my cellphone in my shirt pocket.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Country705
Elder User
Originally Posted by CampSpringsJohn
I got a response about t-shirts from FTE. They move pretty slow when it comes to t-shirts, so we should get them ourselves through the best source. If we want to put the FTE logo on the back there would be no problem with that. If we decide to come up with a Ky Chapter logo, we need to get that approved before printing them up. It would be highly unlikely it would be turned down, it's just a formality. What about a t-shirt with a pocket? I always carry my cellphone in my shirt pocket.
That would be great. I prefer my shirts with pockets. I think a logo would be great as well. Would they be all one color or different colors?

Old 12-10-2012, 12:31 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
That's something we would have to decide.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:47 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
John from the last time I messed around with trying to get a Ky logo going. We were fine making an Ky FTE logo but if it had the Ford Blue oval we had to send it to a legal guy at Ford for approval. from what I gathered the big thing was to just get the permission and all would be kosher. I will look through my PM's to get the info for you.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:55 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
I think using the Ford logo could be a problem unless we do get permission from Ford. I remember something about that now that you mention it. The FTE logo would be fine.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:05 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
my mistake there is a thread in the chapter leader forum. It gives name and address for the guy at Ford to send there if Blue oval is used. If just FTE then submit to George and Tim to approve.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Country705
Elder User
when you guys find something out let me know because I am highly interested in 2-3 shirts for myself.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:47 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Here's some ideas I whipped up...

All this was done with www.Customink.com....

Old 12-10-2012, 04:12 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Ford Truck Enthusiasts Online Store

Just to throw it out there. Here's the link to the FTE logo. Wes (or anybody with more computer know how) can likely bring it up in a post here!

Wes, I like the top and bottom the most. I know the more we do to the shirts, the more they will cost.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: KY Chapter T-Shirts?