Location (State): CA
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD
Color: Black
Engine: 351

The truck is sold

Here's the CL ad with a bunch of pics: 1977 Ford F250 4x4 High Boy

1977 Ford F250 Ranger XLT 4x4 "High Boy"

351M with a 4 spd manual (granny first). The cluster is showing 63,035 miles. I was told that was the original mileage by my friend that I bought it from. He bought it off an ex's dad that had had it for years and said the mileage was original. It may be, or it's possible it's turned over once or twice. It does have an exhaust leak that sounds pretty bad. It's leaking at the manifold. I'm worried about stripping the bolts so I didn't bother trying to fix it. It's got 2 huge glass packs on it that exit in front of the tires. It's loud (no cats), but not obnoxious.

Clean title in hand and it passed smog today (12-8-12). Registration is due in January (only $82), but I will be taking care of that in the next day or two.

Runs and drives well. New fuel pump and brake master cylinder installed with less than 200 miles on them. The carb was also rebuilt around 250 miles ago. The truck is cold blooded, but it fires right up even after sitting for weeks. It has 33 x 12.5 x 16.5 Dunlop Mud Rover tires on it.

Original paint with some nice patina (it looks like ****). The body has some small dents, but nothing major. There is also some minor rust on the right front fender by the lower trim piece. The latch for the tail gate is not hooked up, so you need a set of pliers or a multi-tool to drop it.

The interior is mostly original. The seat has a big hole on the driver's side, but I think it makes getting in a bit easier since it's lower. The stereo does not work. No A/C, heater/defroster works. The passenger side window is hanging up and only goes about half way down. The speedometer is not currently hooked up. The previous owner changed the dash bulbs and forgot to re-attach the cable when he put everything back together. It's had probably 500 miles put on it since then.

All the light works with the exception of the left side blinkers. They just stay solid when you turn them on.

I also have an NOS Ford grill shell with headlight inserts and an NOS steering wheel that I'll throw in as well. An aftermarket grill shell will run you $600 and I've seen the steering wheels go for $400+. I also have a Sun Pro Super Tach II that I purchased for it but never installed that I'll give you as well.

I bought the truck earlier this year and have just used it for dump runs and going to Home Depot. I'm only selling it because I don't use it much anymore and have some credit card bills that I'd really like to get knocked down. It's also a third vehicle for me. Insurance is cheap as well (I'm paying $8 a month for liability). It gets single digit gas mileage, so if that's a concern this truck is not for you. It also tops out right around 60mph so don't plan on doing much freeway driving.

Email me with any questions. I'd rather not give my phone number out unless I know you're serious. Emails go to my phone, so I should reply pretty quickly most of the time.

$3,500 firm, cash only. I'm not interested in any trades. If you plan on offering me less, don't waste your or my time because I'll say no. I don't want to bull**** around with negotiating and offers, so I'm putting my bottom dollar price.

Last edited by Strigoi; 12-23-2012 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Sold