Notices
2009 - 2014 F150 Discuss the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Any Ideas On Floor Boards For My Truck ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Jake85388
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Ideas On Floor Boards For My Truck ?

Hello,

i need to get some floor boards /or some sort of step side. I have a 6" lift and want to go with something black and sporty looking. If you have any ideas on what might look sick im open to suggestions! Thnx

Old 12-08-2012, 02:43 PM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I really like the ones on the Platinums...which is another reason I will get one. They fold up under the truck when not in use and then fold out when the door opens. When they are deployed you can use ALL of the surface...unlike most that you can only place you foot on half of it.

The Ford steps are just like these...I don't know if the ones on the Platinums are made by the same company but they look very similar:

http://www.amp-research.com/products...ies/powerstep/

I also found these some of the side steps are unique:

http://www.pickupspecialties.com/truck_steps_Main.htm

Old 12-08-2012, 03:56 PM
JB78f150
Posting Guru
Amp power steps. Only thing I would ever get.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:00 PM
NASSTY
Cargo Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
X3 on the Amps
The only step bars that look good are the ones you can't see.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:19 PM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by NASSTY
The only step bars that look good are the ones you can't see.
I totally agree!!

Old 12-08-2012, 05:20 PM
soupy1957
Senior User
When I first read your thread, I wondered why your "floor boards" got so bad that you needed to replace them (images of Fred Flintstone came to my head).

Realizing that you were actually talking about RUNNING boards, I'd only tell you that, from a functional point of view, take into account "who" will be climbing into the passenger side of your truck.

For example, my wife has M.S., and running boards are a NECESSITY in my world. Not only with regard to height, but also with regard to width and step material (the slippery factor).

By the way.....with regard to the slippery factor....do NOT make the mistake of using products like Armour All on the step pad. It can make the step as slippery as ice!!!

-soupy1957

Old 12-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Jake85388
Junior User
Yea, the Amp Research were and still are my favorite option but the best deal i can find is $1,400 installed from my local ford dealer. Does that seem like an ok price ? seems like i can find them for about 1k on amazon but ill prob have the ford dealer install them anyways so idk what to do. Dont really want to spend that much but this truck is a pain in the a$$ to get in and out of right now and my wife complains about it every day...

Old 12-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Jake85388
Junior User
Originally Posted by soupy1957
When I first read your thread, I wondered why your "floor boards" got so bad that you needed to replace them (images of Fred Flintstone came to my head).

Realizing that you were actually talking about RUNNING boards, I'd only tell you that, from a functional point of view, take into account "who" will be climbing into the passenger side of your truck.

For example, my wife has M.S., and running boards are a NECESSITY in my world. Not only with regard to height, but also with regard to width and step material (the slippery factor).

By the way.....with regard to the slippery factor....do NOT make the mistake of using products like Armour All on the step pad. It can make the step as slippery as ice!!!

-soupy1957

Made this mistake before...

Old 12-09-2012, 08:19 AM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
You can always find the Amps on eBay and then have the dealer install them. Having the dealer install them for you will allow you to take it back to them if there are any issues with it in the future.

Since you raised your truck to me that is a MUST investment and really once you get it done you will be happy you did. (Not to mention your wife will be too!)

Old 12-09-2012, 10:56 AM
Chris Anchor
Elder User
I had some aftermarket ones on my truck at first but they rusted out. I then bought Ford's, super nice and guess what they fit just right. Chris

Old 12-09-2012, 10:56 AM
QwkTrip
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Amp Research, or other type of folding steps, drop lower than running boards so you'll probably find them easier to use.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:31 PM
jstnromero
Postmaster
if you are wanting something that is functional and visible.....you should try the n-fab boards. they hug the rockers on the truck and do not stick out too much. just another option.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:45 PM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by jstnromero
if you are wanting something that is functional and visible.....you should try the n-fab boards. they hug the rockers on the truck and do not stick out too much. just another option.
See to me they NEED to stick out so they can be used properly. If I can only put the toes of my shoe on them to climb in what good would they be other than for looks?? Those Amps you can use pretty much the entire surface of the board to get in...and on those days when they are wet which one do you think will work better?....just sayin

Old 12-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Going_Going_Gone
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The AMP Research steps are very easy to install. They bolt into the same mounts that the Ford step bars use. All the wiring is pre-made to the proper lengths. Other than snaking it across the cowl area, the hardest parts were tapping into the courtesy light wires behind the passenger kick panel (if you're older like me, you need to be somewhat of a contortionist to reach them--under 40 no problem), and aligning the cap screws that fasten the boards to the swing arms. I needed about fifteen minutes of help by my wife to hold the far end straight. Whole job took me maybe three hours but that includes the optional courtesy lights. My wife is short and she really appreciates the step being lower than the Ford side bars. Best mod I've done to this truck.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Jake85388
Junior User
I had the n fab's on my silverado and liked them a lot , but I think the amp research is what I'm going to do... Just need to come to grips with the $ they cost ughhhh

Quick Reply: Any Ideas On Floor Boards For My Truck ?