Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Box Style Ford Trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

fordf350camper is starting off with a positive reputation.
Help removing rear springs

I want to remove the rear springs on my f350 i have noticed thats there is a grease nipple.When i have removed that there is a grove.Then there is a nut.But i am not sure what to unscrew to get the shackle out can you help thanks
Old 12-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

theodore/teddy has a very good reputation on FTE.theodore/teddy has a very good reputation on FTE.theodore/teddy has a very good reputation on FTE.theodore/teddy has a very good reputation on FTE.
The small nut holds a tapered pin in, this small pin is what holds the large shackle pin in. remove the nut and drive that small tapered pin out. Now you can drive the large pin out, some people have removed the grease fitting and threaded a slide hammer in, to remove the pin. Or there is a hole through the frame that you can access to drive the pin out with a drift.
Good luck in your quest.

1959 F250 4x4
Wally
Old 12-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

fordf350camper is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thank you its so much better to have advice than just try and you make a mess of it.Thanks again.Do you no who sells the bushes shackels so i can fit new ones.I am not sure if the f350 have a different size bush than the other f models.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

theodore/teddy has a very good reputation on FTE.theodore/teddy has a very good reputation on FTE.theodore/teddy has a very good reputation on FTE.theodore/teddy has a very good reputation on FTE.
From my experience and according to my parts book the sizes can very. I suggest that you remove them and take close measurements of pin diameter, spring eye inside diameter and pin length. All six shackle pins should be the same size but if your springs have been repaired you may have different diameter eyes.

1959 F250 4x4
Wally
Old 12-08-2012, 04:50 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks