Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > North Carolina Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:ncheavymetal

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2012, 04:36 PM
NC Chapter Czar

ncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to all
Winter 12-13 General Chatter

Its winter enough. Let's kick it off. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

We've had a whole heck of a lot going on and we will be hammer down through the holidays. I've got a few new stories to share at the december dinner.
Join the NC Chapter
Old 12-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
Hello everyone...hope your Sunday is relaxing. I'm just sitting here waiting for winter!
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 12-10-2012, 08:59 AM
NC Chapter Czar

ncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to all
Hey Tim, sounds like you were able to find some peace this weekend. Good deal.

I wouldn't say my weekend was relaxing but I sure enjoyed it.

Hope everyone has a great week.
Join the NC Chapter
Old 12-16-2012, 05:17 PM
NC Chapter Czar

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Dinner this week. Check the monthly dinner thread.

Y'all have a good upcoming week.
Join the NC Chapter
Old 12-16-2012, 05:53 PM
Brain dead

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
Good even North Carolina!
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywanabe View Post
Yes I do... I've been told on several occasions I should be on happy pills to make it possible for someone to live with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67nukeford View Post
Rob would probably hurt himself just being in the same room with tools.....LOL
Old 12-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Brain dead

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
Good evening Nc.
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Yes I do... I've been told on several occasions I should be on happy pills to make it possible for someone to live with me.
Quote:
Old 12-25-2012, 02:30 PM
NC Chapter Czar

Hey DB. Thanks for stopping in. How's that plot in Lumberton coming along?
Join the NC Chapter
Old 12-25-2012, 06:55 PM
Brain dead

Merry Christmas North Carolina!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncheavymetal View Post
Hey DB. Thanks for stopping in. How's that plot in Lumberton coming along?
Since the accedent, we haven't been down, hopefully come spring, I'll be able to walk enough to come down and brush hog the fields, been 2 years since I've done them, I'm sure they need it, lol

Plan is when it gets closer, I'm going to post a thread, as I want to meet up with some of ya'll. Maybe I can post it far enough ahead, we can have a GTG!

I also am going to need a builder, I will need a shop, then a house put up, and being from out of town, I don't know where to start
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-02-2013, 10:07 AM
NC Chapter Czar

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and a fun and safe new year's eve.

We certainly enjoyed our time together over the holidays. Did a bit of traveling. Ate a lot of good food. Saw a lot of friends and family.

Hope 2013 is a great year for everyone.
Join the NC Chapter
Old 01-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Brain dead

Hello James!

Happy new year to ya'll
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-08-2013, 09:33 AM
NC Chapter Czar

Two weekends ago we were scouting some potential duck blinds near a point where a creek peels off the river. To access it you have to go through some deep and somewhat remote woods for a long ways. Lots of mud holes and branch scraping to get there. We were also checking out signs for other wildlife. Bear, deer, big cats and such. I spotted some big tracks in the soft sand on the trail and we stopped to check them out. It's either a huge bobcat or what we think is an eastern cougar. Nc fish and wildlife put the eastern nc cougar on the extinct from our area list two years ago. But there are still reports of sightings. And after some investigating we have folks with "large cat with tail" sighted in and around the area we were scouting. The tracks were also pretty fresh and unmolested. We think the cat was still close in the area. Guns were out and it was a cool but kind of spooky feeling following the tracks. Ill show the photos of the tracks at the next dinner.

Y'all have a good week.
Join the NC Chapter
Old 01-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Brain dead

That would be awesome to see.

We have bob cats around here, I've been within 100' of them, not wanting to be any closer, that's for sure.
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-09-2013, 08:50 AM
NC Chapter Czar

Yeah I've heard them in the woods but haven't seen one alive. My friend stuck one bow hunting and got it mounted. I wouldn't want to go up against one for sure.

We have coyotes down here and its open season. I plan to have a nice pelt before spring.

Need to soak and flesh a deer pelt from this season so I can tan it and put it up.

Thinking hard about a long bow or recurve for next season. Going straight primitive.

Next step is a hand made bone handled knife and hand to hoof/paw combat with the woodland creatures.
Join the NC Chapter
Old 01-09-2013, 08:53 AM
Brain dead

Re-curve is my choice.The bone handle knife I can make for ya, but your on your own going against the creatures. I'll do the video, and give you a box of band aids if you want, lol
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-09-2013, 09:14 AM
NC Chapter Czar

Yeah a nice hunting recurve would be sweet. I got rid of all my compound bow gear years ago and always regretted it. Im not a big cross bow fan for hunting even though I think they are cool weapons.

We may need to discuss a bone handled knife. What I'd like is a nice skinner or caper with a wide drop point nose. Razor sharp with a solid grip and hilt. That would be sweet.

If you take video I get a portion of the youtube proceeds. And bring a bulk size box of band aids. I imagine hand to hoof with a wild hog is gonna hurt.

Hope you get healed up and down to your property soon.
Join the NC Chapter
Old 01-09-2013, 09:14 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > North Carolina Chapter