Sponsored by:

What's My Excursion Worth

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 01:44 PM
gt5-33
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's My Excursion Worth

I have a 2004 Eddie Bower Excursion 2 wheel drive with a V10 engine. It has 50K miles on the clock. What does the community think it is worth in today's market? Thanks

Old 12-03-2012, 05:55 PM
VaSheriff
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have had a 2003 V-10 Limited 4X4, 56,000 miles, excellent condition, for sale

for a year now. If it helps you any at all, I can't even get $12,995 for it.

Everybody wants to low ball me with offers of $6,000 to $7,000 like I'm some kind of fool.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:04 AM
gt5-33
Senior User
Excursion

I will just keep it for that kind of price! Really don't need to sell. Thanks for your input.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:25 AM
nicksex
Freshman User
LOL... Sheriff, as someone who is very actively looking... I really dont think that $6-7k is a low ball offer.. any product is only worth what the market will bare.... and you are proving to your self that the market will not bare $12,995 for your Ex....

There are some very good articles outlining how the market sets prices... essentially, you post a price and reduce that price every 10-14 days until you begin receiveing 2-3 calls per week on your product. Once that occurs, you know you have your product priced right. If those calls slow down again, then you lower the price again until the porduct eventually sells.

Low mileage Ex's are hard to find, but it doesnt appear that mileage is a huge factor for these rigs.... its more about over all condition. I have looked at 8-10 rigs so far in my search... most are in decent condition, but some people understand the market and price them accordingly... others think that becasue they are not made anymore and they are huge etc, that they are just worth more...

Even though they are a little hard to find, I am still holding out for the right one to come along... anyone have a late limited or EB V-10 they wanna sell??

Old 12-04-2012, 12:27 PM
VaSheriff
Postmaster
There's not enough V-10 low mileage Excursions being bought and sold to establish any type of baseline price right now. 98% of what is on the market are the 6.0L diesels people are trying to dump quickly. Go to eBaY and take a look if you want a second opinion.

Private transaction, seller to buyer, KBB on my 2003 V-10 4X4 Excursion Limited is $15,759 low end (fair condition), $17,034 (good condition), $17,384 (very good condition), and $17,834 high end (excellent condition).

Even KBB trade-in value is $13,034 to $14,859.

With trade-in value and current rebates/offers, I have been offered $21,000 trade on a leftover 2012 FORD F-250 superduty crewcab 4X4 6.7 diesel MSRP $58,034.

Any person in this forum would qualify for an involuntary mental evaluation if they sell a 2003 with 56,000 miles in excellent condition for $6,000 to $7,000. It's absurd to even think this is the norm in resale value.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:58 PM
nicksex
Freshman User
Sorry Sheriff... that makes no sense to me....

Regardless of what KBB says... if no one will buy your vehicle for the price posted in KBB, then you keep lowering it until someone does buy it... that is the true value...

Not sure I follow your example with the new purchase... and that isnt a good measure either, because the dealer has margin in the new vehicle, so they can pay you more for your trade as long as they get it back in the new vehicle price.. They will make their money, whether you realize it or not...

I am not trying to pick a fight wiht you... but as a perspective buyer, I get a little crooked when people say that a certain price is a low ball or less than a vehicle is worth... its woth what someone will pay... and a seller doesnt have to be stupid for selling thier vehicle for the price they can get... because if they... and you... hold out for more, the vehicle is likley only decreasing in value.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:31 PM
VaSheriff
Postmaster
Originally Posted by nicksex
Sorry Sheriff... that makes no sense to me....

Regardless of what KBB says... if no one will buy your vehicle for the price posted in KBB, then you keep lowering it until someone does buy it... that is the true value...

Not sure I follow your example with the new purchase... and that isnt a good measure either, because the dealer has margin in the new vehicle, so they can pay you more for your trade as long as they get it back in the new vehicle price.. They will make their money, whether you realize it or not...

I am not trying to pick a fight wiht you... but as a perspective buyer, I get a little crooked when people say that a certain price is a low ball or less than a vehicle is worth... its woth what someone will pay... and a seller doesnt have to be stupid for selling thier vehicle for the price they can get... because if they... and you... hold out for more, the vehicle is likley only decreasing in value.
Well, first off, I haven't really been advertising mine for sale. Except by word of mouth whenever anybody here in these forums is looking for or asking about one. And those asking about or looking for one are usually new members who wanna pick one up for a song and dance, they obviously think people are selling Excursions because they need to or have to.

Secondly, I know all about how dealerships work. I have been buying cars, trucks and vans for almost 40 years. I know they are still going to make money.

Thirdly, there's no fight to be had here. I am not selling my Excursion for a low ball figure of $6,000 to $7,000. And no buyer is buying it for $6,000 to $7,000. It's that simple. No amount of discussion here or anywhere else is going to land my Excursion in any prospective buyer's driveway for $6,000 to $7,000.

There's a low mileage (60,843 miles) 2000 4X4 V-10 on eBay right now. The auction is already up to $11,600. Why on earth would I low ball my 2003 model out for $6,000 to $7,000 just because I got an offer from some new member here in these forums?

Ford : Excursion XLT 4wd in Ford | eBay Motors

You're in the market for a nice V-10 Excursion. It's to your advantage to join the forum here and make everybody think Excursions have no market value now.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Bigdaddybus
Senior User
LOL, I looked at this thread as I was wondering the other day what my X is worth and perhaps I should ask. guess not

BTW VaSheriff your comments make total sense to this rational human being

Old 12-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Matt's Dad
Senior User
I agree with something is only worth what someone is willing to pay - however I don't agree with the 'keep reducing it until it sells'.............my Dad was selling his car and had it advertised for weeks with no calls or interest at all - he ended up putting the price UP and got calls and sold it! We think he had priced it too low to start with and people thought it must have problems!

Old 12-04-2012, 03:26 PM
nicksex
Freshman User
Originally Posted by VaSheriff
Well, first off, I haven't really been advertising mine for sale. Except by word of mouth whenever anybody here in these forums is looking for or asking about one. And those asking about or looking for one are usually new members who wanna pick one up for a song and dance, they obviously think people are selling Excursions because they need to or have to.

Secondly, I know all about how dealerships work. I have been buying cars, trucks and vans for almost 40 years. I know they are still going to make money.

Thirdly, there's no fight to be had here. I am not selling my Excursion for a low ball figure of $6,000 to $7,000. And no buyer is buying it for $6,000 to $7,000. It's that simple. No amount of discussion here or anywhere else is going to land my Excursion in any prospective buyer's driveway for $6,000 to $7,000.

There's a low mileage (60,843 miles) 2000 4X4 V-10 on eBay right now. The auction is already up to $11,600. Why on earth would I low ball my 2003 model out for $6,000 to $7,000 just because I got an offer from some new member here in these forums?

Ford : Excursion XLT 4wd in Ford | eBay Motors

You're in the market for a nice V-10 Excursion. It's to your advantage to join the forum here and make everybody think Excursions have no market value now.
First off... you are on here crying and complaining that no one will give you $12,995 for your Excursion after trying to sell it for a year..

Second... you are exactly why I dont buy cars from forum members... they always think what they have is worth sooo much because they are on a forum and they will only sell their stuff if they can scam some poor newbie into paying way too much... that sounds like your schitck exaclty!!!

Thirdly... I really couldnt care less that you wouldn't sell your excursion unless someone overpays you... and I only say overpays because to date you cant sell it for $12,995, so it must not be worth that...

I am not a newbie trying to lowball a member out of their vehicle, I am on here trying to learn as much as I can about a vehicle that I am interested in... and as I said above, I dont buy cars from fourm members because they generally tend to over value their cars and want validation from other members of how valuable their cars are... one forum member asking another what their vehicle is worth is a joke... for many, many reasons... think about it...

I only responded to the fact that cars and trucks and Excursions are only worth what the market will bare... not what a seller asks for or thinks its worth... there are many more factors that go into the value of a vehicle and what it can be bought for...

The OP asked what the fourm thought his vehicle might be worth... your only response was that you cant get $12,995 for yours.... so to me, that means it isnt worth what you are asking... I was actually responding to the OP's question.

I have no advantage in making forum members believe there rigs are worthless.. that makes no sense... as I said, I am not buying form a forum member and when I get mine, I want it to be priceless!!!

Old 12-04-2012, 03:33 PM
nicksex
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Matt's Dad
I agree with something is only worth what someone is willing to pay - however I don't agree with the 'keep reducing it until it sells'.............my Dad was selling his car and had it advertised for weeks with no calls or interest at all - he ended up putting the price UP and got calls and sold it! We think he had priced it too low to start with and people thought it must have problems!
Its just a standard business model for pricing... in your circumstance, you may have stumbled upon a fluke.. but generally, business''s price an item and then reduce the price such that supply and demand find an equalibrium... same thing in selling cars generally... you set a price and then adjust the price to find the right about of interest.

Last edited by nicksex; 12-04-2012 at 03:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-04-2012, 03:55 PM
VaSheriff
Postmaster
BigDaddyBus and Matt's Dad, I think we are wasting our time in this discussion.

I can't even find the replies in which I have been crying and complaining like nicksex claims....

I can't recall many members here who have Excursions worth as little as $6,000 to $7,000. And I certainly can't find any on the Internet. Can anybody link me up to a few low mileage excellent condition Excursions with an asking price of $6,000 to $7,000? I want to buy a few of them and flip 'em for a few bucks.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:10 PM
nicksex
Freshman User
Originally Posted by VaSheriff
I have had a 2003 V-10 Limited 4X4, 56,000 miles, excellent condition, for sale

for a year now. If it helps you any at all, I can't even get $12,995 for it.

Everybody wants to low ball me with offers of $6,000 to $7,000 like I'm some kind of fool.

Here Sherrif, I found it for you.. " for sale for a year now... if it helps at all, I cant even get $12,995 for it..."....

Read my replies.. I didnt say yours was worth $6-7k... but it probably isnt worth what you are asking, otherwise you would have sold it..

LOL.. I love it.. you cant sell the one you have now because you are overpricing it... but you want to buy more, overprice those and then complain that you cant sell them because miserable people wont pay what you are asking...

Frankly... If I could find a local Ex to me in the condition and miles yours is in, I would take a serious look at it.. I am not a bottom of the barrell buyer.. I typically pay more for a very clean, low mile example... recall that my comments had nothign to do with your Ex, but simply how to price things, which was the OP's question.. and again I answer, if no one pays what you are asking, lower the price a bit until you get some serious interest.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Treker58
Senior User
This thread needs to be closed it's moving to far away from OP

Old 12-04-2012, 04:26 PM
nicksex
Freshman User
Ok.. that is partly my fault.. I was tryign to give some advice and then it went sideways when I was accused of being a newbie trying to low ball fourm members....

OP... I would say that the 2wd offsets the low miles a little bit... depending upon where you are located...

I would put it up for sale for $10.5-$11k and see what interest you get. If you get a lot of interest and you think you are a little low, then simply demand an all cash deal at full price... if you arent getting any interest after two weeks, start lowering the price by $500 and leave it there for 2 weeks until you start getting solid interest... that should tell you exaclty what it is worth...

Quick Reply: What's My Excursion Worth