Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

December Chat/All Topic Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 12:01 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
December Chat/All Topic Thread

Well, I thought if I waited a day...it would give Joe a fair shot at starting one for the month. Guess his wife has got him busy taking care of her new chariot.

December 1st and we had the a/c going not only in the truck but at the house as well. Good ole Albert Gore might have been onto to something after all!

Old 12-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Will P.
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I doubt Al is right about much of anything.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:58 AM
mudder460
Posting Guru
Well hello there everyone!! I am still alive. I am deployed overseas again for another 6 months! I'm doing good over here, been to this base before so there is nothing shocking about it. lol I'm hoping to put some money away to get me a new project when I get back, if I can find what I want. Hope everyone is doing good back there!

Old 12-03-2012, 02:07 PM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mudder460
Well hello there everyone!! I am still alive. I am deployed overseas again for another 6 months! I'm doing good over here, been to this base before so there is nothing shocking about it. lol I'm hoping to put some money away to get me a new project when I get back, if I can find what I want. Hope everyone is doing good back there!
Well, Andy, first off thank you for your service. Stay safe, and make the best of it. You are missing out on 70F degree december thus far

Old 12-03-2012, 08:13 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by zhilton
Well, I thought if I waited a day...it would give Joe a fair shot at starting one for the month. Guess his wife has got him busy taking care of her new chariot.
Whats bad is, about 4 days ago I thought to myself, "I'm gonna make sure and start the thread this month" then somewhere in between I think I was abducted by aliens.

I spent about a day this past weekend behind an electric jackhammer, trying to somewhat level out the mess in my driveway. Yea, that's another story.

The morning they were pouring my slab, the guy was getting ready to wash out his truck in the yard, so go back there and tell him, "Just clean it out in the driveway" - that was a mistake

When I got home that evening, there was a big "S" shape concrete pour that was way too thick, everything except the truck would drag over it.

Hey Andy! How long before you get to come home?

Old 12-04-2012, 05:28 AM
mudder460
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by BigAlsPSD
Well, Andy, first off thank you for your service. Stay safe, and make the best of it. You are missing out on 70F degree december thus far
You are welcome and thank you for your support. I'm not missing out too much, it has been in the 80ºs here. lol I'm def going to se my time here to hit the gym and lose some weight!

Originally Posted by tojoski
Hey Andy! How long before you get to come home?
I'll be home around mid May.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:24 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
WTF?!?!?! December.... and I've already missed 4 days of it.

I thought that looked like Joe on that spaceship.

This is the Freestar y'all bought this summer for the Florida trip? And folks give the 6.0L a load of grief for lifting the heads when you run 'em just a little "HOT". Glad you made it home safe.
Yep. The hell of it is there is a recall for the 04 and 05's for the torque converter, but not the 06. So I get to pay for mine.

Dropped it off at the dealer today. One of the techs there is in church choir with the old lady. He quoted me 4 hours labor to do it, so he can have that turd.

Last edited by cookie88; 12-04-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:22 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
4 hours sounds like a bargain to me, I look under the hood of that thing and I'm thinkin like 4 days maybe.

I put the vin into the recall checker and it says there are no recalls pending, it just turned 84k so here's hoping...

Old 12-05-2012, 09:51 AM
Rvcraftsman
New User
Andy, Thanks for being there man. Hope your command is US and not UN!!!

Old 12-05-2012, 07:32 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
4 hours sounds like a bargain to me, I look under the hood of that thing and I'm thinkin like 4 days maybe.

I put the vin into the recall checker and it says there are no recalls pending, it just turned 84k so here's hoping...
Right. Me too. You don't have to drop the engine to get the trany out, but you do have to drop the engine cradle. I thought four hours sounded like a real bargain.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:34 PM
BJsCOOT2
Junior User
Tax free Baby !

Old 12-06-2012, 05:03 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Whats bad is, about 4 days ago I thought to myself, "I'm gonna make sure and start the thread this month" then somewhere in between I think I was abducted by aliens.
How's Elvis?
You are welcome and thank you for your support. I'm not missing out too much, it has been in the 80ºs here. lol I'm def going to se my time here to hit the gym and lose some weight!
While I'm thankful that you there for this great nation...all I can say is "good luck" when it comes to loosing weight. Pretty much easier said than done for most folks. Especially for folks like myself that spend way too much time (10-11 hours a day) sitting on their butt at work.
Originally Posted by cookie88
I thought that looked like Joe on that spaceship.
You seen that one too?
Yep. The hell of it is there is a recall for the 04 and 05's for the torque converter, but not the 06. So I get to pay for mine.
Well, is there a newer/better a/m option out there? There's got to be something...especially if they were dropping like flies in the '04 and '05 models.
Dropped it off at the dealer today. One of the techs there is in church choir with the old lady. He quoted me 4 hours labor to do it, so he can have that turd.
You know, I hear there is a AR chapter member near central AR with a new shop that hasn't been blessed with motor oil/tranny fluid on the floor yet. Just saying it would be an awesome chapter project!

Old 12-08-2012, 01:52 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Well, is there a newer/better a/m option out there?
Nope. The dealer is the only place that carries the part. Lists @ $401.99. Paid $320 for it.

Just saying it would be an awesome chapter project!
That would have been fun, but I dropped it off on Wednesday and picked it up today. Done deal. Guys at the dealership also gave me a couple of customer service numbers to call to talk about getting reimbursed. They also thought it was B/S that this wasn't a recall fix.

In all a surprisingly good dealership experience.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:39 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
What dealer was this?

Old 12-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Will P.
Senior User
Anyone ever change spark plugs in a 4.6l? What do I need to watch out for and do I need anything special in the way of tools? It is pretty easy to do on my old 360 but this 4.6 is a little different.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: December Chat/All Topic Thread