Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Junior User

mrjones111 is starting off with a positive reputation.
New to me Expy

Well, after harassing everyone with multiple questions about limited slip rear ends, we picked up our new to us 2011 Expedition EL yesterday.

We had a 98 back in the early days, drove the wheels off it and replaced it with an 05 Durango. That was a great little car, and we kept it, but my girls have gotten older and it just didn't have enough rear leg room for them.

I didn't realize that Ford made them the way that we bought this one. We'd been looking for a Limited, but what we ended up with is a 4WD XLT 203A with the Sport Appearance package. It seems to have everything that a Limited has except heated rear seats, but here on the Texas Gulf coast that's certainly not a deal breaker. It also has as options the headrest entertainment system and power running boards. It must have been ordered as a fleet vehicle because it has the three fleet only options: block heater, skid plates, and DRLs.

I'm replacing the bland looking factory 18" XLT wheels with some 18" 2010 F150 FX4 wheels I got on Craigslist. Got a great deal on the wheels that have almost new Yokohama Geolander ATS tires on them.

I'm looking for to our Christmas trip coming up. We're driving it from Houston to Lake Tahoe. Should be about 5000 miles total with the running around we do there.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Senior User

RI-Matt is starting off with a positive reputation.
Congrats on the purchase.

Isn't it funny how there used to be a distinct difference between the XLT's and the Limiteds. Now just about everything on a Limited is available as an option on other models with the exception of heated rear seats, wood on the steering wheel, and powerfold mirrors. If you option it out, the price comes out about the same too.

P.S. If you swap your old TPMS to the new wheels you shouldn't have to have them reprogrammed.

Matt
Old 12-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Junior User

northernsnooker is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'd like to see some pics. I have thought about putting 20" fx4 wheels on my expedition. Either the gunmetal gray or black.
Thanks
Old 12-06-2012, 03:27 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator