Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Georgia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2012, 06:44 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.
Welcome to the December Chat Thread

Welcome to the December Chat Thread! The holiday season is upon us, the weather is turning colder and another year is almost here. I hope that everyone has Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!
Join the Georgia Forum- Click Here

Old 12-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Senior User

Southern Bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Southern Bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
SouthernBronco
Same to you Chief as well as all other members of FTE. I hope and pray every one has a great Christmas and a safe New Year.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:07 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.
Good Monday Morning everyone !!!!
No work on the old girl yet, been trying to finish the bathroom in the motorhome. It is taking a little longer then I thought it would. I am a lot better mechanic than I am a carpenter so it takes me a little longer. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:25 AM
Senior User

Southern Bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Southern Bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
SouthernBronco
Good Morning FTE! Hope ya'll have a great day!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:10 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Same to you back !!!! Going good so far, it's still early.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Postmaster

Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.
theGrubbworms JoEllen Grubbs
Happy Holidays to all.
Troubleshooting help, for anyone that needs it.
Reward good advice with a note by clicking the left red "Add to Reputation"
button right of the word "permalink" top right of the poster's message.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Postmaster

SkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant future
I dunno where the cold weather went, but I'm not complaining!!

I posted this up in the PSD forum, but I thought y'all might enjoy it as well. This is an aftermarket T4-style turbo mount and up-pipes and a Borg Warner S366 turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySkiJason View Post
Its all mocked up!

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

I think its a sexy little piece of hardware!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:39 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Keep plugging away at it jason, can't see pics at work but I bet it looks great. Had a Great time with Grubb and his wife over dinner. Finished up brifings Saturday around lunch and headed home.

I worked like a mad man yesterday and almost have the bathroom remodel/ repair complete on the Winnebago. I should be able to knock out the last few things during the week, hopefully before the wet and cold weather really sets in.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Just one year at a time..

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
First time in the Georgia chat thread for me, guys, so please bear with me.

For those that don't know me, I normally hang my hat on the 7.3 forum, and am watching Jason's build over there.

Reason I dropped in: My wife, Marge, and a girlfriend are going to Atlanta next month for a commercial "gift show", and then a Springer Dog show up in Gwinnett County.

They are coming in a couple of days early and asked me if I knew any "fun things to do" in Atlanta, as I used to get out to Fulton County Airport a lot, but that was some twenty-plus years ago. Well, I don't. However, that's where FTE comes in! Regional Chapter!!

Whatcha' got? These gals are both in their '60's, so clubbing is probably out. Since it's going to be January, maybe that should not be "outside" things.

Daytime things to see?

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 12-11-2012, 08:27 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Welcome !!!!
I do not live in Atlanta so I may not be the best on things to do, But I know of a few places when I visit.

Underground Atlanta is different, shopping and eating.
Welcome |*Underground Atlanta

The Aquarium is very cool: Georgia Aquarium | Dolphin Show | AT&T Dolphin Tales

The Mall of Georgia is a little drive north but worth the trip: Mall of Georgia®, a Simon Mall

The Coke museum: Atlanta Georgia Attractions - Attractions in Atlanta Georgia | World of Coca-Cola

CNN studio tour: Inside CNN Studio Tour at CNN Center in Atlanta, Ga - CNN.com

Teds montana grill is a great place to eat: Ted's Montana Grill

The varsity is a landmark, it has hit and miss reviews on the food. The Varsity :: What'll ya have!

Here is a cool website to check out on fun things to do in Atlanta: Things to Do in Atlanta - Explore 50 Fun Things to Do in Atlanta

I hope this helps.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Just one year at a time..

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Stephen,

That helps a LOT!! Thanks! That shopping stuff should be right down their "alley"!

That should get her started in her research. She's still got a month to decide what they're going to see, and this should give her plenty of ideas!

Again, THANKS! I knew the FTE guys would be the best source!

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 12-12-2012, 07:33 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Good Morning Everyone,
Pops, glad I could help. Atlanta has alot of cool stuff to do, I am sure they will find some stuff to keep them busy. It has been raining almost non stop since yesterday and the cooler weather has moved in here too. My garden is really liking the rain.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:21 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Good Morning guys,
Hope eveyone had your rain coats yesterday and your thick coat today, Man it is damp and cold and windy here. They say the sun is suppose to start coming out at around 1, can't come soon enough. Hope everyone is doing good.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:10 AM
Postmaster

SkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerPop View Post
Stephen,

That helps a LOT!! Thanks! That shopping stuff should be right down their "alley"!

That should get her started in her research. She's still got a month to decide what they're going to see, and this should give her plenty of ideas!

Again, THANKS! I knew the FTE guys would be the best source!

Pop
Pop,

Stephen's suggestions are great. There is PLENTY to do in downtown for sure. Lots of history stuff if you're interested.

We are about 2hrs northeast 'up in the mountains' if y'all have time for a scenic drive. It's all 4 lane divided hwy to our town (Blairsville) and arguably one of the prettiest 4 lane roads anywhere. There are several waterfalls, mountain lakes, and the (2) highest points in GA (4500-4800ft) within a few miles of our house. Mom has rental cabins on our property and I can provide more than a days 'tour' if ya have a chance to make an Excursion!

If you're interested, lemme know and I'll tell Mom to give you the 'family' rate!
2's Company Farm Creek Cabins - Blairsville, Georgia
Old 12-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Postmaster

Headed down to put the engine in the Excursion right NOW!!!

We'll find out soon how many bolts, parts and pieces I left in KS where I pulled the engine in the X - and/or how many where lost in transit...

Wish me luck!! Hopefully, I'll be burnin' rubber this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:14 AM