Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

British Columbia British Columbia
Join Chapter, Leader: Zip

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-28-2012, 11:40 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
BC's New Member Thread

Ok folks I'm getting lazy. This will be the official BC new member thread.

With that being said.............

Welcome to our newest member andreasb. Coming to us from Duncan and rolling in an 06 F350.
Welcome.
Chris,#12 BS'er/Official Slackmaster #7/AVIDEST WINTER HATER
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 12-05-2012, 10:11 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
Welcome to our newest member Vadis. A fellow dent lover. Gotta like that.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 12-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Senior User

Vadis is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the invite Zip.
Haven't posted any yet but I've spent a ton of time in the '73-'79 forum just reading and learning. Figured here is as good a place as any to put an introduction.
I got my '79 F-150 Custom from my girlfriend as a birthday gift this year after hunting for a project for a few months before hand. It's not mint by any means and there's a few issues to work out before I tear into a full on resto-mod but I was looking for something to learn on. I plan on doing most everything myself, so it'll be quite the undertaking.
Click the image to open in full size.
The only history I have on the truck (besides a build sheet requested from Ford that showed me what was on the truck) is that's it's from down south (Chilliwack area) and was saved from crushing. Quite literally saved. It was on the forklift going in the crusher! That caused issue #1: Bent rear drive shaft. Have been on the look out for another since July.
Issue #2 is the P.O. swapped out the original 300 for a 302 and used the stock motor towers. So the whole engine sits ridiculously low. I know the 302 wasn't an option for 4wd of this year so I've been trying to search for info on possibly using 2wd towers, if that would even work on a 4wd frame or some other solution.
Besides that I've got it sitting for the winter while I research and plan my build and hunt down needed parts. Picked up a much needed passenger fender and tailgate off someone getting rid of the last of their dentside parts on Kijiji for $100 a couple weeks ago. Otherwise it's been ordering catalogs, reading a ton of posts on FTE and hunting part trucks on Kijiji.

Thanks again for the invite and I'm looking forward to soaking up more knowledge from everyone here.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:07 AM
BC Chapter LDR

If you are in need of any parts or even another truck let me know.

These are mine.

BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 12-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Senior User

Thanks Zip. Bout the only thing I'm in need of at the moment are the towers (if the 2wd towers would even work on 4wd frame) and a drive shaft. I've seen a few pretty nice dents down your way on Kijiji for a good price but sadly a 7ish hour drive from PG is pretty far out of the way.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:18 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Too long of a drive for me as well.

If you have not yet check out a site called castanet. It' basically Penticton, Kelowna and Vernon.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 12-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Senior User

Thanks for another resource to check out Zip
Those cities are still a little far to go for parts but I'll keep an eye on that site for good parts trucks and if it's a really good deal it might be worth the trip.

Any chance you have a drive shaft like the one pictured above kicking around? I've had no luck locally except to get one custom made (~$600) or use the ends on my current one and weld them on a tube that one of the local shops found kicking around (~$300) to get me going.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:07 AM
BC Chapter LDR

Is it the stock shaft? How long is it. Let me know and I'll see what I can find.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 12-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Senior User

Thanks Zip.
As far as I know it's the stock shaft. The tube is ~56" weld to weld and it's ~69" from the center of the u-joints.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:52 PM
BC Chapter LDR

I'll have a look see. It may be a few or more days till I get a chance to look though.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 12-27-2012, 08:59 PM
Senior User

No problem! I completely understand, it is the holidays and winter after all
Old 12-29-2012, 01:47 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Welcome to our newest member f150krawlr. Coming to us from Chilliwack and driving a 94 F150.

Welcome to FTE and the BC Chapter.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 12-31-2012, 02:46 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Welcome to our newest chapter member smegg. Driving a 95 F150. Welcome to the Chapter.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 01-02-2013, 01:01 AM
BC Chapter LDR

We have two new members today.

Welcome to dieselduster. Calling Cloverdale home and rolling in a newly purchased 04 F250.

Also welcome to VicSevenSeven. Calling Victoria home and rolling in one of my favs a 77 F100.

Welcome guys.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 01-08-2013, 09:19 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Welcome to our newest member upshotbravo. Living somewhere in BC and driving a 94 F250.
Welcome to the BC Chapter.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 01-08-2013, 09:19 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia