Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

British Columbia British Columbia
Join Chapter, Leader: Zip

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2014, 05:59 PM
New User

Dave809 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ugh! Just finished changing the sway bar links. Getting the bolts out of the support piece on the right side was a bitch. Loc-tite
Still got a clunk. Grrrr!
Must get hoist!!!
Old 01-08-2014, 01:03 AM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
Welcome to our newest chapter member madhatt. Coming to us from Kamloops and rolling in a newly purchased 05 F250. About to tear into the engine to do some egr work. Good luck, hope it all works out.
Chris,#12 BS'er/Official Slackmaster #7/AVIDEST WINTER HATER
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 01-09-2014, 11:04 AM
Freshman User

madhatt is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks, Zip! I have high hopes for this beast, can't wait to get started. First I need to prepare my parts list - luckily the truck has been dealer maintained at Sunrise Ford in 100 Mile House most of it's life, and they're willing to provide me a full service history. One thing I've noticed, I'm sure it already has the high-idle mod - if I leave it for a few the idle shoots up, and it drops back down when I depress the brake pedal. I've wrenched a bit before, but this will be my first Diesel truck - should be a good learning experience.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:45 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
Mine does the same with a cold start idle. I don't know if it's the high-idle mod or not. I think the hardest part of the egr delete is getting to it. Let us know what kit you get and what it's like quality wise. It's all pretty much nuts and bolts.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 02-11-2014, 03:12 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Welcome to our newest chapter members. twiggi coming to us from somewhere in the province and rolling in a 91 F250. Welcome. trozei coming to us from Langley and rolling in a pretty sweet looking 69 F150. Welcome to you as well.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 02-11-2014, 03:27 PM
Post Fiend

Steve GG has a brilliant futureSteve GG has a brilliant futureSteve GG has a brilliant futureSteve GG has a brilliant futureSteve GG has a brilliant futureSteve GG has a brilliant futureSteve GG has a brilliant futureSteve GG has a brilliant futureSteve GG has a brilliant futureSteve GG has a brilliant futureSteve GG has a brilliant future
Welcome for the Heart of Dixie..

Big BSer #16
Old 02-13-2014, 02:34 AM
Freshman User

mario9272 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hello Fellow BC members

Thought I would say Hi from Kamloops
Old 02-13-2014, 02:38 AM
BC Chapter LDR

Hello mario. I have some relatives living in Kamloops.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 02-13-2014, 01:21 PM
Freshman User

madhatt is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi there, I'm also in Kamloops. Enjoying the relative warmth these past couple days
Old 02-13-2014, 02:31 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Wow that's at least three Kamloopians here.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 02-13-2014, 08:16 PM
Freshman User

mario9272 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yes I can say I have definitely enjoyed the nice few days. Hopefully it can stay like this for awhile.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:35 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Done with the cold now I hope. Probably just some more snow to come. Time to get out for some camping.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 02-16-2014, 05:24 AM
Canadian, eh?

trozei has a good reputation on FTE.trozei has a good reputation on FTE.trozei has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
Welcome. trozei coming to us from Langley and rolling in a pretty sweet looking 69 F150. Welcome to you as well.
Ahem, she's an F100. Thanks though.

Anyway, as mentioned I'm a Langley guy. I daily drive the old bumpside so there's a chance fellow locals could see me on the roads, rain or shine. I don't believe in letting a vehicle sit. If it isn't suitable for driving, make it suitable.

I'm a young guy working in a CNC machine shop. I'm on the waiting list at BCIT to get my journeyman's papers. What we do at the company I work at is manufacture industrial drywall taping tools, but we also do a lot of Swiss machining for customers all over the world, private or public sector. For those who don't fully understand what "Swiss" machining is, it means really small stuff. Our Swiss machines are all from Citizen, the watch company. They make CNC Swiss lathes and then use those lathes to make their watch parts. A Swiss lathe from any brand will only take bar stock and is typically limited to parts 1 1/4" in diameter.

We're in the middle of a big move right now so the shop is sometimes empty and sometimes full. There's my truck in the shop with the new Swiss lathe in the background. I was replacing the spark plugs there. In May we'll move in the other four Swiss lathes over.

And yes, my plate number is actually HH 0000.

Click the image to open in full size.

Cost? $250,000, give or take. Before you let that one sink in, here's a $936,000 machine fresh from Japan. Installation and assembly was completed last week.

The photo doesn't do it justice. It's probably 35 feet long.

Machining equipment makes the Snap-On truck look like a trip to Wal-Mart. Thankfully, my boss has equipment for us to use, as I can't afford the tools myself. ($300 for a 6" square, anyone?)

Anyway, I'm on a tangent. I obviously like classic vehicles, so there's that. I like to dirtbike too. I don't have much for seat time, so I'm by no means a pro rider, but I do have fun.

I'm also really bad at not tinkering and perfecting things. In the summer I'll do a frame-off on my truck but until then I'll occupy myself with my dirtbike rebuild. It's down to the frame right now...

I'm a stickler for colours, which is basically the only reason I have my dirtbike apart. I'm going to powdercoat the ever living **** out of it and make it all cool-looking. Use my bicycle as an example. Everything has to match.

And my truck's carburetor. This is a rendering but I'm pulling it apart soon to have it done like this.

But yes, I love tinkering. I love learning. I love everything mechanical, especially engines, because it's all one big complicated puzzle that I can see how it works. I am terrible with electronics because it's all theoretical and I've never been able to fully grasp the concepts.

I've rebuilt a couple engines and differentials and even rebuilt my truck's transmission. I love it.

I also have an unhealthy obsession with buying new tools, and I take after my mother by having expensive taste, so I tend to favour the Snap-On man a little more than I should. At least it's a one-time purchase.

I also love photography, with my favourite subject being cars and dirtbikes.

H'okay, I think that's all for now. Sorry for the massive post.

1969 Ford F100 300 C4 // 1973 Ford F100 Ranger 360 C6 // 2004 Ford F150 FX4 5.4L // 1995 BMW 525i
Old 02-16-2014, 06:13 AM
BC Chapter LDR

That's some interesting stuff there. I love the carb.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 02-16-2014, 06:15 AM
Canadian, eh?

trozei has a good reputation on FTE.trozei has a good reputation on FTE.trozei has a good reputation on FTE.
Thank you. I love to be different and it's usually the little things that separate a good build from a great build.

1969 Ford F100 300 C4 // 1973 Ford F100 Ranger 360 C6 // 2004 Ford F150 FX4 5.4L // 1995 BMW 525i
Old 02-16-2014, 06:15 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia