Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to the November Chat Thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Southern Bronco
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to the November Chat Thread!!!

Hope everybody had a good and safe Halloween. Now its time to get ready for Thanksgiving. Hope ya'll have a another good month. Chief I hope you're not working to hard.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:18 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Dang you beat me on starting a new thread again.. Went to have a scope look at my stomach yesterday, not as bad as I thought it would be. No ulcer, so thats good news, bad news is they really have no idea what is going on. Electric guy did the few things yesterday to wrap up selling the house. The last contractor is there today wrapping up his few things, I will blow in a little more insulation on monday and we will be done with the fix it list.. finally. Wife and I have manditory classes this weekend since I just came back from deployment, so I will probibly not be on here.

Once we sell the house on the 12th, I will start collecting parts for the truck!!!! Power steering and brake work is first on the list.

Work is slowing down some now that a majority of the admin stuff is complete and I know how we stand on everything. We are getting ready for a complete shop overhaul. They are stripping the building to the foundation and building new and it is going to be super nice. New works bays, office, concrete driveways, bathrooms, everything. I will post your tax dollars at work...

Old 11-02-2012, 08:32 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,895 Likes on 1,145 Posts
Originally Posted by Southern Bronco
Hope everybidy had a good and safe Halloween. Now its time to get ready for Thanksgiving.
Yep! Halloween officially ends 'dieting season' - no need to even try to lose weight again until after Christmas...

Hope y'all are doing well. Its been a little chilly up here with lows a little below freezing. The winds the last several days have removed nearly all the leaves, but we had a nice run of color while it lasted. Gotta start winterizing the boat, campers, tractors, lawnmowers, etc...

Anyone up for a mountain GTG? I'll host it if there's any interest. We can fire up the grill and build a fire in the fire-pit gazebo. We also have a gameroom with pool table, air hockey, pinball games and slot machines. There's room to shoot guns and ride the off road go-cart too.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:28 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I am but work has me bogged down till at least March.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:39 AM
DeepRoots
Posting Guru
Made it home Nov 1st. be home for two weeks.... looks like a good november.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Southern Bronco
Elder User
Originally Posted by ChiefM
I am but work has me bogged down till at least March.

I know the feeling bout that Chief. Same here, I pull 11 to 12 hours at the shop then if the wife is working night shift at the store I go sit with here til closing (anywhere from 10pm to mid-night). Dont like her working by herself in a convience store at night. If she gets the manager spot it'll be all morning shifts then,but thats a few months off.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:43 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Good afternoon Georgians...hope your weekend is off to great start!

Old 11-03-2012, 03:32 PM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Howdy Tim!! Yes, it is a spectacular day up here in the mountains. Very low humidity, not a cloud in the sky, a gentle breeze and a high in the low 70's (after a low in the mid 30's I think?). It is PERFECT camping weather!!!!!

My aunt & uncle are visiting from Fla and after eating waaaay too much lunch at the chinese buffet, we took them over to Helton Creek Falls to walk a little of it off. It's a gorgeous drive thru the Nat'l Forest to get to the falls and the (short) hike to the falls is really nice as well. Most of the leaves are gone now, but there is still some color here and there.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:37 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Good morning everyone,
Duty was good this weekend but the classes we had were boring. Geared more towards the kids that have never deployed, have no job or money issues. All in all it was good. Have to blow in 15 bags of insulation today and that will finish off the house and it will be sold next monday!!!!

Old 11-05-2012, 07:42 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I had almost forgotten what fun is was NOT blowing in insulation. I scanned the receipts to the Realtor so we are ready to finally sell next week!!!!

I hope everyone is going to vote tomorrow. My wife will be voting for the first time as I have been beating her up on doing it. One of the many freedoms we Americans have.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Southern Bronco
Elder User
The wife and I voted early,( getting her to go was like pulling teeth). But what gets to me is the one you know that wont vote, and they are the one that complain the loudest.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:42 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Good morning everyone,
Another nice morning here in south GA with just a little nip to the air. Fired up the old truck last night and let the fluids run. Going to get a power steering pump tonight and put it on this weekend. Next week will start getting the brake stuff together. I have the week of thanksgiving off, so I might be able to do a little work to the old girl. Veterans day is Monday so I get a 3 day weekend !!!!!

Old 11-07-2012, 07:55 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Mornin' y'all. A little drizzly here this AM, but not tooo cold. I winterized the 5ver I have for sale down in Cleveland yesterday - the consignment place offered to do it for $70, even after I explained it the lines were 90% full of antifreeze already because all I did this season was fill water heater and turn on the kitchen sink... I also have valves to isolate WH and so I can suck antifreeze straight out of the jug. It took me about 5min and less than 1/2 gal of 'pink stuff' to fully winterize it. I'm RICH!!!!!

I may be pulling the engine out of my dually, changing injector cups and a few other things - then putting it back in my Excursion in the next couple weeks. The problem I'm having is there is no budget/time table for building a new engine for the X and in many ways it is a more practical vehicle for me than the F350 right now..... I also have LOTS of time right now. I'm gonna solicit help/company from a couple nearby FTE brothers - so we might as well fire up the grill, drink some beers and call it a GTG.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:32 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I wish I had time too, seems like I am always behind. I fix one thing at home and another thing breaks down. Today at work I am doing the inventory of the shop equipment / tools, etc. I hate it, gives me a headache.

Complained to my doctor yesterday and they finally gave me something to help with the stomach problems I have been having and it is working great !!!!!

Old 11-07-2012, 02:23 PM
reality_check
Junior User
Hello all, I have been approved, and am now a Georgia chapter member, I hope to gtg, and meet some fellow fte soon.
Phil

Quick Reply: Welcome to the November Chat Thread!!!