Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-28-2012, 01:22 PM
New User

Meaux is starting off with a positive reputation.
2001 Lightning

I'm looking at a 2001 Lightnin' w/ 174,000 miles... I'm spooked at the Mileage... The truck looks very good and well taken care of, everything works...

What should I be concerned about?

I noticed it dosen't have drilled rotors like the newer one down the street...

What years did 'cross drilled rotors' come from the factory? Were they ever Standard Equipment? The newer one w/drilled rotors could have been modded for all I know... The Owner of the 01' said he just replaced Brakes and Rotors 6 months ago... Just wondering if he cut corners and went with non-drilled rotors...

TIA...
Old 11-30-2012, 06:12 PM
New User

Oh well, I bought the SOB... I'll be pickin' it up on Monday...

I found out drilled rotors are not standard equip. by checking OEM Rotors...

I don't know why I didn't think of that before starting a thread...

Still spooked on the mileage...

Oh well...
Old 11-30-2012, 07:57 PM
Senior User

Pili is starting off with a positive reputation.
The lightning scene is kinda dead on this site. Congrats on the L, post up some pics. The mileage is not a big issue depending on what your plans are. I know of a handful of stock block trucks with 200+k on them. I would suggest checking out lightningrodder.com, lightninggarage.com, nloc.net, svtperformance.com. Read up and get to know your truck.
Oxford White 1999 Ford Lightning #3326
Old 11-30-2012, 09:04 PM
New User

Heres a few pics of what I've gotten myself into... My plans are going to Home Depot every now and then... It'll never see 200K in my lifetime...

Click the image to open in full size.

New Ball Joints, A Arms, Sway Bar links, Bushings, Tires... No oil leaks...
Old 12-02-2012, 03:23 AM
Senior User

stoffer is starting off with a positive reputation.
looks like it's been maintained, or at least kept clean from the few pics you posted

now post some engine bay pics so can help you figure out what you need to look for
Old 12-02-2012, 10:37 AM
New User

This is the only one I have, which is useless... Anyway, no Oil leaks, Oil and Trans Fluid looks and smells good... The Owner is a Photographer (2nd for 7 years) that used it as a daily driver... He re-married and gained 2 Kids, so he bought a New 2012 F-150 a city block long and dosen't need this Truck anymore... He's not a DIY Hot-Rodder Type and would rather pay someone else to get under the Hood...

Old 12-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Postmaster

Firefighter 1406 has a good reputation on FTE.Firefighter 1406 has a good reputation on FTE.Firefighter 1406 has a good reputation on FTE.
Very nice looking truck. Love that body style. My favorite lightning wheels were the 99 style. But still very nice looking.
Seth "WE WILL NEVER FORGET" 343 PAA#129
Not so Early 99 F-250 Super Cab 4X4 w/7.3 stroker w/ 260,000, 6637 filter, 4" MBRP turbo back, coolant filter, zoodad, Hx, AutoMeter Guages, AIC, Leveling kit, Warn Premiums, 285 Duratrac's, Firestone Air Bags, Rancho 9000 XL's, Strobes,
www.roadsidehelpnetwork.org/
Old 12-02-2012, 08:19 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150