Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-27-2012, 07:36 PM
New User

nesport is starting off with a positive reputation.
dual tanks

I've seen all the posts about the Titan larger tanks, which seem to be the way to go and was ready to order, but I noticed somewhere that there is a Ford option for dual tanks (selector switch in the cab). Does anyone know anything about these? Do they have to be ordered with the truck, or can it be added after? Looked like there was a tank for and aft of the rear axle. Thanks.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Posting Guru

mhoefer has a very good reputation on FTE.mhoefer has a very good reputation on FTE.mhoefer has a very good reputation on FTE.
Cab and chassis only. We all wish.
27 ' Jayco Jayflight TT
(old Truck, sold at 132,000 Km, 2000 F350 S/C 5.4/4 sp Auto XLT 4.10s )
Old 11-28-2012, 05:27 AM
Postmaster

ruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud of
Joel Rusche Joel Rusche Joel Rusche
I have a transfer flow 50 gal tank in the bed. I like their system a lot. Look it up.
2 Kicker 10" subs, Rockford Fosgate amp
Ride-Rite air bags, VIAIR #10007 onboard air, AFE DPF back exhaust, power slot rotors/EBC pads, Nitto Trail Grapplers M/T 295/55 R20! Transfer-Flow 50 gal tank
Old 11-28-2012, 09:01 AM
Senior User

majkthreads is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.majkthreads is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruschejj View Post
I have a transfer flow 50 gal tank in the bed. I like their system a lot. Look it up.

Did you look at their 75 gallon tank at all? I was trying to find out if it would fit in the bed but still let me close my bak-flip F1 bed cover.
They said no but their dimmensions look likt it might just slip under there.

Also where did you mount their fuel delivery hardware, just in the corner of the dash where most tuners and stuff are?
Old 11-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Postmaster

ruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud of
Joel Rusche Joel Rusche Joel Rusche
I mounted the trax screen thing where you describe. Against the a pillar on top of the dash right above the driver side a/c vent. When I park in a hotel lot or something I put a baseball cap over it.

I did not look at the 75 gallon tank. The 50 I have I bought off Craig's list here where I live. Paid $400 for it. Still expensive but half of what a new one would be! I did not even know transfer flow existed until I saw the classified ad for it. Looked it up and decided to try it. I really like the trax transfer system. It just gradually pumps fuel as the main tank is drained, doing a good job of keeping the dash fuel gauge accurate considering the sum of 76 gallons. When my dash gauge says 1/2, I actually have 38 gallons of fuel on board.
2 Kicker 10" subs, Rockford Fosgate amp
Ride-Rite air bags, VIAIR #10007 onboard air, AFE DPF back exhaust, power slot rotors/EBC pads, Nitto Trail Grapplers M/T 295/55 R20! Transfer-Flow 50 gal tank
Old 11-28-2012, 05:41 PM
New User

nesport is starting off with a positive reputation.
i was afraid that the dual tanks were cab and cahssis only. I like the xfer flow, but can't give up the bed space. Guess it's off to Titan we go. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:01 PM
Junior User

jcain is starting off with a positive reputation.
titan makes a midship tank replacement in 50gals. i have one on the way.

27' Tango Travel Trailer, 27' v-nose enclosed car hauler for gto and 1500lb smoker bbq
2 weimaraners
gto (stroked TT), mazda, amg
Old 11-28-2012, 11:01 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel