1967 F100 4BT cummins daily driver build - Page 31 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

1967 F100 4BT cummins daily driver build

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2016, 05:22 PM
Junior User

danhigor is starting off with a positive reputation.
facebook.com/biggene1967
Sucks about your daily driver man. Looks like the wreck happened right off 820/183 over in HEB?? Right?? Lol, I grew up in Grand Prairie/Arlington area and used to work over that way quite a bit. Went back over spring break for the first time in 10 years and was utterly amazed at how much things have changed out that way.
Oh, and awesome work on the project man. Gives us rookie welders some hope. lol.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:59 PM
Post Fiend

JEFFFAFA has much to be proud ofJEFFFAFA has much to be proud ofJEFFFAFA has much to be proud ofJEFFFAFA has much to be proud ofJEFFFAFA has much to be proud ofJEFFFAFA has much to be proud ofJEFFFAFA has much to be proud ofJEFFFAFA has much to be proud ofJEFFFAFA has much to be proud of
Hey F100, any updates?

Old 08-18-2016, 02:28 PM
Posting Guru

f100today is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.f100today is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFFAFA View Post
Hey F100, any updates?
Yes sir.....well; kinda. I've done lots of tedious work with wiring lately. With 2 condenser fans, a radiator fan, a transmission cooler fan, a air compressor, the power supply to the AC system, the stereo system, and running the headlights off of relays this electrical system has become real OVERKILL! I basically ended up cutting out 15% of the painless harness I bought, mainly because of the GM alternator and no ignition due to the diesel, and modifying probably 50% of the rest of it. I was waiting to get all the wiring done and tidied up before I post pictures. I also got the rear end all welded up with the disc brake set up and all of it painted. Driveshaft installed and painted as well. About to run all the wires for the transmission and controller. Pictures in a week or so and thanks for askin

build thread: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...ver-build.html
Old 08-18-2016, 03:05 PM
Shiftoholic

Freightrain has a great reputation on FTE.Freightrain has a great reputation on FTE.Freightrain has a great reputation on FTE.Freightrain has a great reputation on FTE.Freightrain has a great reputation on FTE.
Oh dang, just caught this post. Sorry about the loss of your OBS. That really sucks. Been there, done that about 8 yrs ago. Same thing, lady in a minivan runs a light doing 45 mph and bends mine around about the same. Junk, not a straight panel on any side. Ugh.

Click the image to open in full size.

I was already seeing a chiro for my other back issues for many years. Started a new session to fix the new issues. Even 8 yrs later I get pain/stiffness from this.
Old 08-18-2016, 03:22 PM
Post Fiend

JEFFFAFA has much to be proud ofJEFFFAFA has much to be proud ofJEFFFAFA has much to be proud ofJEFFFAFA has much to be proud ofJEFFFAFA has much to be proud ofJEFFFAFA has much to be proud ofJEFFFAFA has much to be proud ofJEFFFAFA has much to be proud ofJEFFFAFA has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by f100today View Post
Yes sir.....well; kinda. I've done lots of tedious work with wiring lately. With 2 condenser fans, a radiator fan, a transmission cooler fan, a air compressor, the power supply to the AC system, the stereo system, and running the headlights off of relays this electrical system has become real OVERKILL! I basically ended up cutting out 15% of the painless harness I bought, mainly because of the GM alternator and no ignition due to the diesel, and modifying probably 50% of the rest of it. I was waiting to get all the wiring done and tidied up before I post pictures. I also got the rear end all welded up with the disc brake set up and all of it painted. Driveshaft installed and painted as well. About to run all the wires for the transmission and controller. Pictures in a week or so and thanks for askin

You're welcome Buddy. Lookin' forward to the upcoming pics. You know the ol' FTE saying.......Without pics it didn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freightrain View Post
Oh dang, just caught this post. Sorry about the loss of your OBS. That really sucks. Been there, done that about 8 yrs ago. Same thing, lady in a minivan runs a light doing 45 mph and bends mine around about the same. Junk, not a straight panel on any side. Ugh.

Dang Train. That was a sharp truck. I like the color combo.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:56 PM
Posting Guru

bajafishnut has a great reputation on FTE.bajafishnut has a great reputation on FTE.bajafishnut has a great reputation on FTE.bajafishnut has a great reputation on FTE.bajafishnut has a great reputation on FTE.
bajafishnut
Black 'N Blue is just his own color after the accident... Trust me Train, there are plenty of brainless drivers out there of both genders, and some who have switched, due to cross wiring, and defective heads..

For some good therapy, just go fishing.. on a quiet lake or stream... and if by some unfortunate twist of luck, you run across a rude boat driver, just hold his or her head under the water for a bit... problem solved... I promise you will feel way better..

Baja
Old 08-18-2016, 05:39 PM
Elder User

1985 Bronco is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just reread the whole thread, and there is no before pictures. What did this thing look like before you stripped it completely down?

Sold: 1985 Ford Bronco
Old 08-18-2016, 08:32 PM
Posting Guru

f100today is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.f100today is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

Old Today, 09:14 AM
Elder User

highntight has a great reputation on FTE.highntight has a great reputation on FTE.highntight has a great reputation on FTE.highntight has a great reputation on FTE.
Making headway buddy.... looking awesome, I as well cut most my harness apart and used some for others, Like coil wire I ran for the fuel shut off solenoid valve. Just things like that....

72 f350 crew cab long bed cummins
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...d-cummins.html
Old Today, 09:33 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by highntight View Post
Making headway buddy.... looking awesome, I as well cut most my harness apart and used some for others, Like coil wire I ran for the fuel shut off solenoid valve. Just things like that....
Yup, I used my coil wire for that as well.