Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-25-2012, 12:11 AM
Junior User

mrjones111 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Limited Slip rear end available on Expys?

We're getting ready to buy a used 09-12 Expedition EL 4X4. I'm not seeing anything about a limited slip rear end. Was a limited slip rear available on those years? Looks like all the ELs come with 3.73s, is that correct?
Old 11-25-2012, 08:46 AM
Senior User

RI-Matt is starting off with a positive reputation.
No limited slip available on any 3rd gen (07-up) Expy's.

Yes all EL's came with 3:73's.

Matt
Old 11-25-2012, 04:34 PM
Junior User

SRT is starting off with a positive reputation.
Okay -- I'll bite.

Why is there no limited slip option on these -- or on the new ones for that matter?

Does the traction control work so well that limited slip differentials are passÚ?
Old 11-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Senior User

Yup.

Between the Traction Control, Roll Stabilty Control and AdvanceTrac systems there is no need for limited slip rears. The Expys aren't really designed for serious off roading and the electronic stuff allows for the less experienced and less responsible drivers to not worry about getting stuck.

Matt
Old 11-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Senior User

johnkn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
OP asked the exact same question two weeks ago, nothing has changed since then. Rear limited slip doesn't work with the standard traction control presently used. The limited slip would be in conflict with the traction control.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkn View Post
OP asked the exact same question two weeks ago, nothing has changed since then. Rear limited slip doesn't work with the standard traction control presently used. The limited slip would be in conflict with the traction control.
What's funny is I responded to that one too and never looked back at who asked it then. You just get used to people asking the same questions discussed in an earlier thread, either that or I must be getting old.

Matt

p.s. Expys wont have limited slip in another two weeks either.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Junior User

Yep, give me the DA award for the month. I asked the question here and I guess I thought I was on another forum at the time. Maybe it was just the excitement. I think I've found a candidate for the new to me Expy. I was an original owner with a 98. Sold it in 2005 and bought a Dodge Durango. It's been a great ride, but I'm ready to get the family something a little bigger.

I appreciate the info and I'm looking forward to getting back into an Expy, even though I wish it had at least a LS rear.

And please, feel free, I know I deserve all the crap for double posting!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:53 PM
Junior User

I did a little digging via the old 2011 Ford ordering guides and found that a limited slip rear WAS available, but only on the 17L Limo Package. That kinda sucks, doesn't it? Unless something falls through, I've about settled on the one I'm going to get. It's a 2011 XLT EL 4WD 203A with the Sport Appearance package. No limited slip of course.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:53 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator