Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Senior User

ol-blu is starting off with a positive reputation.
Diesel Powered Coolant Heater

Sourcing out either a Webasto OR Espar heater for my 2004 F250 6.0..... Webasto makes a "generic" kit for their product, but nothing vehicle specific... Has anyone on this site installed or knows how to tie into the fuel system properly??? I know that I have to tie into the Fuel system BEFORE the In-Frame pump, just don't know how to do so in a SAFE manner..... The initial lines coming from the tank to the pump are a plastic/ rubber material, can I just use a "T" type fitting (not sure what material will be Diesel safe) and tie into the feed line to the pump??

I'm afraid if I tie into the lines after the pump, either the excess fuel pressure will blow the connection apart, or the fuel pressure will damage the fuel pump/system in the Heater itself... Any ideas or tips guys???

Thanks and cheers!!!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2012, 06:55 AM
Senior User

dannyboy950 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.dannyboy950 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Not familiar with the unit. I went to their website but couldn't find a manual.
I would think they would provide a instalation kit like the Airdog Fuel system does with the necerrary hoses and fittings.

Sorry I wasn't more help.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:24 AM
Postmaster

Corner Gas is a name known to allCorner Gas is a name known to allCorner Gas is a name known to allCorner Gas is a name known to allCorner Gas is a name known to allCorner Gas is a name known to all
I saw someone had installed a wabaso on their truck, maybe try a google search.
1966 Mercury F500 Still working hard
1950 F68 Flatdeck
Old 11-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Postmaster

Rusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant future
Might be best to mod the fuel tank and install a dedicated pick-up for the unit. It could then be installed short of the bottom of the tank, preventing it from running the tank dry.
2006, King Ranch, F250, Lariat, Super Duty, Powerstroke, FX4, CC, SRW, 20in Ultra Motorsports Goliath wheels. 2in leveling kit, Husky 16K roller hitch, ScanGaugeII. Sinister coolant filter. Blue spring. BPD EGR cooler. Riffraff CAC boots w/metal cold side tube, STC update. Fumoto valves. CAT ELC. DashBoss.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Elder User

berick is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I've got an Espar unit but had the company who sold it to me do the installation. Great unit though!
'05' F350 Harley Crewcab, FS-2500 Oil Filtration System, AFE Cold Air Intake, MBRP Dual 4" Exhaust, Herd Front Bumper, Dual 10" Liteforce "Blitz" Lights, Espar Diesel Pre-Heater, Smoked Recon Led Lights, Blue-spring Upgrade, HFCM Upgraded Plug, Diamondback Rear Deck, Bilstein Leveling Kit, Bilstein Dual Stabilizer Kit, Edge Insight CTS, Strictly Diesel Fuel Pressure Adapter, Icon Adj. Pan Rod, Harpooned, Britebox, Fumoto Valves - Block, Compu-Star Remote Starter with Alarm, CCV Reroute, SCT with Matts Custom Tunes, Riff Raff Cac Boots & Aluminum Cac Tube, DC Power 270XP,
Old 11-25-2012, 08:40 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel