Sponsored by: DP Tuner

NEW AE SCAN TOOL READINGS

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 04:59 PM
tappit01
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NEW AE SCAN TOOL READINGS

well folks my new ae showed up today " thanks guys who lead me in the right direction on that" also, you can add me to the "best map" aswell. always willing to help a brother stroker. anyway, so i loaded it, entered all the info, hooked er up and done the scan. it took some time to figure it out, and i'm still trying but, i got some codes. (1) p0563 = system voltage high. (2) p0113 = intake air temp circut high out put. (3) p0500 vehical speed sencer A . (4) p0603 internal controll module, keep alive memory "kam" error
my trucks an e99 350 7.3 about 144000 miles with a few bad injectors, so she runs rough to say the least anyway . i'll be doing the sticks , tunes and gauges in about a week or so.
are these codes some thing i should worry much about, maybe a bad sencer or ? i could replace. i'm sure its been this way for awhile, i really let er go the past few years , but thats about to change. thanks for any input chris

Old 11-23-2012, 06:05 PM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
Did you clear them and see what came back?

If they are still there I would make sure your IAT sensor is plugged in.

VSS do you have any shifting issues, or speedometer "flaky" issues, or does your cruise control work? The VSS is located atop the rear differential and is about $25 to replace.

I wouldn't worry about the 603 or 563.

Also what leads you to believe you have injector issues? Did you perform a BUZZ test?

Have you taken a look at Ken's(Woodnthings) AE page, very helpful stuff there, https://sites.google.com/site/woodnt.../autoenginuity

Old 11-23-2012, 07:53 PM
tappit01
Elder User
well i just got the ae today and i'm also new at turning wrenchs on a diesel. been doing it many years on gassers. have a little trouble reading the short hand at times too, please bear with me on that.
so i'll clear the codes tomorrow since i have them recorded and run it again.
i dont no where the IAT sencer is at, or any other for that matter. so if some one could point that out.
the truck does shift hard into second most of the time, i thought that was because of the way it runs so badely.
and awhile back i put diesel fuel in my truck from a tank that used to be a home heating oil tank, we was using that old tank to transport fuel. i was told it was a clean tank , ready to go. i asked first, he lied. long story short, it had a couple inches of setiment / sludge type build up in the bottom of the tank . that went in my truck.
within a matter of hours it clogged my filter so bad the truck just slowley came to a stop on the side of the road. foot to the floor it would only idle. removed the filter and beat it on the ground, put it back . the truck would go, but it had no power to speak of. done that several times before i could get to a new filter. put in the new filter, it lasted 2 days before in was loaded up and the truck still had hardley any power. so, five fuel filters later along with dropping the tank and cleaning the foot and both round pick up screens, the truck still runs terrible. took it to a diesel shop they pluged it in to a laptop told me , two cyclinders were not firing. so, thats what leads me to believe i probily got some injector problems. also , if you drain the fuel bowl , cycle the key it fills it back up in a matter of seconds. so i'm gettimg good fuel to their.
what do you think ?

Old 11-23-2012, 07:55 PM
tappit01
Elder User
i'll be reading the book tonight to learn how to do some more testing. hopfully.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
AE tests a gjillion vehecles, they have zero documentation on how to test any of them. You need a Powertrain Control and Emission Diagnostics manual from Ford (used... try Amazon).

In the mean time, last link in my signature will get you started.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:27 PM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
The IAT sensor is located on the side of the filter box if you still have it, if not, usually tied up near the area.

Depending on how the mechanics "tested" the injectors they likely might have said #3 and #8 were bad...That can be normal with certain CPS's to throw during a CCT(Cylinder Contribution Test).

Old 11-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Watch out for the tests. You want to be careful that you have the instructions for any test. I don't know if it's possible to do a buzz test with the engine running... but that would be a train wreck. Clearing codes with the engine running can startle you... I avoid that because I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:51 PM
sand_fiend
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There may be a good chance that your UVCH are bad or almost un plugged. That happens on these motors. (under valve cover harness.)

The valve cover gaskets have plugs on both sides of them, inside and out so the wires from the glow plugs and injectors can pass through. They do come lose. sometimes you can just plug them back in and sometimes when they come lose, the not connected connection will burn the pins on the valve cover plugs.

There is a mod called the 50cent mod to help fix this if that's the problem.

a buzz test will tell you if your injectors are working or not. if you don't hear them then its a good chance they are coming unplugged.
It is not uncommon for most tests to say injector 8 is bad. its something to do with the way its made im told. I don't know much about it but im sure someone will chime in on this..

Old 11-23-2012, 11:43 PM
tappit01
Elder User
Originally Posted by Tugly
Watch out for the tests. You want to be careful that you have the instructions for any test. I don't know if it's possible to do a buzz test with the engine running... but that would be a train wreck. Clearing codes with the engine running can startle you... I avoid that because I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing.
thanks tug, i hear ya, those would be bad. i been readin so much on their i think my eyes are gonna bleed. thanks again

Old 11-23-2012, 11:48 PM
tappit01
Elder User
Originally Posted by sand_fiend
There may be a good chance that your UVCH are bad or almost un plugged. That happens on these motors. (under valve cover harness.)

The valve cover gaskets have plugs on both sides of them, inside and out so the wires from the glow plugs and injectors can pass through. They do come lose. sometimes you can just plug them back in and sometimes when they come lose, the not connected connection will burn the pins on the valve cover plugs.

There is a mod called the 50cent mod to help fix this if that's the problem.

a buzz test will tell you if your injectors are working or not. if you don't hear them then its a good chance they are coming unplugged.
It is not uncommon for most tests to say injector 8 is bad. its something to do with the way its made im told. I don't know much about it but im sure someone will chime in on this..
thanks sand_feind, i just got my ae so i'm gonna run some test and pull the vc to have a look around before i get crazy. thanks again