Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > West Virginia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

West Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Archion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2012, 12:37 PM
Elder User

EMD_DRIVER is starting off with a positive reputation.
I lost my wife and we lost a member..

I haven't spent much time on here, but I have a good reason. A few years ago, kanyonkitty posted about needing tires. I saw by her profile, that she was fairly close to me. I posted and PM'd her, offering to help. She was really big into RVing and I had just bought a travel trailer. She offered to meet up and help me get it into camping condition.

The friendship we developed, quickly turned into a relationship. We had even moved in together, in 2010. She had always told me that she had no interest in getting married and I respected that. Last year on her birthday, she was very depressed. Her father had died on her birthday. I had already bought a ring and asked her to marry me. I wanted to give her a happy memory, for her birthday. She still did not want to get married, but she was cool with just being engaged. I could tell that her thoughts towards marriage were changing.

In late August/early September 2011, she was diagnosed with liver cancer. We were determined to fight it. This past summer, she changed her mind about getting married. We planned a small ceremony and put everything together, to fit between her chemo treatments and when she would be up to it. We planned everything, put it together and were married in two weeks time. We were married on August 18, 2012. On September 1st, they changed the type of chemo she got. The new chemo destroyed her immune system. That led to a massive infection being able to put her in the hospital. They pumped her with antibiotics for four days. The antibiotics fed the cancer and it grew incredibly fast. By the time she got out of the hospital, her liver had already begun shutting down.

On November 2nd, she was no longer able to take care of herself. We decided to call Hospice in and the railroad laid me off, to be able to care for her. She went downhill fast and finally succumbed on 11/12/12. I was able to spend her last ten days by her side and was with her, as she went to Heaven. When her heart stopped beating, she got a big smile on her face.

The last week has been very hard. I've had to go from taking care of her and still working, to being alone. I really miss her, but I know she is in a much better place now. I wish I could have had more than 87 days as her husband, but it was her time.

Here is a picture of my bride, on our wedding day..

Click the image to open in full size.
*03 Sunline Solaris F-344SR fifth wheel
Old 11-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Such a heartbreaking story. May you find peace & comfort in your memories of good times shared.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09

Last edited by SteveBricks; 11-21-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:20 PM

megawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputation
With tears I want to offer you my deepest sympathies......Godspeed to her may the heavens shine brighter tonight.
01 F350 DRW, Autometer Gauges, Custom CAI with Petes Cover, 6" Miter Stacks, 38R Turbo, Casserly SS Injectors, Live tuned by DP-Tuner (F6) , and a bunch of other stuff some show, and some go. PAA #14
www.roadsidehelpnetwork.org
RIP Robin Gone but not forgotten....RIP Mark.. I'll never forget you!!
Old 11-21-2012, 05:47 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Wow....I do not have the words to express my sorrow and condolences for your loss.

While it was short, you were very blessed with her by your side.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 11-21-2012, 06:01 PM
Postmaster

Pitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud of
I am very sorry for your loss and my thoughts and prayers go out to you.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
Life is far to short, your chance to spend the time with her was also to short....her memories will last forever in your mind...and that is the best you can take of this.

So very sad for you and her family...
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....

Last edited by IB Tim; 11-21-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:51 PM
Postmaster

1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold
Oh man I'm very sorry to hear that. I offer you my sincere condolences.

I remember it well when she joined up asking for help and you quickly offered to help her out.

Hang tough brother.

Click - My Super Duty Tech Articles
1975 Baja Bronco Project
1984 Ranger 4x4 R.I.P Nov 2007
Old 11-22-2012, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator

monsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputation
Such a sad story and my heart goes out to you. you have the memories and She gave you a wife even if only for a short time.

RIP Steve Bricks. FTE will not be teh same.

Will be forever glad to have had the privilage to shake your hand and BS in person.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:17 AM
Post Fiend

msgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to behold
WOW! My heart goes out to you! As you put it, it's a tough memory but for the one you love to be pain free trumps tough memories. It takes a tough man to go through what you've endured...my hat is off to you.

I still remember when both of you signed up. It was fun to watch the interaction on the site...so I know it had to be even better 'live and in person'!

We'll miss her...

Stout Hearts Brother!

Joe

We live in the Land Of The Free...BECAUSE of the Brave! My humble thanks to all Veterans, past and present
Old 11-22-2012, 07:35 AM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
Please accept my condolences on your loss. Good thoughts for kanyonkitty on the journey she has undertaken. Good thoughts also for those loved ones left behind. Cherish your memories!!!

RIP...Hannah...affectionately known as Cujo...7/7/00-8/9/14.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:43 AM
PA Chapter LDR

Oldtrucknut7077 has a superb reputationOldtrucknut7077 has a superb reputationOldtrucknut7077 has a superb reputationOldtrucknut7077 has a superb reputationOldtrucknut7077 has a superb reputationOldtrucknut7077 has a superb reputationOldtrucknut7077 has a superb reputationOldtrucknut7077 has a superb reputationOldtrucknut7077 has a superb reputationOldtrucknut7077 has a superb reputationOldtrucknut7077 has a superb reputation
I'm sorry for your loss, may you find peace and comfort thru this difficult time.

I commend you on being there and being supportive thru all of the challenges and rough times. Thank you for sharing your story...

SCOTT

06 F250 SUPER DUTY XLT Crew Cab, 6.8L., 4" Rancho Lift, Eagle Alloy 186 rims, 315/17 tires, K&N CAI!

SteveBricks - Damn good man, friend, brother taken too damn soon.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:30 AM
Posting Guru

5_labsownus has a good reputation on FTE.5_labsownus has a good reputation on FTE.5_labsownus has a good reputation on FTE.
As I type with tears in my eyes, I would like to say how sorry I am for your loss.
But I would still like to say:

Happy Thanksgiving and may it be filled with friends, family, fun, good food and great memories. Praise God for the blessings he gives us.

Rod

This is my RCA dog look!
Old 11-24-2012, 05:04 PM

46fordtruck has a great reputation on FTE.46fordtruck has a great reputation on FTE.46fordtruck has a great reputation on FTE.46fordtruck has a great reputation on FTE.46fordtruck has a great reputation on FTE.
This is such a heart breaking story. Cherish and hold in your heart the precious time you had with her. My thoughts and well wishes to out to you.
plus a handful of other Fords

'42-'47 collector and aficionado
Old 11-24-2012, 09:11 PM
NY CHAPTER LDR

tiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputation
My sincere condolences in your loss.
Official #2 Slackmaster & Pyroslacker Extraordinaire

To Join The NEW YORK CHAPTER CLICK HERE

R.I.P. Steve, SteveBricks, you were a friend and will be greatly missed.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:38 AM
SPONSOR

AirLiftCompany has a great reputation on FTE.AirLiftCompany has a great reputation on FTE.AirLiftCompany has a great reputation on FTE.AirLiftCompany has a great reputation on FTE.AirLiftCompany has a great reputation on FTE.
AirLiftCompany AirLiftCompany
Very sad man, sorry for your loss. Keep your head up and remember all the great times. Life moves way faster than we can imagine.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:38 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > West Virginia Chapter