I just bought a new 2012 expedition to replace my 2006 expedition. I love the new one. I am amazed how different from my 2006 it is.
I am in NY, i bought it from a dealer in Texas, Holiday Ford. I got an amazing deal. They took 30% off sticker, and charged me $1000 to deliver to NYC.
Does anyone know how to turn off the courtesy lights that come on when i open the doors, turn off the car, or unlock the doors? I do not like the parking lights and instrument lights coming on, those bulbs will wear out quickly.
You may perform the following power door lock sequence to
enable/disable the perimeter lamps feature.
Note: Before starting, ensure the ignition is in the 1 (LOCK) position and all vehicle doors are closed.
You must complete Steps 1–5 within 30 seconds or the procedure will
have to be repeated. If the procedure needs to be repeated, wait a
minimum of 30 seconds before beginning again.
1. The ignition must be OFF to
begin the sequence.
2. Place the key in the ignition and
turn the ignition to the 3 (RUN)
3. Press the power door unlock
control on the door panel three
4. Turn the ignition from the 3
(RUN) position to the 1 (LOCK) position.
5. Press the power door unlock control on the door panel three times.
6. Turn the ignition back to the 3 (RUN) position. The horn will chirp
one time to confirm programming mode has been entered and is active.
7. Press the power door unlock control twice within 5 seconds. Note:
The horn will chirp once to indicate the perimeter lighting feature has
been deactivated. The horn will chirp once and honk once (one short
and one long) to indicate the perimeter lighting feature has been
8. Turn the ignition to the 1 (LOCK) position to exit the procedure.
Note: The horn will chirp once to confirm the procedure is complete.