1968-Present E-Series Van/Cutaway/Chassis Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

Stavi's E-150 Econoline Project...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Stavi
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stavi's E-150 Econoline Project...

Ugh. Don't you hate it when people join a forum and start posting like they belong there.... but you don't have the faintest idea who they are?

Me too.

About Me:

Years ago I went from managing retail stores and started a lawn care/handyman service. I love working outdoors and with my hands. One day, I wasn't paying attention. The lawn mower was running. Fingers meet blade- blade wins. Sold business and started using business management background to work with small businesses primarily doing internet marketing.

I worked with a group who had a van, they traded me the van for the work I did for them. Wife wouldn't let me sell the van because it's too useful for church so I've decided to make the most of it.

Here's what I have so far:

[center]

Notes:

Wife was driving the van, ran into a house, which is why the front bumper needs to be replaced.

LOVE the 31x10.5x15 tires! I did move the front bumper out about an inch or so, the only rubbing is on the driver's side once in a great great while under heavy use. Other than that, not a problem.

I added the roof racks thinking that I was going to add a basket, but it looked too small so I'm still playing with that idea. This is the one I have now...

Added a Mini-bar up top, but realized that because of the roof curve, it really can't be seen well from behind.

Goals:

Replace the front bumper
Lift the van close to 2 inches
Light bar in front of grille
Basket up top
Ladder (I like a side mount but rear mount is probably better)

Wish List:

Universal Mount Black Powder Coat Aluminum Van Ladder
SKU #: 1JA 367897 Mfr #: 103B

Roof Rack (but not this one! too much money for me!!!!!!!)

Maybe something like this with a heavy metal screen floor.

Or this one instead...
Outback Basket by Warrior Products 60" x 80" x 4"One-piece welded
Source Link #2

Weather Tech Mats

Can't decide, though the orange is my favorite version so far.

Some other lighting ideas:

WARN Universal Light Bar $200

Just stopped by to see if there were any responses to this thread- note to self: take a little time to get the feel of a forum before throwing money at it.