Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 01:14 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by garryk6
V's and mod B's, leveling kit, F350 rear block
Landyotts
Leveling kit? Not sure I understand why you wanna do a leveling kit when you're swapping springs out and you can adjust the rear height as you need.

You have a line on a used set of Landyot Radius Rods?

Originally Posted by AzSuperDuty
Whipple actually makes a kit or the PO fabricate one himself? Does it fit under the stock hood?
Whipple and Kenne Bell both mad kits for the V10. Now neither do.

Stewart

Old 12-08-2012, 01:31 AM
garryk6
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
Leveling kit? Not sure I understand why you wanna do a leveling kit when you're swapping springs out and you can adjust the rear height as you need.

You have a line on a used set of Landyot Radius Rods?

Whipple and Kenne Bell both mad kits for the V10. Now neither do.

Stewart
I plan on setting up my new Excursion like my previous. I did my mod B right after Caryt did his the first time. I also added the F350 block, I did this with F350 front springs that I later added a leveling kit. The whole process netted me 3.5 to 3.75 inches of lift on my 05 diesel. At the time I had already ordered a set of Landyotts, and a 33mm sway bar.

Before I get rid of my 05, I will be removing the Landyotts. I have a set of F350 springs, but still need to order up the 4inch blocks, a leveling kit and all the U-bolts as well as shocks.

Can anyone clue me in to the length of ubolts I need for the mod b's with a true 4 inch block? I don't feel like laying in the snow and ice and measuring the old 05 Ex...

Garry

Old 12-08-2012, 09:26 AM
ufvj217
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan
After checking out the Anchorage CL, y'all have some cherry looking Excursions up there for sale right now.

I also LOL'd at a few of the ads too. The best I think was an Excursion with an "Eat moose" bumper sticker.
this ones pretty cool, AK you should buy this. a 1993 excursion!

this guy is all kinds of confused lol

Ford Excursion Runs Excellent

Old 12-08-2012, 10:15 AM
AzSuperDuty
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We should see about a group buy for S/Cs on the X.
See if we can interest a Whipple crowd to revisit it. They don't have any real engineering costs since they've already done the kit before.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by AzSuperDuty
We should see about a group buy for S/Cs on the X.
See if we can interest a Whipple crowd to revisit it. They don't have any real engineering costs since they've already done the kit before.
Good gravy please no!

You'll make me go out and buy a V10 F250 just to get in on the supercharger GB!

Stewart

Old 12-08-2012, 10:43 PM
garryk6
Laughing Gas
If you drive a v10, I would wholeheartedly endorse the Whipple supercharger. The only thing that tells you that it's there is when you hit the go pedal, you GO!!!
It is pretty smooth power, but as the boost builds, the power does too!!!!
Garry

Old 12-10-2012, 05:29 PM
jayz66ragtop
Junior User
I have been talking to Whipple, and they have discontinued the v10 kit. They may consider building a kit but it would come at a custom price....

Garry
I think any manufacturer that made kits for the Ford V10 have been discontinued. At one time all of these made a kit:

• Vortec
  • Kenny Bell
  • Whipple
Those are the ones I know of and think Paxton made one as well. I know you can still get parts for the Vortec kit as late as last year but not 100% about currently as their staff has failed to respond to my emails.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:34 PM
jayz66ragtop
Junior User
If you drive a v10, I would wholeheartedly endorse the Whipple supercharger. The only thing that tells you that it's there is when you hit the go pedal, you GO!!!
It is pretty smooth power, but as the boost builds, the power does too!!!!
Garry
and the sucking sound... Not from the supercharger but from your wallet because once you drive it for a bit you'll be on it all the time.

just remember, these guys REQUIRE premium fuel. So 8-12 MPG and premium fuel sobers you up pretty fast. Hahahaha Who am I fooling, they are a blast to drive.

On edit: Don't take my comments too hard as I have a SC on mine as well so I speak from experience.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:40 PM
garryk6
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by jayz66ragtop
and the sucking sound... Not from the supercharger but from your wallet because once you drive it for a bit you'll be on it all the time.

just remember, these guys REQUIRE premium fuel. So 8-12 MPG and premium fuel sobers you up pretty fast. Hahahaha Who am I fooling, they are a blast to drive.

On edit: Don't take my comments too hard as I have a SC on mine as well so I speak from experience.
I understand totally. I have been averaging 12 mpg on the last tank, and alot of that time has been in 4 Hi. And there have been plenty of stompin on the GO pedal too. I have been running premium, but have also added octane boost, since we can only get 90 octane here on the island... grrr

Now if I could just retrofit a Lightning 5.4 in my 5.4 F350.... ;-)

Garry

Old 12-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Now if I could just retrofit a Lightning 5.4 in my 5.4 F350.... ;-)

Garry
Retrofit?

There's a ton of room under the hood. Plopping one in there wouldn't be a problem what-so-ever.

Stewart

Old 12-11-2012, 01:32 AM
garryk6
Laughing Gas
Retrofit?

There's a ton of room under the hood. Plopping one in there wouldn't be a problem what-so-ever.

Stewart
That thought of supercharging my F350 is what led me to jump at the chance of the supercharged excursion. One of my thoughts has been to find a wrecked lightning or Harley F150, and swap over all the necessary parts onto my low mile F350. But to my knowledge there was never an option for a manual transmission Harley or Lightning. What brain would I have to use to keep my ZF-6 with a supercharged 5.4? It is probably a pipe dream since my wife already thinks I'm a lot nuts... 3 Excursions and an F350.... But hopefully soon, I can get the 2005 diesel Excursion up for sale, and hopefully sold...
only 36,500 miles!
Garry in AK

Old 12-11-2012, 01:38 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
But to my knowledge there was never an option for a manual transmission Harley or Lightning.
Ah, manual trans, now I understand. I shoulda looked at your sig.

No, there was never a manual trans in the Gen 2 L's or HD trucks. They all came with the 4R100.

What brain would I have to use to keep my ZF-6 with a supercharged 5.4?
Dunno if it can be done. Dunno if something like that can be retro-fitted for the 5.4L supercharged engine.

Stewart

Old 12-11-2012, 04:45 AM
VQT
Posting Guru
Can anyone clue me in to the length of ubolts I need for the mod b's with a true 4 inch block? I don't feel like laying in the snow and ice and measuring the old 05 Ex...Garry
I bought these blocks:
F81Z*5598*FA $63.88
F81Z*5598*GA $61.02
U-Bolts:
F81Z*5705*ZA $19.32 Each need 4

The bolts are long enough for mod B and blocks above. I believed my block are 3.5" taper

Old 12-11-2012, 12:17 PM
maExcursion
New User
OK....so I was just dreaming about supercharging the Ex so I deceided to check out eBay....my wife would kill me if I spent $1K+ on the Ex right now, so hopefully one of you out there might pick up this supercharger and let us drool over your Ex...
Ford Excursion F250 V10 6 8 Whipple 2 3 Supercharger | eBay

Old 12-11-2012, 01:14 PM
AzSuperDuty
Senior User
Ah, manual trans, now I understand. I shoulda looked at your sig.

No, there was never a manual trans in the Gen 2 L's or HD trucks. They all came with the 4R100.

Dunno if it can be done. Dunno if something like that can be retro-fitted for the 5.4L supercharged engine.

Stewart
Trilogy

Check the link above.

I've S/C'd three different cars. Miata, Challenger and Marauder. The kit for the Marauder came from Trilogy. Best kit design and install directions by far. Jerry Barnes (Trilogy Owner) is top drawer. Regular joe who digs cars and really understands taking care of the customer.

I don't think having a manual transmission is a problem at all. It would be more complex trying to do a S/C on a manual trans ECM in an automatic application than vice versa.

Anyway... check out Jerry and see. I know he has the 150 kit and I've seen it on a 4WHD F150. Thing hauled azz!

Quick Reply: Supercharged V10 Excursion