Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Elder User

garryk6 is a name known to allgarryk6 is a name known to allgarryk6 is a name known to allgarryk6 is a name known to allgarryk6 is a name known to allgarryk6 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylus View Post
I like the DIY traction bar. only 1 or both sides?
These are "Land-Yot's" designed traction bars. they were the Gen IV weld-on version. He no longer makes them. If you search the Excursion portion of this site, you will see a Thread that I did on these bars, and what they look like disassembled so you could see how to make your own.

Hope this helps, and yes, they are on both sides of the truck.

Garry
2000 Excursion 6.8 4x4 Limited. Stock for now...
1932 Ford "Model B" Pick-up (wtg for restoration)
Old 11-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Elder User

garryk6 is a name known to allgarryk6 is a name known to allgarryk6 is a name known to allgarryk6 is a name known to allgarryk6 is a name known to allgarryk6 is a name known to all
Latest work to the 00 Ex...

New Front Diff-Cover

Click the image to open in full size.

New Rear Diff Cover

My Rear was leaking, and was very black, so it was good to get this done before winter. Front didn't look too bad, but the cover was very rusted and scaled up, so the new cover really dressed things up!

Nice to have full coverage!

I think I need to to adjust this one, as it may be hanging a bit off kilter...

Hope you enjoyed!

Garry
Old 11-12-2013, 10:08 PM
MMNC (SS)

Tylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputation
nice new shiny covers. I keep hoping to score a shiny new 08+ style cover. one day
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk6 View Post
These are "Land-Yot's" designed traction bars. they were the Gen IV weld-on version. He no longer makes them. If you search the Excursion portion of this site, you will see a Thread that I did on these bars, and what they look like disassembled so you could see how to make your own.

Hope this helps, and yes, they are on both sides of the truck.

Garry
do you have a link? I searched the entire FTE site using your username and cannot find the post
Old 11-12-2013, 10:31 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylus View Post
do you have a link? I searched the entire FTE site using your username and cannot find the post
Here ya go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk6 View Post
So I finally got the LandYots off my 05, so here they are!

This is the tubing back to the all-thread

This is the overall length from the aft side of the pivot tube. It is the length of the tube and allthread.

Front plate is 2.5" square with hole in center for all thread.

The side plates are slanted and angled with the longer edge at 5" and the shorter at 4 3/4" with the shortest radius at 4.5". The sides are also 2.5" tall. The radius and ubolts are for a 3.5" diameter axle tube. The tube sleeves for the ubolts are 1.5" long. The spread between the ubolts is 5".

The reinforcing plate is 2.5" at the front plate and about 4 1/4" at the rear towards the ubolts.

The rubber bushings are 2" diameter.

The all thread is 3/4"

Bottom of axle bracket.

Top of axle bracket.

Pivot bolts are 1/2" diameter and 6" long.

These are the plates that are welded to front spring bracket. Since I am going to 5" blocks on the new Ex, I'm going to make new longer pivot bolt plates.

Here is the "Slapper bar" that needs to be cut off when mounting LandYots.

Here is the pivot plates when welded to the Ex spring bracket.

Here is the LandYot mounted to the rear axle with F350 rear blocks.

Let me know if there are any other questions!

Garry in AK
Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 11-12-2013, 11:07 PM
MMNC (SS)

Tylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputation
thanks Steward!
Old 11-12-2013, 11:15 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
You are more than welcome, Tucker.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 11-12-2013, 11:30 PM
MMNC (SS)

I lol'd out loud just then
Old 11-12-2013, 11:48 PM
Elder User

Thanks for having my back Stewart!

Tylus, let me know if you need any more info. With them on the supercharged Ex, it eliminated the Axle wrap I was having when you combine big horsepower with big rubber and with 4.30 gears and 5" blocks. And when driving over washboard gravel roads and potholes, it actually steers straight, and the loosy goosy feeling is all but eliminated.
How this helps!

Garry
Old 11-13-2013, 02:25 AM
Posting Guru

kornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant future
kornfanjoe kornfanjoe
those rods dont look very hard to make with some patience. i am curious as to why there are the rubber bushings to isolate the two halves when most are one solid piece. i would assume this would allow more acle wrap flex and twisting??

Bulletproofed, emissions defiant, 4" turbo back cat delete, edge insight gauges, srl+ tune, F650 dash, blue interior dash light conversion, bumper bar, big stereo and a whole lot of awesome
Dyno'd at 407 RWHP 802 RWTQ!
Old 11-13-2013, 02:29 AM
MMNC (SS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornfanjoe View Post
those rods dont look very hard to make with some patience. i am curious as to why there are the rubber bushings to isolate the two halves when most are one solid piece. i would assume this would allow more acle wrap flex and twisting??
it's almost an identical copy of the 84-96 F series front axle radius arms rear bushings. matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that is what was used

that system works great to allow articulation, but keep the axle planted fore/aft.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:42 AM
Junior User

Wilmax is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Somewhere on this thread I posted a way I would make them that would be much better than the Landyot ones. I even included part numbers and describion of parts I would use.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:49 AM
Junior User

Wilmax is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'm sorry it was not in this thread I believe it was in one of the "WANDERING" threads.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:49 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Tags
6.8, excursion, f350, supercharged, supercharger, v10