Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2003, 07:14 AM
Posting Guru

Steve_Uzi is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lightbulb Hello, I am Steve

Hello All,

I wanted to introduce myself, so here goes:

35 year old guy who works in Boston as an Engineer and Lives in Somerville.

I currently own 3 Ford Trucks

Pride and Joy: 1984 Bronco XLT, 160K miles - Truck came from Cali back in 2000 and has seen 2 new england winters and still has NO RUST!. It has a mildly built 460 in there etc. C-6 auto w/aod 1st/2nd gear set. 2.5" dual exhaust etc...

Beater: 1986 Bronco Eddie Bauer - 200k miles - RUST BUCKET! (spent its whole life in newengland) 351W-HO, Mini-spooled 9" rear w/3.50's. The truck has been gutted, doors off, no tail gate, no interior - except front seats and steering wheel . Plans to top mount the gas tank, bob the rear end 6", add 33" Swamper TSL's, 12 point roll cage, etc

Oldie: 1970 F-100 Sport Custom LWB 2wd pickup - I AM PARTING THIS TRUCK OUT! I has 1 year old front end ( new bushings and new kingpins - bushed bronze not that plastic crap), 1 year old Power steering gear box! ($100 and it is yours!) Factory sliding rear window, C-6 Automatic (behind a 360), 360/390 edelbrock aluminum intake, Good Radiator and custom sheet metal fan shroud. etc.

-Steve
Old 05-22-2003, 01:57 PM
Elder User

Chas1234 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hello, I am Steve

HEy Steve welcome to FTE !
You have a nice selection of trucks -hopefully we will have a new england meet shortly!
Old 05-22-2003, 02:02 PM
Posting Guru

Hello, I am Steve

Hey John,

Thanks, though I have been around FTE for a few years now... just found this section A meet sounds fun!
Old 05-22-2003, 09:06 PM
Senior User

bigblue250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hello, I am Steve

Hey Steve, John here I worked in boston for a while as an Ironworker Local#7. What kind of shape is the engine in the 70 in??? I am interestred thanks.
Old 05-23-2003, 06:16 AM
Posting Guru

Hello, I am Steve

Well, the 360 engine is a bit tired, but luckily enough for you.. I have a 390 which I bought a year ago that has only 30,000 on it after being rebuilt. The engine is for sale as well! It has a factory 4 bbl intake on it. The guy I bought it from "told" me it ran fine, It has good compression (I did it manuallly!), I also have some new parts for that like a new Truck oil pan, new pump, timing chain set, and the gaskets.

Let me know if you are interested in that....

email me directly at snowwmaNo Email Addresses In Posts!)
Old 06-03-2003, 09:42 PM
New User

Ernie'47 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hello, I am Steve

Hi Guys, I'm Ernie. I live in Billerica. I'm a firefighter in Chelsea and have been driving fords since 1969.

My first Ford was a '57 Country Sedan Station Wagon which was a blast throughout high-school till I totaled it.

My next one was a '62 Falcon with 2 speed auto and a 160ci 6cyl engine (wish I had that one now $$$)

My first brand new Ford was a '73 Gran Torino

My first Ford truck was a '90 F-150

I now drive a 94 Explorer Sport with a 5 speed stick

And I just bought a 1947 Ford 3/4 ton Pickup that my son and I will be restoring over the next few months, so if any of you guys see a '42-'47 pickup being parted out I'd appreciate a shout. I especially need a new bed, tailgate, rear fenders and running boards.

Guess I agree with your philosophy Steve... real trucks ARE built!

Hope we can have it finished in time for the meet.
Old 06-21-2003, 05:51 AM
New User

hillson is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking Hello, I am Steve

Hidey-ho!

My name is also Steve, and I'm a paramedic in Boston. I've got a stock 1996 Bronco XLT 302, which I've just decided to keep, rather than trade in for a Ranger.

I'm also beginning to think about...upgrading the thing. This is the first forum I've found that actually has useful info for late model Broncos. Woohoo!

-me
Old 06-22-2003, 07:04 PM
Elder User

Chas1234 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hello, I am Steve

Welcome aboard Steve - there is pleanty of information on this site about your bronco and its 302 !
I hope you are able to find / get all the help you need .
Once again welcome!
Old 06-22-2003, 07:04 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter