Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: GruesomeJeans

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-15-2012, 02:29 AM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
Where did everybody go ?

Inquiring Minds Want To Know
You better not be dead and if you are that is
not a good excuse for not posting that fact.

Anyway Turkey day is coming. What's planed?
In my case nothing..... Or maybe a good Rib Eye roast

Get a 4~6 Lb Rib Eye bone in and then rub a bit of olive oil
on it apply cracked black pepper be heavy with it. Then you need
an aluminum foil pan about 2Lb of kosher salt damp the salt so it sticks
place about 1" on the pan bottom and place the roast bone down fat up
in the pan put you meat thermometer in pack the rest of the salt around
the roast and place in over at 425F cool till the inside temp reaches
the doneness you like. Enjoy
And no it not that salty you remove it as a hard shell But it keeps
the moisture in the roast.
Just one of the many Recipes can found here
Salt Encrusted Ribeye Roast
Salt Encrusted Ribeye Roast Recipe - CooksRecipes.com
or this one
Texas Beef Council - Recipe Book - Special Entertaining - Salt Encrusted Ribeye Roast

Damm I just made myself very hungry.

Sean
6.0l Forum Map : Ask me About It
Old 11-17-2012, 01:34 AM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
pages/Bronco-Nation/333812929968547 GruesomeJeans
Welp i got dinner with the family, brother and step-brother will probably be there. Then later that night i have to work since the next day is black friday, i have to help make coffees for the rush of people sitting outside the stores. At least i get payed more for it. Then friday i think is a sleep in day or something and saturday, as you know, is the big meet in everett. Other than that i don't got much
Visit Washington Chapter HERE!

Washington Member Map
Old 11-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Elder User

Behemoth has a very good reputation on FTE.Behemoth has a very good reputation on FTE.Behemoth has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
Inquiring Minds Want To Know
You better not be dead and if you are that is
not a good excuse for not posting that fact.

Anyway Turkey day is coming. What's planed?
In my case nothing..... Or maybe a good Rib Eye roast
Ok, maybe I'm a little slow here, but if you're going to actually call it Turkey Day, and STILL say you're going to cook a rib eye roast....that's just odd. That's like dressing up a lizard, and telling your kids it's the Easter Bunny.

Don't get me wrong......gotta love a good rib eye roast, but isn't the point of "Turkey Day" food to have a turkey? I do the rib eye roast for Christmas, instead, and have turkey on Turkey Day.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:21 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Ok, maybe I'm a little slow here, but if you're going to actually call it Turkey Day, and STILL say you're going to cook a rib eye roast....that's just odd. That's like dressing up a lizard, and telling your kids it's the Easter Bunny.

Don't get me wrong......gotta love a good rib eye roast, but isn't the point of "Turkey Day" food to have a turkey? I do the rib eye roast for Christmas, instead, and have turkey on Turkey Day.
I am totally doing this if i have kids some day... Thats awesome. On the turkey note, sometimes i wish i could have something else but my family has turkey. I think i would prefer a nice glazed ham or something. I love ham.

Washington Member Map
Old 11-20-2012, 01:33 AM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
I could go for a nice Glazed Easter lizard.
But really the thing is I was going to be here by myself and it is
less problems to make some rib eye then a turkey and all the
trimmings. Because there are so many leftovers with the turkey.

Sean
Old 11-20-2012, 03:27 AM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
I could go for a nice Glazed Easter lizard.
But really the thing is I was going to be here by myself and it is
less problems to make some rib eye then a turkey and all the
trimmings. Because there are so many leftovers with the turkey.

Sean
That's true and a good point but, why alone? No family or anything in the state?

Washington Member Map
Old 11-20-2012, 05:07 AM
Post Fiend

One of the times I just want to be off by my self.

Sean
Old 11-20-2012, 08:18 AM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

I see, well thats cool too i guess. You get a whole Pumpkin Pie to yourself that way

Washington Member Map
Old 11-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Posting Guru

caseys has a good reputation on FTE.caseys has a good reputation on FTE.
Furnace after 20 years went TU yesterday ... today set up to replace on Friday, loaned us a few space heaters, at least turkey day at the in-laws. Then just over a week from now heading out of town to do some Christmas shopping with the daughters while mom takes care of her mom. Gonna be an expensive end of the year for 2012 ... just sayin'.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. ~ Ancient
Old 11-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Posting Guru

jgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to all
Jameson Gavac jagg007
I'm still alive.... I just have more school work than I know what to do with

We've been doing turkey as long as I've been alive. Last year we tried one of those Turducken's (turkey stuffed with a duck stuffed with a hen). That was really disappointing. I voted to have duck this year, but damn it so expensive. Oh well maybe net year

Jameson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIO Silver View Post
Thanks for the myopic criticism Montana. You're bundle of joy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77&79F250 View Post
Whiskey does not agree with me, and Mr. Daniels is always getting me in trouble
Old 11-23-2012, 05:40 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgavac View Post
I'm still alive.... I just have more school work than I know what to do with

We've been doing turkey as long as I've been alive. Last year we tried one of those Turducken's (turkey stuffed with a duck stuffed with a hen). That was really disappointing. I voted to have duck this year, but damn it so expensive. Oh well maybe net year

Jameson
I had our usual Turkey and sides but a friend of mine wasn't so lucky. He had hot pockets and some corn dogs...

Washington Member Map
Old 11-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Post Fiend

Not so lucky? He got food. Some people out there don't get
to eat. Some by there own choices and others no so much.
You don't even have to step out of the US to find them.

Sean
Old 11-23-2012, 07:10 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

Yeah i know that, but this kid, it wasn't his choice. His mother is a whack job and says she wants a family dinner but eats soup before then isn't hungry for dinner. He works at a Target store and loves his job but his mother tells him to find something better and that he doesn't like what he is doing. He also has to pay $400 in rent so he is having a hard time saving money to move out.

I get that there are kids who CAN'T eat for thanksgiving. It isn't that my friend can't it is that his mom just is messed up.

Washington Member Map
Old 11-24-2012, 11:38 AM

Snowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputation
Have driven over 1,000 miles in the last six days,,, feels like I'm on the road again!! lol

Lost a family member last Sunday,,, so dealing with that as well as the Holiday. Sure put a damper on things.

Hope you guys had a good one!!
Official Slackmaster #24 ~ Zombie Survivalist Extraordinaire
Proud owner of ~ 2002 F-250 SD PSD 6spd ~ 1996 F-350 PSD SC ~ 1984 VW Rabbit Diesel
Old 11-24-2012, 02:38 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

I'm sorry to hear that. hopefully your Xmas will be better...
Old 11-24-2012, 02:38 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter