1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Nik's 97 350 build thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 05:02 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've been too busy to be on the forums the past week but it looks like you have some awesome work done to your excursion. I didn't read through much of the thread yet because I have to head out soon so I'll go back and see more of the work!

I'm finally going to send your chip out to get it reburned for my stage 1s as well! I just have to get the right address to send it! I think it's a Georgia one but I want to make sure I send it to the right place! Sending it off to the wrong place would be bad news.

Old 07-23-2016, 09:11 AM
nossliw
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bubba Jones
I've been too busy to be on the forums the past week but it looks like you have some awesome work done to your excursion. I didn't read through much of the thread yet because I have to head out soon so I'll go back and see more of the work!

I'm finally going to send your chip out to get it reburned for my stage 1s as well! I just have to get the right address to send it! I think it's a Georgia one but I want to make sure I send it to the right place! Sending it off to the wrong place would be bad news.
Right on, go on their website and print out the chip reburn form as well. Address is on the form. You will be very happy when you get it in!

I'd see if they'd upgrade you to an f6...

Old 07-23-2016, 09:25 AM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Todd your house is looking pretty good. Personally I would have to pay someone to do it cause it would be one of those 5 year projects that someone gets paid to finish lol.

Nik I remember talking to a bodyman about satin black and his said the john deere stuff is the way to go. Looks good, easy to work with, and is very durable. Only problem is its pricey. But you get what you pay for

Old 07-23-2016, 12:59 PM
nossliw
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by MOOSE_MACHINE
Todd your house is looking pretty good. Personally I would have to pay someone to do it cause it would be one of those 5 year projects that someone gets paid to finish lol.

Nik I remember talking to a bodyman about satin black and his said the john deere stuff is the way to go. Looks good, easy to work with, and is very durable. Only problem is its pricey. But you get what you pay for
Funny you say that I have the exact paint satin black in the shop. I shot a bike with it and it turned out awesome. We are just getting it on a dealer for now till we re scuff snd shoot base and clear. I used it to paint a few hoods as well. Superb turnout, but really doesn't cost much more than average

Old 07-23-2016, 08:41 PM
tshrager
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Nick and fellas. It was a giant PITA. It's what I do for a living so, tough to work 50+ hours a week then come home and do 5-6hrs a night and all weekend. The only thing we paid to have done was a new AC unit, the roof as its massive with the shop, and the finish drywall work. I hung it and could have finished it, but these guys had it mudded and sanded in 3 days. No way I would've come close to that timeframe.

Old 08-05-2016, 02:44 PM
nossliw
Cargo Master
Well I wanted to add this link into this thread https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post16475747

Lost a few components so in the end it was a new pump, selector, switch, and 38 gal rear tank for black n blu.

I will say driving the x this week instead of the truck has spoiled me...AC, its quiet, rides like a caddy comparably, and so on. I sure do enjoy driving it....MPG is about 3 less than the truck.

Old 08-13-2016, 02:42 PM
nossliw
Cargo Master
Deal of the year... Running fully dressed 200k 7.3 with harness, e40d, t case, and PCM.... For less than what a good set of used injectors run locally... Turbo and a few parts were in box. It was worth hailing the skid up to load...

And am IC install pipe fab job came from the seller when he can bring his truck out to the shop...

Old 08-13-2016, 02:47 PM
z31freakify
Hotshot
Received 1,186 Likes on 815 Posts
Don't know how much you payed but judging by what you posted it must of been really cheap, lucky dog.

Old 08-13-2016, 06:13 PM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Does the ac not work in black and Blu. Or did it not come with it? The ac in my old girl can make an Eskimo shiver lol

Old 08-14-2016, 09:49 AM
nossliw
Cargo Master
Does the ac not work in black and Blu. Or did it not come with it? The ac in my old girl can make an Eskimo shiver lol
It has it. Never has worked though. I need to get a new compressor, and likely everything else... Always fixing other crap and never get around to it.

My biggest issue is all of the floor heat that comes into the truck when towing heavy... I don't even think the AC would take care of it. Need to wrap the entire firewall and tunnel with r35 :-)

Old 08-14-2016, 11:18 AM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Originally Posted by nossliw
It has it. Never has worked though. I need to get a new compressor, and likely everything else... Always fixing other crap and never get around to it.

My biggest issue is all of the floor heat that comes into the truck when towing heavy... I don't even think the AC would take care of it. Need to wrap the entire firewall and tunnel with r35 :-)
I understand. The floor in these girls can get real warm. That being said though. If your ac is up to snuff it is damn cold. It compensates eal well

Old 08-14-2016, 11:35 AM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 389 Likes on 266 Posts
Originally Posted by nossliw
Deal of the year... Running fully dressed 200k 7.3 with harness, e40d, t case, and PCM.... For less than what a good set of used injectors run locally... Turbo and a few parts were in box. It was worth hailing the skid up to load...

And am IC install pipe fab job came from the seller when he can bring his truck out to the shop...

Where is the Ebps on that? Looks like it might be a late 97 mill.

Old 08-14-2016, 12:42 PM
knottyrope
Lead Driver
Received 869 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by fordman67
If hot when towing, check heater hoses to see if they are hot. If yes then get a ball valve, clamps and some hose barbs and out it inline in the engine compartment. When I get back from the store mine blows very hot air for a minute and I'm getting a ball valve for mine.

Old 08-14-2016, 06:28 PM
nossliw
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by fordman67
It's a late 97.

Originally Posted by knottyrope
If hot when towing, check heater hoses to see if they are hot. If yes then get a ball valve, clamps and some hose barbs and out it inline in the engine compartment. When I get back from the store mine blows very hot air for a minute and I'm getting a ball valve for mine.
You sir need to lay off the white powder! How's left field treating you :-)

Old 08-19-2016, 09:33 AM
nossliw
Cargo Master
Well a little update on the truck. I guess when she decides to be a pain in the, she makes sure you know. Lost my power steering pump, alternator, and the batteries were on their way out after 5 years... so she got a new set of AGM DEKAs. We are now a vendor for DEKA btw.

Put in a floor and new lift in the shop....same commercial flooring out in Fed Exs hangar at DIA. I swear you can due donuts on this stuff and it won't show. One hell of an effort to clean it all out, etch, 3 coats, and in a few days put it all back in.... I will probably never do this again... Had some good friends, who helped for beer and whiskey... Final coat we weren't sure if it was the whiskey or fumes.

Turned out pretty awesome... it was a lot of work. Have 6" on the walls to still do and its done.

Quick Reply: Nik's 97 350 build thread