1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Which is better the Adrenaline or Stealth HPOP?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 03:52 PM
YoungFordAddict66
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which is better the Adrenaline or Stealth HPOP?

Ok so i have seen some guys on here asking about getting some new mods while i was wondering around some diesel sites. So i thought maybe i could ask this question to help if i can. So which is the better HPOP the Arenaline from dieselsite.com or the Stealth from beansdieselperformance.com. The only difference i know is that theres is only one version of the Adrenaline and theres 4 versions of the Stealth for our engines. Maybe someone with more knowlegde could help. Im not in the market for one(yet) but maybe someone else is.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Major Marvin
Elder User
Originally Posted by YoungFordAddict66
Ok so i have seen some guys on here asking about getting some new mods while i was wondering around some diesel sites. So i thought maybe i could ask this question to help if i can. So which is the better HPOP the Arenaline from dieselsite.com or the Stealth from beansdieselperformance.com. The only difference i know is that theres is only one version of the Adrenaline and theres 4 versions of the Stealth for our engines. Maybe someone with more knowlegde could help. Im not in the market for one(yet) but maybe someone else is.
Is this mainly needed when we add on other mods or is it something that would benefit a fairly stock PSD?

Old 01-11-2011, 04:10 PM
YoungFordAddict66
Posting Guru
Yea this is something you usually add with bigger injectors or a chip. Mainly when u add more fuel. Since our injectors run off oil, ur stock HPOP can only handle so much fuel pressure or supply enough oil to the injector? Maybe someone with that knows more can help more. But i know that with more fuel u need more oil so thats where the adrenaline and stealth help. Hope that kinda helped.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:11 PM
Major Marvin
Elder User
Yea this is something you usually add with bigger injectors or a chip. Mainly when u add more fuel. Since our injectors run off oil, ur stock HPOP can only handle so much fuel pressure or supply enough oil to the injector? Maybe someone with that knows more can help more. But i know that with more fuel u need more oil so thats where the adrenaline and stealth help. Hope that kinda helped.
That helped for sure, thanks!

Old 01-11-2011, 04:20 PM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
I see you found that can of worms you were looking for, but did you have to open it?

Old 01-11-2011, 04:26 PM
YoungFordAddict66
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by superduty4x4
I see you found that can of worms you were looking for, but did you have to open it?
Im so a trouble maker what can i say. i drive a polluting truck in a world of tree huggers so its just what i do. Plus its kinda getting boring around here so i thought i would make it interesting just kidding. im just here to help see i already helped on guy.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:44 PM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
Im so a trouble maker what can i say. i drive a polluting truck in a world of tree huggers so its just what i do. Plus its kinda getting boring around here so i thought i would make it interesting just kidding. im just here to help see i already helped on guy.
Bored in K-falls? Take a 30 minute drive east to Beatty and Bly and watch all the crack heads and weirdos... hours of entertainment! Just don't look 'em straight in the eye, it makes them nervous and when they get nervous they can do some really scary *****!

Old 01-11-2011, 04:50 PM
YoungFordAddict66
Posting Guru
Bored in K-falls? Take a 30 minute drive east to Beatty and Bly and watch all the crack heads and weirdos... hours of entertainment! Just don't look 'em straight in the eye, it makes them nervous and when they get nervous they can do some really scary *****!
Hahah yea there are a few of those around here, well more than a few more like 3/4 of the town it seems like. i try to stick to the main roads the neighborhoods scare the **** outta me. had a buddy here with his parents visiting oit and got lost in some neighborhood, witnessed some guy in the light of day break into a house and steal stuff. and i might go check that out this weekend when im house hunting.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Major Marvin
Elder User
Hahah yea there are a few of those around here, well more than a few more like 3/4 of the town it seems like. i try to stick to the main roads the neighborhoods scare the **** outta me. had a buddy here with his parents visiting oit and got lost in some neighborhood, witnessed some guy in the light of day break into a house and steal stuff. and i might go check that out this weekend when im house hunting.
I stay in the hills

Old 01-11-2011, 05:17 PM
BadDogPSD
Laughing Gas
Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts
For $110 more, I think the Stealth is a better value. I think the Adrenaline was a good deal when it came out as it was the first offering (other than a TE Modded 17*) for those that needed 'bigger' oil, but not 'BIG' oil. A little competition is a good thing for us consumers!

I copied this from a post on another forum:
Stecher Performance LLC. Would like to formally introduce the new Stealth SRP Stage I pump to you. This new pump has been in development for over a year now and is finally ready for release. The Stealth SRP1 pump is designed for the 94.5’ to 03’ 7.3L and 03’ to 04’ 6.0L Powerstroke engines. The Stealth SRP1 pump is a “Stock Replacement Pump”, SRP1, that will give you Stage I performance in a stock pump housing! We have addressed all of the stock <ACRONYM title="High Pressure Oil Pump">HPOP</ACRONYM> housing flaws while at the same time increasing internal displacement by almost 50%! This is an increase of over twice the displacement that our competitors are offering in their pumps! These new pumps have all new internal components for a reliable operation. Inside these new pumps there are all new larger billet pistons combined with a new 18-degree billet swash plate that still retains stock reliability while increasing displacement by almost 50%! With the new larger pistons and new swash plate we have managed to increase displacement to 10.45cc vs. the stock 6.8cc or 7.2cc pumps. All pumps are designed with dual ABEC-5 ball bearings for added stability during operation instead of a rear bronze bushing like the stock pump late model pump uses. All of the snap rings, o-rings, and seals are new. We have machined the 3 high-pressure output ports from #6ORB fittings to #8ORB fittings resulting in twice the thread surface area, which means no more stripped or blown out fittings. We have also machined the edge filter plug in the bottom of the pump and taken it from a #3ORB fitting to a #6ORB fitting resulting in twice the thread surface area. We also machine some of the internal passages to ensure proper flow in and out of the pump. These new Stealth SRP Stage I pumps housings are bead blasted and coated with a ceramic base high temperature paint. The front mounting gasket surface area is re-machined flat to ensure a leak free installation. All of our new Stealth SRP1 pumps are rigorously tested to full pressure and full rpm on our test bench for 30 minutes to ensure optimum efficiency and performance before they leave our shop. The Stealth SRP1 comes with everything listed above and is also covered with a 1 year unlimited mileage warranty

Beans did a dyno test comparing the same truck with an Adrenaline, then with the Stealth SRP1:

Stealth Drop in pump - Dyno results - PowerStrokeNation

Obviously plenty of oil to push those big injectors to gain 125 hp!

Last I heard Cary @ CT Performance (Caryt or OBSWIZ on the forums) had the best price (shipped) on the new Stealth pumps...

Sometimes it's fun to stir up some chit!

Old 01-11-2011, 06:00 PM
YoungFordAddict66
Posting Guru
Craig yea i read those stats on beans site about the stock replacement and was pretty cool.
And that thread from psnation was awesome wow thats some good info thanks for that. But what pump did they put in? the stock replacement or the stage 1? im thinking stage 1 maybe 2 because of all the mods he had. but wow thats some great hp gain just from the pump.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:18 PM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
Craig yea i read those stats on beans site about the stock replacement and was pretty cool.
And that thread from psnation was awesome wow thats some good info thanks for that. But what pump did they put in? the stock replacement or the stage 1? im thinking stage 1 maybe 2 because of all the mods he had. but wow thats some great hp gain just from the pump.
If you read the PSN thread it says they used the new SRP1 pump.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:26 PM
YoungFordAddict66
Posting Guru
If you read the PSN thread it says they used the new SRP1 pump.
oh ok thanks i guess i missed that my bad. but still no body else wants to chim in? any help?

Old 01-11-2011, 06:29 PM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
The SRP1 is pretty much brand new to the market, so there isn't a lot of info on it.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:43 PM
YoungFordAddict66
Posting Guru
Chase thats not a good enough answer for me hahah im jk. Yea like you siad i too think its to new and there really isnt much out there, but what little there is seems to be good stuff.

Quick Reply: Which is better the Adrenaline or Stealth HPOP?