Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Box Style Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Freshman User

hcole125 is starting off with a positive reputation.
shamefull
questions about a/c

So guys im buying a late 70's ford truck, im going to take the engine and transmission, also the rear end and im sticking them in my 1957 f100. If the donor truck has a/c can I use all those parts to put a/c in my truck, what extra would I need to do besides of course putting in a underdash vent unit or putting holes in my dash
Old 11-12-2012, 05:10 AM
Posting Guru

Walston has a good reputation on FTE.Walston has a good reputation on FTE.Walston has a good reputation on FTE.
About the only other thing I can think of is an electric fan on the radiator, the ac units need a lot of cooling.

Also a 70's unit wold be R12, not that easy to find.

http://bigjohnstractor.com/
Old 11-12-2012, 06:26 AM
Senior User

OverReved is starting off with a positive reputation.
You might be able to use 'some' of the pieces, but there would be a lot of things you would have to custom make. I would contact the folks at Vintage Auto Air. The specialize in A/C kits for cars and trucks that never had A/C to start with. Good Luck
Old 11-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Gone But Not Forgotten

ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.
Trying to adapt another system to fit your fridge would not be an easy task, I think.

Your donor vehicles' AC would have been incorporated into the heating system, I believe. The Fridge, would not have been. It was an under dash system, separate from the trucks' heating system.

Much easier, though still not inexpensive, to use an aftermarket system.

I do have an NOS, under dash, system I hope to one day install. Sorry to say, it is not a Ford unit. I will still need to buy all the under hood components. Since it is so old, I will have it gone through, all seals renewed , etc. It will remain an R12 unit, as the cooling is so much better. More expense, because the R12 refrigerant, while still available, is sometimes tough to source and is costly.
Anthony...Hey Kevin....Silly Boy...Hey John...Hey Dan... WOW! OYE!...OH
CRAP...just for giggles...GREAT JOB...Nice Work Tard!...takes a "womans
touch"...TeeHee...you jerks."
Old 11-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Posting Guru

Walston has a good reputation on FTE.Walston has a good reputation on FTE.Walston has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverReved View Post
You might be able to use 'some' of the pieces, but there would be a lot of things you would have to custom make. I would contact the folks at Vintage Auto Air. The specialize in A/C kits for cars and trucks that never had A/C to start with. Good Luck
Classic Auto is what I used for my 60, fit and worked great.

http://bigjohnstractor.com/
Old 11-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Freshman User

hcole125 is starting off with a positive reputation.
shamefull
I was mostly just figuring out if the under the hood components could save me money like the compressor
Old 11-12-2012, 01:07 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks