6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

New Tuner cat/dpf

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 04:29 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
Update i just checked about 6 or 7 outlets by going on google with "DPF delete". I found every tuner I know about except the Black max. one site had a note saying the Black max was out of stock because they needed a new screen vendor. So EPA may be doing something but right now there seem to be plenty for sale.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Ian123
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 11-15-2012, 07:02 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Ian123
Thanks, good catch. "A government that is big enough to give you everything is big enough to take everything". Don't remember who said it but it fits. If they can get enough agents they will probably be out looking for trucks with sooty exhausts. LOL

Old 11-16-2012, 03:21 PM
bigjr2
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I took your advice Stanley and got the universal and long extension worked like a dream the rubber donuts sucked finally used my sawzal no more trouble then yeah the silly thing was rusted into the exhaust pipe so 4 hours later all better but the sound man not sure im crazy about it i love the rumble but the hissing noise sucks sounds like the new furnace exhaust

Old 11-16-2012, 03:29 PM
RM2738
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bigjr2
I took your advice Stanley and got the universal and long extension worked like a dream the rubber donuts sucked finally used my sawzal no more trouble then yeah the silly thing was rusted into the exhaust pipe so 4 hours later all better but the sound man not sure im crazy about it i love the rumble but the hissing noise sucks sounds like the new furnace exhaust
Did you just do a delete pipe?

If so, lose the muffler and it will sound much better. A DPF back system will replace the OEM muffler & tip.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:03 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Glad I could help. Looks like tuners are gonna get harder and harder to get. I'm thinking I should buy a bunch and wait til the price gets way up there. But with my bad luckj they will be illegal to sell by then.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:23 PM
pdc666
New User
Did mini maxx with EGR/Cat/DPF delete today.
Difference is night and day. Used to hesistate off the line, not any more.
Instant pedal response and pulls like a freight train.
Chirps going into 3rd at full pedal, yet drives normally with normal pedal inputs.
Exhaust sounds like a fighter jet taking off.
I'm a happy camper.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:25 PM
RoofDude
Senior User
Originally Posted by weyland426
OP, can you post where you bought your setup? website?
I bought from littlepowershop.net in PA. I saw where they had one on ebay. I called em & ordered direct on the phone from em. They gave me a small discount off the price for calling them. Damn ebay fees

I was pretty happy with there service & shocked at how fast it showed up. I live out in the sticks & it showed up in two days. Normally a letter takes 3.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:47 PM
RoofDude
Senior User
Originally Posted by StanleyZ
Yep!!! But tell us how it sounded to you the first time you started it without the DPF. That alone made the work worth doing for me. Then there is the first time you stick your foot in it. Oh, yeah.
Yeah I'd have to agree with pdc.... sounds like a fighter jet I definitely like it. I have hand calculated my mpg, & have seen good improvement. I am getting the highest mpg I've ever got. Im averaging 16 now. I used to average 13-14.

I will probably replace the rest of it soon. I still have the stock 3' piece of pipe that goes into the muffler & tailpipe. Like said earlier..... that piece was a pita to get off of the dpf, & to get onto the new piece of pipe. For anyone attempting this that is worried.... Ive never touched an exhaust before.

My main reason for doing this was mpg, & to prolong the life of my engine. I have not messed with any of the tunes at this point. I installed the Easy tune and am running on stock power. My tranny is on s1. This is probably the only thing I dont really like. Im forced in my area to ride in the 45-50mph range at times. with this dl Im riding 4th. Im thinking about reloading the dl & setting the trans to s2. Im also going to try the different tune levels & see how they are.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:47 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by RoofDude
Yeah I'd have to agree with pdc.... sounds like a fighter jet I definitely like it. I have hand calculated my mpg, & have seen good improvement. I am getting the highest mpg I've ever got. Im averaging 16 now. I used to average 13-14.

I will probably replace the rest of it soon. I still have the stock 3' piece of pipe that goes into the muffler & tailpipe. Like said earlier..... that piece was a pita to get off of the dpf, & to get onto the new piece of pipe. For anyone attempting this that is worried.... Ive never touched an exhaust before.

My main reason for doing this was mpg, & to prolong the life of my engine. I have not messed with any of the tunes at this point. I installed the Easy tune and am running on stock power. My tranny is on s1. This is probably the only thing I dont really like. Im forced in my area to ride in the 45-50mph range at times. with this dl Im riding 4th. Im thinking about reloading the dl & setting the trans to s2. Im also going to try the different tune levels & see how they are.
Keep your expectations real, I got maybe a 20% increase in mileage all other things being equal. I think thats about all you can expect so if you were getting look for around 15.5 or so in same driving conditions. I don't know if you do oil anaylsis, but my first two after the tuner were so much better. It's just a different machine now.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:39 AM
weyland426
More Turbo
thanks for the info, guys...i will be making a purchase in the next couple days. is the jet noise better if i delete the dpf only and leave the cat? personally, i would sacrafice a little mpg to have a quieter ride. i'm just sick of regen. thx!

Old 11-18-2012, 07:48 AM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by weyland426
thanks for the info, guys...i will be making a purchase in the next couple days. is the jet noise better if i delete the dpf only and leave the cat? personally, i would sacrafice a little mpg to have a quieter ride. i'm just sick of regen. thx!
It's not that it's loud, at least not inside, it's just different. like they said above, more like a jet engine than a diesel. Now outside the truck as it pulls away it is a bit loud but not like a straight pipe big block, but loud. I'd love to find a muffler that would give it a throatier rumble like my vette but so far no one has mentioned one. The stock muffler is just a hollow can as best I can tell. I'm trying to keep my truck where I can return it to stock when it's time to sell so I dont want to change the down pipe or put in a muffler that has to be welded in.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:02 AM
RM2738
Posting Guru
The muffler is pretty much straight through with a few holes into the larger can.

Here's 4" turbo back straight pipe on passenger side and driver side.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...52B7E3F63F.mp4

Old 11-21-2012, 12:08 PM
RoofDude
Senior User
Filled up this morning, the LOM read, 603 MILES TO E

Old 12-04-2012, 09:18 AM
caprang
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by StanleyZ
If they can get enough agents they will probably be out looking for trucks with sooty exhausts. LOL
They dont have to go looking for them, the tuner companies already have all the information. Question is whether the government chooses to pursue the end user or if they are content shutting down the suppliers/manufacturers

Quick Reply: New Tuner cat/dpf