1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stolen 2003 F-250 Crew Cab - Houston, TX

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 09:50 AM
Firekite
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I didn't realize Ravelco was based out of Houston. That's pretty cool. I'll be headed to Houston in December anyway, so I just got off the phone with them and confirmed that they should be able to get it installed for me during that same trip.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:36 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,010 Posts
Ravelco is everywhere. They have dealer networks everywhere. I have it on mine.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:30 PM
edjunior
Cargo Master
Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts
Where was your truck taken from? I always hesitate to take mine (and usually don't) downtown, just because of this. I drive the wife's TrailBlazer. It's easier to park anyway. But I do park at a park and ride for the bus. Just curious where they nabbed it from.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Misky6.0
Man that really sucks...good luck finding a replacement..
Once you replace it install a hidden fuel-pump shutoff.
They'd have to tow it away..

or theyll just run a simple 12v jump wire directly to the fuel pump on the frame.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
That is why on the 6.0 you disable both the fuel pump and the FICM then
it will not start until you find the breaks in the system.
Or you do it the poor mans way and pull the 2 relays and take them with you.

Sean

Old 11-15-2012, 03:43 PM
RUNVS
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TXHillCountry,

I feel your PAIN!!! My condolences for your truck being stolen and I understand more than most:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...2-f-250-a.html

I added the Jimmi Jammers to mine and I am sure glad I did!!! Someone tried to steal it AGAIN!!! I had to have the lock replaced but that was all. They worked perfectly - AND I deleted the key on the passenger side. I couldn't bring myself to delete the one on the driver's side, though!!

I also have an alarm with remote start the wife got my for Christmas after getting the truck back!!

My insurance was good about replacement costs of accessories. I am horrible at keeping receipts. Fortunately, I bought almost everything online so I was able to go to my accounts at Amazon, Summit Racing, etc. and prove all the parts/upgrades/costs!!

They did NOT total mine - surprisingly enough!!! They thought they'd save money by repairing it. They did - about $200!! That was the difference when completed!!!

I HIGHLY recommend the Jimmi Jammers on the new rig. Even if you get Ravelco.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Firekite
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by senix
Ravelco is everywhere. They have dealer networks everywhere. I have it on mine.
Yes, I realize that. I just though it was cool that they were based (relatively) near by. They have no authorized installers in San Antonio, so since I will be headed to Houston soon anyway, I figured I'd have one of their own employees handle the install. The guy I talked to on the phone sounded like he was from the northeast originally, but he was very plain about what an outstandingly clean and secure job he feels like his own guys do.

The only odd thing is that they don't have a shop with bays where you drive up and have them do the install. They meet you somewhere with a service truck, like in the parking lot of a Bass Pro Shops, and do it there. Apparently in the Houston area at least they generally provide mobile install services regardless, so they do it at your home or office.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:09 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
boy that seems like a shady buisness plan!

Old 11-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Firekite
Posting Guru
Meh, not really. It's a whole helluvalot cheaper to run a business with mobile service trucks rather than buying/leasing land and building, furnishing, stocking, maintaining, and powering a big shop that isn't ever going to be running full 24/7. Plus, that's not really their main business, which is selling their devices around the country (and the world?) rather than just doing local installs. Of the people I know who have had the Ravelco installed, they've all been happy with them, including one of the guys at my office who had a "moblie field tech" or whatever they're called come out and do the install in the parking lot here at the office.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:48 PM
TXHillCountry
Elder User
Originally Posted by edjunior
Where was your truck taken from? I always hesitate to take mine (and usually don't) downtown, just because of this. I drive the wife's TrailBlazer. It's easier to park anyway. But I do park at a park and ride for the bus. Just curious where they nabbed it from.
One of the surface lots between Toyota Center and the 4 Seasons. Pic below. It's one of the LAZ lots, I like them because they have a convenient app for paying. But no cameras. I don't ride the bus anymore, but I think all the Park n Ride lots have cameras.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:26 PM
SLAYER1
Senior User
So sorry to hear it. thats the exact lot we always park in when we go to the Toyota Center.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Originally Posted by TXHillCountry
One of the surface lots between Toyota Center and the 4 Seasons. Pic below. It's one of the LAZ lots, I like them because they have a convenient app for paying. But no cameras. I don't ride the bus anymore, but I think all the Park n Ride lots have cameras.

the "toyota center"?????? what is that? sounds like pure communism!

Old 11-16-2012, 07:40 PM
azking_Ranch
Tuned
That sucks, I no my ins rates are up here in AZ because of the thief rate of are F-series trucks.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:26 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 279 Likes on 142 Posts
Originally Posted by TXHillCountry

I've parked there before...

This is one of THE reasons why I hate downtown...

Old 11-17-2012, 01:17 AM
parkland
Lead Driver
I was going to toss a joke about a favour to do with lightening truck weight to increase fuel economy, but I think I better not.

Oh oh.

Sorry.

Seriously though, that is terrible.

Quick Reply: Stolen 2003 F-250 Crew Cab - Houston, TX