1960 f100 with 4 way flashers (Hazards)??? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums



1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Box Style Ford Trucks

1960 f100 with 4 way flashers (Hazards)???

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 11-08-2012, 01:05 AM
56 ford custom's Avatar
56 ford custom 56 ford custom is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 140
56 ford custom is starting off with a positive reputation.
1960 f100 with 4 way flashers (Hazards)???

Ok so I would like my truck to have hazards which would be nice and safe. Is it correct that they started in 1961 and up? I found a set up from a 61-66 would it be completely off to run this in my truck? The wiring totally different? Also I know the ***** from a 60 are all ivory and 61-66 are black with the center ivory. Could I run a 60 **** on this switch?



Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-08-2012, 07:21 AM
ibuzzard's Avatar
ibuzzard ibuzzard is offline
Gone But Not Forgotten
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Boulder Creek, Ca.
Posts: 2,547
ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.
I cannot answer all your questions.Undobtedly the two different era trucks will have different wiring harnesses, though.

In your case, I would consider one of the after-market flasher kits from either Signal Stat, or Yankee.They are frequently available on eBay, are similar, and are sought after, i.e., not cheap, when bought NOS. By the way, all vintage lighting products, if in good condition are rising in price.

They were made for a long time, are a universal type kit, and look period correct in our old trucks.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-08-2012, 09:29 AM
56 ford custom's Avatar
56 ford custom 56 ford custom is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 140
56 ford custom is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuzzard View Post
I cannot answer all your questions.Undobtedly the two different era trucks will have different wiring harnesses, though.

In your case, I would consider one of the after-market flasher kits from either Signal Stat, or Yankee.They are frequently available on eBay, are similar, and are sought after, i.e., not cheap, when bought NOS. By the way, all vintage lighting products, if in good condition are rising in price.

They were made for a long time, are a universal type kit, and look period correct in our old trucks.
Even if I can get this to work you are saying it wont look correct in my truck even if I change the ****?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-08-2012, 09:46 AM
ibuzzard's Avatar
ibuzzard ibuzzard is offline
Gone But Not Forgotten
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Boulder Creek, Ca.
Posts: 2,547
ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56 ford custom View Post
Even if I can get this to work you are saying it wont look correct in my truck even if I change the ****?
Not saying that at all.

Do you have wiring diagrams from both trucks? You would possibly need that info. The kit will come with wiring diagrams. Perhaps someone can provide you with both, to compare. Otherwise, it might cost you more than the price of a new kit just to buy the proper shop manuals or wiring diagrams, plus new *****.

Maybe the ***** can interchange, I dunno. Good luck
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-08-2012, 10:05 AM
56 ford custom's Avatar
56 ford custom 56 ford custom is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 140
56 ford custom is starting off with a positive reputation.
switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuzzard View Post
Not saying that at all.

Do you have wiring diagrams from both trucks? You would possibly need that info. The kit will come with wiring diagrams. Perhaps someone can provide you with both, to compare. Otherwise, it might cost you more than the price of a new kit just to buy the proper shop manuals or wiring diagrams, plus new *****.

Maybe the ***** can interchange, I dunno. Good luck
Would you possibly have a pic of the yankee switch or the other one you had mentioned?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-08-2012, 03:13 PM
ibuzzard's Avatar
ibuzzard ibuzzard is offline
Gone But Not Forgotten
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Boulder Creek, Ca.
Posts: 2,547
ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56 ford custom View Post
Would you possibly have a pic of the yankee switch or the other one you had mentioned?
Sorry, I don't have any photos, and am pretty horrible at the technical stuff and would have trouble posting if I did.

I will go on Ebay tonight, if I find any up for auction, will send you a link .

Steve
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-08-2012, 03:30 PM
56 ford custom's Avatar
56 ford custom 56 ford custom is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 140
56 ford custom is starting off with a positive reputation.
light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuzzard View Post
Sorry, I don't have any photos, and am pretty horrible at the technical stuff and would have trouble posting if I did.

I will go on Ebay tonight, if I find any up for auction, will send you a link .

Steve
Thanks steve
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-09-2012, 06:01 AM
NumberDummy's Avatar
NumberDummy NumberDummy is online now
Ford Parts Specialist
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Agoura Hills, CA
Posts: 67,615
NumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56 ford custom View Post
Ok so I would like my truck to have hazards which would be nice and safe. Is it correct that they started in 1961 and up?

I found a dealer installed kit from a 1965/66 F100/250 2WD / Would it be completely off to run this in my truck?
1961/64's used a different kit. FoMoCo didn't offer 4 way emergency flashers until 1961.

Some trucks came with the 4 ways factory installed, but most were dealer installed kits.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-09-2012, 09:55 AM
56 ford custom's Avatar
56 ford custom 56 ford custom is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 140
56 ford custom is starting off with a positive reputation.
flashers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberDummy View Post
1961/64's used a different kit. FoMoCo didn't offer 4 way emergency flashers until 1961.

Some trucks came with the 4 ways factory installed, but most were dealer installed kits.
Yeah I know they werent offered till 61 but wanted to know if the 60 ivory **** would work on the flasher I posted?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-09-2012, 06:33 PM
spurredon's Avatar
spurredon spurredon is offline
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 6,417
spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56 ford custom View Post
Yeah I know they werent offered till 61 but wanted to know if the 60 ivory **** would work on the flasher I posted?
I believe the **** for the wipers would work as it attaches with a set screw as do the radio *****.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-10-2012, 03:13 AM
56 ford custom's Avatar
56 ford custom 56 ford custom is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 140
56 ford custom is starting off with a positive reputation.
switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurredon View Post
I believe the **** for the wipers would work as it attaches with a set screw as do the radio *****.
I think im gonna give this switch a try....
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1960 f100 with factory power steering? 56 ford custom 1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks 22 07-28-2013 08:36 AM
My 78 F250 Resto so far Tom French 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks 20 04-14-2013 11:24 PM
1960 f100 wirring 56 ford custom 1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks 27 10-20-2012 09:27 PM
Outlawbob's 1978 bronco restore project outlawbob 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco 18 05-19-2012 07:52 PM
is this a true set of 1979 hp dana 60 axels. 71hightoy 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks 17 11-24-2009 02:01 AM


Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums >

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 PM.