Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: GruesomeJeans

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
Summer Meet

So how do we go about the planing of a BIG meet?
I would think Snowbunny needs to be in on it.
1. Where should it be
2. How many days
3. When should it be
4. Cost
5. Do people need to pre-register?
6. Just how big will it get?

Just some things to ponder.

Sean
6.0l Forum Map : Ask me About It
Old 11-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Senior User

gearhead-tjc is starting off with a positive reputation.
Gettin' a jump on it ain't ya Sean?
Old 11-05-2012, 12:05 AM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
May as well. That way if the place we want needs a reservation you
don't want to do that at the last minute and loose out. Some places
id we showed up with 20 people might not be too happy with last minute.
I hope that Snowbunny will stop in and fill us in on the rules.
Top that off with I need some thing to do.

Sean
Old 11-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Posting Guru

crash1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.crash1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
ya ya when and where maybe i hope i can make it
97 f350 crewcab 1ton dually flat bed ,120 IDM ,3" dp ,5" strait pipe,6637 air cleaner powerstroke 4x4 5speed conversion
email info@monstertruckrentals.com
Old 11-10-2012, 03:23 PM

Snowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputation
There aren't really any "rules" per se, Sean. We just need to decide amongst ourselves where we go,,, and the sooner the better!!!

Personally,,, I think a weekend would be nice. Maybe even a holiday weekend to give an extra day??? Gives several days for people to make it over for one day or all the days.

Might get a better turn out if it's somewhere in the middle of the state. I know times are tough,,, and fuel is expensive,,, but if we all have roughly the same distance to drive,,, we might get a better turn out.

It really sucks that we are so spread out,,, because where you guys usually meet is a six hour drive for me. I'm just not gonna do that for an hour or two.

Last time,,, we went to Lake Easton,,, pretty nice place!!! We had one big "central" camp site where we all met for meals and partying,,, and then individual campsites for sleeping and,,, well,,, whatever!!! There are RV hook ups as well for those who like to really rough it!!

We all ate breakfast on our own,, then everyone brought something to the main camp site to pitch in for lunch and dinner. No one knew who was bringing what,,, but it worked out really well.

One person brought a camp stove,, and another brought a grill. We had several pop up shade tents and of course,,, everyone brought there own chairs. We had a great bon fire every night and shared waaaaaaaay too much booze!! LoL!!

What we really need is a firm decision to do this,,, when,,, and where. I would be happy to organize it for us if you guys like,,, or Sean,,, you could spear-head it for us. Doesn't really matter,, but there is a lot of prep work to do for someone!!

I can send out a mass PM to all of the WAFTE members and we might get some that aren't as active in the Chapter Forums to join in!!

Lake Easton is 4 hours for me,, but for a full weekend,,, I will save for the trip as I know it will be an awesome adventure!!

Here are some pics from the last one!!

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/75...adventure.html

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/75...-g2g-pics.html
Official Slackmaster #24 ~ Zombie Survivalist Extraordinaire
Proud owner of ~ 2002 F-250 SD PSD 6spd ~ 1996 F-350 PSD SC ~ 1984 VW Rabbit Diesel
Old 11-10-2012, 03:34 PM

Snowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputation
Here'a a link for Lake Easton State Park.

Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission - Park Information
Proud owner of ~ 2002 F-250 SD PSD 6spd ~ 1996 F-350 PSD SC ~ 1984 VW Rabbit Diesel
Old 11-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Senior User

stromburg is starting off with a positive reputation.
This sounds like a good time and I think it would be fun for my family.
2010 Super crew FX4 [mommas truck]
1965 CJ5, 1974 CJ5, 1981 CJ5 1992 CYJ
1970 Chevelle SS 396
Old 11-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Post Fiend

That is only a short 2 Hr drive for me.
I say lets get people involved and start the
Snowbunny you have the power of mass mailing.
So lets get the process of planning started. Do
up coming surgery I will not be moving around much
in December and January. So I will be able to help.

Sean
Old 11-10-2012, 09:10 PM

I agree!!

Let's just do this and hopefully if we plan it,,, they will come!!

So,, where and when???

I will need to put it in the mailing.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Post Fiend

The where can be Lake Easton State Park.
So that leaves us with the when.
How about ‎Memorial Day is on Monday, May 27, 2013.

Sean
Old 11-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Posting Guru

jgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to all
Jameson Gavac jagg007
Dang that's a bit of a haul. Might work out though

Only request that I have is that it's family friendly as possible. I'll be 17 when it rolls around, and my parents will probably be a little wary of me going out to eastern Washington with a bunch of people overnight. We'll see though.

Jameson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIO Silver View Post
Thanks for the myopic criticism Montana. You're bundle of joy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77&79F250 View Post
Whiskey does not agree with me, and Mr. Daniels is always getting me in trouble
Old 11-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgavac View Post
Dang that's a bit of a haul. Might work out though

Only request that I have is that it's family friendly as possible. I'll be 17 when it rolls around, and my parents will probably be a little wary of me going out to eastern Washington with a bunch of people overnight. We'll see though.

Jameson
What I marked in red is one very important thing.
If you look at Snowbunny's photos there are little ones. I am
sure you won't be the youngest one there by far.

Sean
Old 11-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Senior User

stromburg is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would be bringing my 4yr old son
2010 Super crew FX4 [mommas truck]
1965 CJ5, 1974 CJ5, 1981 CJ5 1992 CYJ
1970 Chevelle SS 396
Old 11-10-2012, 11:19 PM

Absolutely it must be family friendly!!!

If anyone wants pole dancing,,, they are coming to the wrong place!!

This is a time to get together,,, enjoy a few meals and some laughs!! Put faces to names and make some great memories!!

I am quite sure that we are all responsible enough to make sure that EVERYONE has a good time!! Especially the little ones!!
Old 11-10-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
The where can be Lake Easton State Park.
So that leaves us with the when.
How about ‎Memorial Day is on Monday, May 27, 2013.

Sean
Ok,, so Memorial weekend it is, May 24-27, at Lake Easton State Park!!!

I will start another thread just for people to sign up so we have a good head count!!!

We can work out details of who can bring which gear as it gets closer.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:22 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter