Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-03-2012, 02:27 AM
Junior User

greatwhitef350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Rebuilding a 400-500hp tow engine

Turns out i have a cracked piston so I want to make sure I rebuild my engine reliable with 400-500hp tow motor. I called Clay and he has the ford rebuild kit and he could machine the piston and ceramic coat them also. He also has the comp 910 springs and push rods. Anything else you guys recommend for more reliabilty and possibly getting me the horse power i'm targeting. I will be getting full force stage 2 sticks along with the other mods i already have.
2000 Ford F350 Dually, 8.5" Donahoe Lift, MBRP Cool Duals Exhaust, DP Tuner, AFE 2 Intake, T500, BTS Valve Body, PI Torque Convertor, HPX Line, DI UpPipes, Mag Hytec Diff. & Trans Covers, ISSPRO Gauges, Turbonetics 6.0 InterCooler, 2 Dieselsite Trans Coolers, Van Turbo w/ ATS Housing, 05-07 Front End, 08 Mirrors & Tailgate, ITP Fuel Regulated Return, ITP Tank Mod & Fuel Filter Bowl Delete,
Old 11-03-2012, 04:25 AM
Postmaster

SkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatwhitef350 View Post
Turns out i have a cracked piston so I want to make sure I rebuild my engine reliable with 400-500hp tow motor. I called Clay and he has the ford rebuild kit and he could machine the piston and ceramic coat them also. He also has the comp 910 springs and push rods. Anything else you guys recommend for more reliabilty and possibly getting me the horse power i'm targeting. I will be getting full force stage 2 sticks along with the other mods i already have.
Better tunes. I have (2) engines w/cracked pistons sitting on my garage floor right now... It took me a minute, but I came around before the 2nd one broke (after those toons for 70k miles, it was too late though...). After experiencing the difference in better tuning, I could never go back. Those still taking the koolaid can say what they want.

You might consider head studs. I'd definitely recommend a T4/S366 and 160/100's - probably the perfect 'tow rig' combo. Ya probably need more like 238/100's and maybe more air to get to 500HP - but it'd still be a good tow rig with the right tunes.

With AC codes (160/stock nozzles) and 38R, my truck dyno'ed 370HP in 'hot' tune and 320HP in 'tow' tune. This is a towing animal and EGT's are never a problem - but bigger nozzles would have given me more power without any real trade-off's..... (except the option to consume more fuel! )

I do have a set of coated Int'l up-pipes and a coated 38R (came from Clay ) for sale in the classifieds!! (shameless plug )

It sucks this happened to you, but I know you'll be happy with the new engine at the power you are lookin' for!!!!! Post some pics of the carnage.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:25 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel