Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 01:50 AM
1fixitman
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jason,
I have the 9th thru the 12th off.

ChiefM,
I thought you should see this provided from the 7.3L forum.
1970 Ford Camper Special with 93K original miles.
1970 Ford Camper Special Explorer

Old 11-08-2012, 07:11 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Hey Phil,
We look forward to meeting you too. Jason is trying to have another GTG soon. Another chilly morning here is south GA. Wide open here at work, at least monday is a holiday but will be working around the house.. better than being at work.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:27 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Whats up everyone!!!

It's FRIDAY and a long weekend too !!!!! Did not get the P/S pump yesterday, that will be next weekends fun. Got a few other things around the house that need my attention. The honey do's never end..

Found more admin stuff that had to be done here at work, I have an inspection the week after Thanksgiving so trying to get the stuff straight before he comes to the shop. Hope everyone is doing great.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:29 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Hey everyone,
Been busy around the homestead, fixed a couple of things that needed my attention. Got pops 4 wheeler running, It has not been running for almost 3 years. It was put aside when daddy got sick and no one has messed with it. The carb was bad with a ton of varnish from old fuel. Took it off and cleaned the heckout of it.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far. You all take care !!!

Old 11-10-2012, 11:56 PM
1fixitman
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got the rear end on the 7.3L repaired. He did not have to replace the pinion and ring gear thank God. He did replace the inner and outer bearings on the axle, Pinion bearing, crush washer, Pinion seal, hub seals and the front left wheel bearing was shot. I could have done the wheel bearing myself but it was already there so I told him to go ahead and knock it out. It was 830$ for all that mess. I did not really want to deal with the rear end. Kinda a pain in the rear lol.
It drives smooth now. No lag or slop in the up shift or down shift on my manual transmission now. I have a 4 wheeler I need to work on for someone. I need to put some blue loctite on the idle adjust screw in the carb because it backs out. No fargin spring in there??? It is a Suzuki brand grizzly for a child built around 2006. I need to get some sleep.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:13 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Happy Monday...please continue to celebrate your favorite veteran!

Old 11-12-2012, 07:05 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
SOLD the house today !!!!! Thank goodness that is over. Hope everyone had a good weekend. I got alot of stuff done. Hard to believe that the holidays are right around the corner.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:50 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Hi Guys !!!
Hope everyone survived the long weekend. Planning on trying to work on the old truck this weekend, At least a power steering pump and maybe get some brake parts. The leaves are really starting to fall, we have a ton of trees here and it will take forever to get the mess cleaned up. I am not a winter guy BUT I am liking the no gnats flying around my face.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:48 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,897 Likes on 1,145 Posts
Mornin' y'all!! Chief, congratulations on the house - I'm sure that was a relief. Btw, thanks again for your service to our country (and the others here who have served too!).

It got down to 24* here this AM with plenty of frost. Most of the leaves are on the ground now, but a few trees are hanging on. The Bradford Pears are turning now - but they are my least favorite tree on the property... I spent 1/2 the day yesterday cutting up and hauling off the big limbs (1/2 a tree) that fell over at Mom's.

Gonna finish organizing the garage today so I can get the big 'ole dually in there and extract Dwayne's turbo/up-pipes! Then I need to change injector cups and the water pump. Trying to decide if I wanna yank the engine out and stick it in the Excursion. I hate having either truck down, but can't justify fixing the other one right now. It feels like trying to choose a favorite child!

The boys will be with their Mom next week, so I'm gonna try to get this project done. We need a WVO-burner ready for our trip to Fla for family Christmas!! We'll be in Sebring and other central FL locations from 12-26 until after New Year's. Speaking of which, maybe we can stop along I-75 and shake hands with a couple of y'all???

Old 11-14-2012, 11:27 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Thanks jason,
Yes it is a relief to get the sale overwith. Also thanks, I have the best job in the world. We were 55 this morning, but the rain and wind have picked up and it has some bite outside. I might be able to come meet ya, just depends, my schedule is screwy at best.

I know the feeling about having to pick, I want to work on the truck, but need to probibly work on the motorhome incase that becomes my temp home if I get the Job in the Atlanta area. I hate winter time. I like being out doors but hate being cold.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:36 PM
koolchange
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Afternoon All,
Well we finally have the T Shirt Shop open and running in downtown Dahlonega. Sorry for not checking in to say hi but it has been one thing after another. Hope all is well, and if you find yourself in Dahlonega please stop in to say Hi. We are upstairs above Carruso's Pizza right on the square.

Hey Chief: Congrats on the house sale.

KC

Old 11-14-2012, 08:56 PM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,897 Likes on 1,145 Posts
Originally Posted by koolchange
Good Afternoon All,
Well we finally have the T Shirt Shop open and running in downtown Dahlonega. Sorry for not checking in to say hi but it has been one thing after another. Hope all is well, and if you find yourself in Dahlonega please stop in to say Hi. We are upstairs above Carruso's Pizza right on the square.

Hey Chief: Congrats on the house sale.

KC
Congrats on the shop! Look for my ugly mug on Friday afternoon!!

I drive thru Dahlonega every Fri afternoon and either Sun PM or Mon AM shuttling my boys to their Mother's in Dawsonville....

Old 11-14-2012, 11:01 PM
reality_check
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all, man it has gotten cold, had to plug her in the past few nights, nothing like getting in the ole truck, turning the key on, and seeing it just below operating temp, tonight is a dreary cold night with the little bit of rain,I am dreading the really cold days, and nights that are coming, I hope everyone is warm, and fed, I might have to hook up to the TT and go south for a couple of weeks, if it gets to cold this year, looking forward to spring when I can gtg with everyone, and actually be able to stand outside around our trucks, and learn a thing or two, without freezing, the wifey does not do cold very well, when is the 1st gtg of the year usually?
Phil

Old 11-15-2012, 07:30 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Phil,
We have never had a set date for any kind of GTG. I agree we should have one next year, by then my truck should be road worthy enough to make a trip somewhere and be able to hang with some other truck fans.

Kool,
Glad to see you dropping in, we miss ya but understand trying to get everything up and running. A picture would be cool for those of us not in the local area. I owned a small bussiness once, I know it's alot of work and Good luck. I am glad the house is gone too, things are finally coming around !!!

Overcast and damp today, oh joy. Taking next week off, Going to put a power steering pump on the truck, have to put up a fence for our pet pygmy goats and what ever else the wifey has planned for me. I got alot of home fix it things done last saturday so one day I will have time for the truck. Of couse alot of turkey and football !!!

Old 11-16-2012, 09:15 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Good Morning everyone,
TGIF !!!!!!
Another dreary morning here in the south of GA. Man this has been one long week, even for having monday off. Taking all of next week off, that will probibly fly by. At least I will get to work on the truck a bit.

Picked me up a new Shop Vac Wednesday. My old one gave me almost 20 years of service before dying in a cloud of smoke and flame. Hope I get the same service out of this one. Only thing I do not like is it does not have any kind of tool storage on the Vac.

Quick Reply: Welcome to the November Chat Thread!!!