Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

NOVEMBER "shake and howdy" thread!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 03:31 PM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks!! I am feeling a little better----now that I've been given some meds (and an ****-chewin' from the doc for waiting so long to go get checked out). Got a Z-pack, prednisone to help with lung inflamation, an inhaler to use every 4 hours or so, some prescription strength robitussin (codeine based cough syrup----don't try to even watch TV after taking this stuff) and to top it off and injection of antibiotics to kick-start the process. And you can just guess where they decided to give that injection....only fair since I was kinda a pain in the keester to them.

So.....fewer aliens and some REAL GOOD sleep have left me feeling a bit better. And the rain went away. If I can make it through hump day, I'm sure all y'all did too. Have a good evening.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:59 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Good Thursday morning to everybody! Hope everyone has a great day----ONE WEEK until Thanksgiving. Better start hunting those turkeys and cranberries....

Old 11-15-2012, 06:55 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was once told a thing that I don't know if you can believe is so simple - that when we dehydrate ourselves, our lungs have a very hard time.

Also -

In order for your body to eliminate poisons or built up toxins in itself it needs at least ONE GALLON of water per day

It seems like a hard order - but if you will keep a half gallon jug of water around you, and sip from it once in a while, I think that will be the most beneficial.

~You may not believe me.

It also seems way too simple, too natural to believe. Try it and see

Water constitutes most of our bodies, and when we run short of it all kinds of problems happen.

For one thing it cannot flush itself out properly

Drinking that much water seems like a hard thing, unless you set it up so you don't think about it.

Water tastes wonderful from time to time. I like to add a small amount of lemon juice

All you have to do is make it ready, and take advantage of it when you see it.

But always do....

I HAD TO MAKE MYSELF!

~it took me some time to learn

*FLUSHING THE BODY WITH WATER IS THE BEST CURE FOR A GOUT EPISODE
~It dissolves the crystals that cause the pain

IF YOU NOTICE THAT YOUR LIPS ARE DRY - YOU ARE DEHYDRATED

Your body cannot function without water
Be sure to take in enough of it
Best regards
~Dutch sendzzz

PS: This is a thing that affected me directly - I have had asthma since I was small. It always got bad when I was "DRIED OUT"
When I was very young I was once hospitalised because I was dehydrated, and they put me on a drip IV to recover

Old 11-16-2012, 07:38 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Thanks, Wolf! I do try to stay hydrated all day. Not just with plain water (which I also drink about 40 ounces of each day), but also with my 8 cups of hot tea----all in one mug----each morning. I also drink a Cherry CokeZERO for the caffeine addiction each day around lunch. I also drink 2-3 bottles of water with crystal light mixes in them----usually lemonade or raspberry. I have had kidney stones, so I try to make sure my urine is always as clear as possible every day.

I'm sure everyone is riveted to their computer screens over this gripping tale of congestion....Have a great Firday everybody! WELCOME TO THE WEEKEND!!!!

Old 11-17-2012, 05:57 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
"FIRDAY"?

Is that like a "FUR" day?

~I have many of those....
*snikkkerrrezzz*

(no insult intended)

CHERRY JUICE (oddly enough) is also great for flushing out toxins
But anything with ascorbic acid (vitamin "C") is ideal.

I grow citrus trees indoors for that reason. I never want to be without them

I have a Meyer Lemon tree right now that is forming about fifty to a hundred lemons...

Old 11-18-2012, 01:59 PM
cameeks
Posting Guru
Thought I would infiltrate y'alls area. Im from the Houston area and going to be sneaking around the Memphis area for the next week. It wss a cold night last night to be sleeping in the ex though.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Sleeping in cars and trucks is an art and skill often neglected - but I have to ask why you were doing it - travelling light?

* There are many tent camping sites available in State Parks in TN. That's how I have always liked to travel

BY: "CHATAUQUA"

Or in the Australian way: "WALKABOUT"

When I was stationed on USS NUMBNUTZ in Bremerton Washington - I would often escape the ship by going to my truck with a camper shell on it - and use camp heaters to stay warm.

It helped that I stuffed insulation between the ribs forming the frame of the camper shell so that the aluminum shell had a layer of rubber foam taken from shipping crates to insulate it

If I had known what I was getting into in advance - I'd have gotten a VAN and tricked it out

CVN-68 was like some kind of a bad trip from the sixties...

Old 11-18-2012, 08:34 PM
cameeks
Posting Guru
Called and left a message with Value Place on Shelby Oaks at 5 pm saying I had 10 hours to get there. No call back so at 3 am when I arrived the security wouldn't let me check in. Got checked in by someone else at 9 am and she let us in and is going to talk to the manager befor we sign the papers for our troubles.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:22 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Friendly buggers, were they?

I hope you got settled in.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:47 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday----Thanksgiving is just around the corner.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Got a bird on the thaw, killing time waiting for a bud to get home - I need to borrow his angle grinder for tomorrow since the wheel on mine got torched and not replaced several months ago.

I need it to finish this:

THAT is what you do when you pay good cash for a lousy set of headers for a conversion, and it's much too late to start again
*DID NOT even fit inside the frame properly!

I think it will still be rigid enough that I won't have any worries, but I don't want to use a cutting torch on it in case it is tempered steel
Sloooooow and easy...

Old 11-21-2012, 06:57 PM
cameeks
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Greywolf
Got a bird on the thaw, killing time waiting for a bud to get home - I need to borrow his angle grinder for tomorrow since the wheel on mine got torched and not replaced several months ago.

I need it to finish this:

THAT is what you do when you pay good cash for a lousy set of headers for a conversion, and it's much too late to start again
*DID NOT even fit inside the frame properly!

I think it will still be rigid enough that I won't have any worries, but I don't want to use a cutting torch on it in case it is tempered steel
Sloooooow and easy...
Could weld a plate on the vertical section to stiffen it up some to be on the safe side.

Edit.... I didnt notice it was only half way through. Might still be good to go. If you have access to a welder I still would put a piece in to help out.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:55 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:39 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving---and didn't overeat too badly.

Black Friday----I'm staying home and avoiding all the craziness.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:05 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I wish I had enough cash to get into the black friday thing, I'd have a few things I wanted real bad...

But I can't complain:

"In their first winter, the pilgrims learned of much from the natives - and it was enough to survive"

THANKSGIVING
is about being thankful for exactly what we have got -that we manage to be alive (not to mention being comfortable) in the first place.

Who am I to ask for more than that?

GOD has blessed one and each of us, that is enough

LORD;
THANK YOU!
~AMEN

The rest is up to us

Quick Reply: NOVEMBER "shake and howdy" thread!!!!