Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Louisiana Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Louisiana Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpride

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Louisiana Chapter LDR

fordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud of
Big Bird Month BS

Happy November La.
Lots of parts to come
97 F250 totaled 11/19/12
Louisiana FTE Member Map
Old 11-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Elder User

06F150STX is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.06F150STX is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'm so ready to go home!! I'm tired of all this dang SNOW!!!!!

Randall
'10 Lariat Screw 4X4
4" Rough Country lift
Toyo Open Country AT 2 Extreme tires
XD Series 20x9 Badland Rims
Old 11-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Louisiana Chapter LDR

fordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud of
Bring some back with you
Lots of parts to come
97 F250 totaled 11/19/12
Louisiana FTE Member Map
Old 11-04-2012, 07:26 AM
Postmaster

Tangi Cowboy has a great reputation on FTE.Tangi Cowboy has a great reputation on FTE.Tangi Cowboy has a great reputation on FTE.Tangi Cowboy has a great reputation on FTE.Tangi Cowboy has a great reputation on FTE.
Johnny G Jones
Hello Gal's & Guy's, this time change has me all confused I don't even know what day it is, much less what time it is, anyways Happy November to all y'all out there in Ford Truck Land, WOO WOO
JOIN THE LOUISIANA CHAPTER HERE
Old 11-04-2012, 08:17 AM
Louisiana Chapter LDR

Hello Louisiana

Morning Johnny
Lots of parts to come
97 F250 totaled 11/19/12
Louisiana FTE Member Map
Old 11-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Postmaster

bigdaddyII has a great reputation on FTE.bigdaddyII has a great reputation on FTE.bigdaddyII has a great reputation on FTE.bigdaddyII has a great reputation on FTE.bigdaddyII has a great reputation on FTE.bigdaddyII has a great reputation on FTE.
Good afternoon all. Was a nice day today so I decided to wash, clay, and wax the wife's Fusion. I ordered Collinite wax and it hasn't come in yet, but I used what I had for now to get it done in the nice weather as I really wanted to clay the car.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Postmaster

Tangi Cowboy has a great reputation on FTE.Tangi Cowboy has a great reputation on FTE.Tangi Cowboy has a great reputation on FTE.Tangi Cowboy has a great reputation on FTE.Tangi Cowboy has a great reputation on FTE.
Johnny G Jones
Hey Man you really got it looking good, but I have to ask what do you mean when you say CLAY the car, that's a term I'm not familiar with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyII View Post
Good afternoon all. Was a nice day today so I decided to wash, clay, and wax the wife's Fusion. I ordered Collinite wax and it hasn't come in yet, but I used what I had for now to get it done in the nice weather as I really wanted to clay the car.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Postmaster

bigdaddyII has a great reputation on FTE.bigdaddyII has a great reputation on FTE.bigdaddyII has a great reputation on FTE.bigdaddyII has a great reputation on FTE.bigdaddyII has a great reputation on FTE.bigdaddyII has a great reputation on FTE.
Its a fine bar of clay that removes surface particles that embeds itself into the clear coat. When those particles are present wax doesnt bond properly. This is my first time using a clay bar. I usually just threw a coat of wax on once in a while and called it good. Being that both of our cars are new I wanted to start them off right so to speak. To give you a better idea of the surface particles I am talking about, next time you are around a freshly washed car run your nail bed along any area of the paint. It should feel like glass, if the car hadnt been clayed you will feel a bunch of bumps on your nailbed. This is the kit I used, $17 at Wally World.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Elder User

06F150STX is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.06F150STX is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyII View Post
Its a fine bar of clay that removes surface particles that embeds itself into the clear coat. When those particles are present wax doesnt bond properly. This is my first time using a clay bar. I usually just threw a coat of wax on once in a while and called it good. Being that both of our cars are new I wanted to start them off right so to speak. To give you a better idea of the surface particles I am talking about, next time you are around a freshly washed car run your nail bed along any area of the paint. It should feel like glass, if the car hadnt been clayed you will feel a bunch of bumps on your nailbed. This is the kit I used, $17 at Wally World.

That's the same stuff I use, And you better have some elbow grease too!!!!

Randall
'10 Lariat Screw 4X4
4" Rough Country lift
Old 11-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Postmaster

Johnny G Jones
Thanks guys for the information, I feel now like I have learned something for today & I hate to go a full day without learning something. LOL
Old 11-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Elder User

Just ordered my nerf bars and my leveling kit for the truck. Next I'm looking into getting the MagnaFlow 12640 muffler.

Randall
'10 Lariat Screw 4X4
4" Rough Country lift
Old 11-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06F150STX View Post
Just ordered my nerf bars and my leveling kit for the truck. Next I'm looking into getting the MagnaFlow 12640 muffler.
I had a Magnaflow on my old Dodge. At first I thought it was too quite, the after 5000 miles or so I loved it. Quite at idle, not obnoxious but a nice throaty sound when you got on the go pedal. I hope you enjoy yours!

Today was another nice, for the most part overcast day, and my Collinite came in the mail. So I decided to wash, clay, and wax the F150. I am one tired sap this afternoon.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:02 AM
Postmaster

Johnny G Jones
Looking Good, Shiney Shiney
Old 11-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Louisiana Chapter LDR

Good morning Louisiana
Lots of parts to come
97 F250 totaled 11/19/12
Louisiana FTE Member Map
Old 11-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Postmaster

Thanks Johnny, have to repeat that every 6 months. Good morning to you ad Mike.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:14 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Louisiana Chapter