Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

November Chat/All Topic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 09:05 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
I do have to confess, I'm a fan of the '92-'97 body style over these recessed headlight box trucks...don't care for the interior of any of them though.

I like the 92-97 also, thats why I have the 94. If I had the money & time, everything in the yard would have a 73-79 body on it. Few Supercabs & fewer crews around here.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:14 PM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is supposed to be some kind of big decision made today, but I can't quite seem to remember what it is. Oh well, back to work at the salt mine
I don't care what anyone's personal decisions are, but I hope that all of you have or will perform your civic duty today, or previously.

Just got back myself.

But back to the big decision, I think Joe nailed it we all love OBS's, decision made, early polling confirms it, and we can now go ahead and call it.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:27 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by BigAlsPSD
I don't care what anyone's personal decisions are, but I hope that all of you have or will perform your civic duty today, or previously.

Just got back myself.

But back to the big decision, I think Joe nailed it we all love OBS's, decision made, early polling confirms it, and we can now go ahead and call it.
Just got back too, so worse case scenario I can say, "It wasn't my fault"

Old 11-07-2012, 11:28 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Well, now I'll say it... "It's not my fault"

Celebrated the occasion today by buying one of these:

Beretta Px4 Storm Full Size .45ACP

Old 11-07-2012, 11:42 PM
fatboy501
New User
Seems like a sweet piece of hardware. I'm not particularly a fan of polymer frames, but Beretta tends to know what they're doing. It will surely be a joy to shoot.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:30 AM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by tojoski
Well, now I'll say it... "It's not my fault"

Celebrated the occasion today by buying one of these:

Beretta Px4 Storm Full Size .45ACP

Mine either, I'm not sure what to think of the nation, I just have to have faith in the people.

Nice gun, saw quite a few companies have good numbers on the stock market today.

Personally I have a Glock 36, Ruger LC9, and a Springfield XDS 45 in the pistol category.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:07 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
So I plugged the truck in.....just to make sure everything is cool before it actually gets cold. Sizzle sizzle sizzle ...POP.

Yeah..... guess I'll add block heater and cord to the list of things I don't have time or money to fix.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:09 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This morning, the morning news wouldn't give an exact number but said the number of gun purchases in Oklahoma has doubled since Tuesday. Not sure if it's because of the new open carry law that went into effect or the election. Say what you want about them Okies (I do frequently when it comes to their driving)...but they're not afraid to pack some heat.
Originally Posted by cookie88
Yeah..... guess I'll add block heater and cord to the list of things I don't have time or money to fix.
Again, going with 6.0L knowledge...which may not apply here...the common failure part of the block heater is the cord and not necessarily the element. But hey, if you want to replace the element...reckon now is as good a time as any to replace that coolant too.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:49 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
So I plugged the truck in.....just to make sure everything is cool before it actually gets cold. Sizzle sizzle sizzle ...POP.

Hey look on the bright side, at least it didn't sizzle POP 10 minutes later after you went back in the house.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:15 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Same same Zack. It almost certainly is the cord, but at almost 12 years and nearly 300,000 miles old..... might as well do the deed. Found a site online that carries the heater and cord for $43, no NBD other than the coolant which is also due.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:08 PM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
Same same Zack. It almost certainly is the cord, but at almost 12 years and nearly 300,000 miles old..... might as well do the deed. Found a site online that carries the heater and cord for $43, no NBD other than the coolant which is also due.
Scott, have you tried Ford?

Surprisingly I had to replace one in another truck element was around $35 The cord assembly was a lot more, in which I went with SJ cord spliced in and wired to a marinco plug.

Cord part number: 1C3Z6B018AA
Heater Coil: F7TZ6A051AA

Edit: Just looked it up on tousley for curiousity, $33.94 http://tousleyfordparts.com/parts/in...&siteid=214771

Old 11-09-2012, 10:27 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Thanks Al. This is what I'm looking at.

7.3L Powerstroke Block Heater Cord Combo 3500043

Old 11-09-2012, 10:32 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
It's been that cool around Cabot that your using the block heater already? Gees, I thought my truck got special treatment.
Same same Zack. It almost certainly is the cord, but at almost 12 years and nearly 300,000 miles old....
Woohoo, 6.0L knowledge pays off again! When you say 300k, are those actual miles or Scott drag race....err, performance testing miles? Are you going to go back with Ford coolant or something else?
Originally Posted by BigAlsPSD
Scott, have you tried Ford?

Surprisingly I had to replace one in another truck element was around $35 The cord assembly was a lot more, in which I went with SJ cord spliced in and wired to a marinco plug.

Cord part number: 1C3Z6B018AA
Heater Coil: F7TZ6A051AA

Edit: Just looked it up on tousley for curiousity, $33.94
I don't know if every dealership's parts department is willing/interested in do this...but recently our local (who's giving us a run around with an issue on the Fungus) dealership has been meeting/beating Tousley's price. The win-win for me is I don't have to pay shipping costs and the part gets here a couple of days sooner; if not in my hand that moment. And I just checked with Clay, he doesn't have 'em listed on his site.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:52 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
It's been that cool around Cabot that your using the block heater already?
So I plugged the truck in.....just to make sure everything is cool before it actually gets cold.
In other words. No, I was just testing it.

When you say 300k, are those actual miles
278,609 indicated. Since all but the first 24,000 have been on over sized tires, one can safely assume the actual mileage is between 5-10% higher than indicated. Potentially more than 300k actual, but there is no way to verify.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:58 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
What a change in the weather. Had upper '70s yesterday, beautiful blue skies and just and all around awesome great day. Spent a couple of hours in the Ozark with friends yesterday...really enjoyed it. Today windy, rain with the occasional frog choke and the temp has been falling all day. The weather guessers are saying it got up to 73F at some point (hard to believe. They're reporting 45F right now (feels cooler) and we've got freeze warnings for the next two mornings. I sure hope the locomotives at work are idling right now. Since they don't have glow plugs they'll be a bear to start otherwise.
Originally Posted by tojoski
Just got back too, so worse case scenario I can say, "It wasn't my fault"
You can't blame one person for this mess, but you can blame a single demographic. Those that draw a welfare check because they're lazy. Another thing that bugs me are a couple of folks at work who's English isn't a first language. They love Obama and have been crowing about how great things are going to be now that he's been re-elected. All I can hope for is things don't repeat like that did almost four years ago when he was elected the first time. Went 7 months drawing an unemployment check from the RRB. The first couple of weeks were great....got caught up on somethings around the house and basically goofed off. But after two months I had my fill of it and I was ready to get back to work. Too bad it took another 5 months before I could get back to work.
In other words. No, I was just testing it.
Whoops, guess I should have paid more attention to the first post you made on the subject. I thought you were one of those folks that keeps the block hot/warm at all times.

Quick Reply: November Chat/All Topic Thread