Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

READ* Truck Inspection Station Harassment

Old 11-24-2012, 09:27 PM
Sylviano Colarossi
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
READ* Truck Inspection Station Harassment

The trucks inspection station security personnel are disrespectful,rude and arrogant. I'm not sure if I am complaining to the right department, or if anyone even bothers to look at these unless they get filed for tort, but I have had it up to here with the border employees and the truck station employees. Recently they were yelling at me for parking a foot away from the scale, after that they THREATENED to suspend my truck for 3 days if I did not stop "talking over them". There were 2 gentlemen (if one can call them that) working at the time, I am assuming this is for legal reasons so the other can provide backup witnessing if the other gets any heat. However I will deal with them shorty, have received their names and ID #'s and I will not stop until they are both fired and dealt with. For some reason government workers think they are above regular citizens with their $12/h pay, they don't realise that some of us (myself included) make more than that a minute. To finish the story, in the end they suspended my truck for 3 days which I will have to pay for "parking" and charged me $500 for not having my bill of landing (as it was shipped instead). Oh, they also continuously asked why I didn't have any meal receipts and how I could have gone to the US, and god forbid NOT bought anything. Geez like I would hide $50 in taxes so I could waste my time getting abused by them. This is not over. The border officers also constantly check my loads and make my company pay for their "inspecting". I'm not sure if the bigger companies have some sort of deal with the MTO to ruin smaller businesses or not, but this province at least is a police state which businesses cannot escape. I am posting this so people can learn the truth if they are blind.