Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Crossovers Edge, Taurus X, Freestyle, MKX, Flex etc.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-30-2012, 09:44 AM
New User

ricviv is starting off with a positive reputation.
2008 Edge ABS Tone Ring

I am new here, but have been searching the posts for information on this. I apologize if I missed a post.

Lady in my life has a 2008 Edge Limited FWD and the ABS light goes on at hwy speeds. Turns out that the right side ABS Tone Ring is cracked and needs replacement. From everything I can see, this is a replaceable part and many on this forum have replaced them on the Escape.

My issue is that I can not find a part number for the Tone Ring for the 2008 Edge. The replacement for this from the Ford dealer and everywhere else I look is to replace the entire half-shaft. Seems a bit excessive for a Tone Ring replacement.

I've seen on here where people have glued their cracked rings as well. Has this been successful long term for anyone (say... 30K miles or more)?

Any other thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

thank you!

I apologize for posting in the wrong sub category. I'm trying to move it to the Edge forum

Last edited by ricviv; 10-30-2012 at 09:59 AM. Reason: wrong category
Old 10-30-2012, 10:07 AM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Moved to Crossover forum

Welcome to FTE!
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 10-30-2012, 10:08 AM
New User

ricviv is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thank you! my apologizes...
Old 10-30-2012, 10:08 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers