Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-28-2012, 09:30 PM
Postmaster

ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.
Best color to paint a Bronco

What's the best color to paint a Bronco?

I was wondering cause I was thinking about painting mine.

Mines two tone (blue on top, white in the middle, blue on the bottom). Was thinking about a Glossy Black. Saw a 1992-1996 Bronco on here all Gloss Black; it looked sweet.

But as everyone knows...black shows scratches, etc.

Since I drive offroad...this would be an issue.

But anyways, what's the best color you think a Bronco should be?

Note: I don't think I have posted about this before or if anyone else has..I might be losing my mind.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:49 PM
Postmaster

Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.
Ever thought about a two tone black and white?

I like the gloss black look but its a bit overused imho. I think if you wanna really stand out withput everone stopping to take pics of you at the gas station, (it happens) then go with a color not normally seen on a Bronco. Could be something as simple as a stock color....off of a dodge viper or corvette or Ford GT. Thats just my .02
Old 10-28-2012, 09:50 PM
Postmaster

ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgethis View Post
Ever thought about a two tone black and white?

I like the gloss black look but its a bit overused imho. I think if you wanna really stand out withput everone stopping to take pics of you at the gas station, (it happens) then go with a color not normally seen on a Bronco. Could be something as simple as a stock color....off of a dodge viper or corvette or Ford GT. Thats just my .02
I got one...

BRIGHT YELLOW.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:06 PM
Elder User

Bubba Jones is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Haha Dodge Vipers are awesome! Well the older body style ones, not the crappy square ones they make today. The new SRT GTS Viper looks pretty awesome though! Okay anyways... I personally have always liked black. Glossy or Metallic. I think it looks really awesome but, like Edgethis said, it is a little too common.

Honestly, yellow might not be that bad. Or sometimes a Copper/metallic or amber color can look pretty cool. I've never seen that on a Bronco, but it may look good.

To play it 'safe', I would go black for the best looking color, then metallic dark green!

'96 Bronco XL | 302 | AFR 165 heads | M5OD | Saginaw PS | Bassani Headers and Y-pipe | Hooker Aerochamber muffler | Flex-a-lite 295 fan | MSD Cap/Rotor/Wires | 4" Rancho lift | 33" BFG All Terrains | 3G 130 alt
Old 10-28-2012, 10:08 PM
Postmaster

Or the paint that glows in the dark lol
Old 10-29-2012, 12:35 AM
The Brown Mod

Encho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant future
Bubba, you better do a search on the new Viper, I bet you'll like it. Manfred, I too vote on a black/white scheme like Brett . I went function over aesthetics with mine, but it ended looking very good (IMHO).
My Write-ups: Ford Steering Box Rebuild / Ford Front End Rebuild and auto hubs replacement / Ford Rear Drum Brakes / Ford E4OD Cooler & Shift Kit mods, drain-refill procedures R.I.P. Steve, you will be deeply missed my friend
Old 10-29-2012, 08:43 AM
Postmaster

10-4. Black and white...i will call the bronco "OREO"
Old 10-29-2012, 11:42 AM
Elder User

Bubba Jones is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Or Newspaper!

And Encho, I have seen the brand new 2013 Viper. I think that one looks pretty awesome. It looks so much more like the original which is why it looks good. It's just a matter of time before I get a 1996 Viper GTS.......

'96 Bronco XL | 302 | AFR 165 heads | M5OD | Saginaw PS | Bassani Headers and Y-pipe | Hooker Aerochamber muffler | Flex-a-lite 295 fan | MSD Cap/Rotor/Wires | 4" Rancho lift | 33" BFG All Terrains | 3G 130 alt
Old 10-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Senior User

firewood truck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
How about a 'cloking' paint? You could make it turn invisible like a Klingon Bird of Prey.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:57 PM
Postmaster

Lol true. Hows yer zf5 holdin up
Old 10-30-2012, 06:07 PM
Senior User

I had a reputable trans shop have a look at it, they tell me that the noise is just 'gear chatter' and it's nothing to be worried about at this time. Apparently these transmission get a bit noisy when they get some miles on them.

I'm looking at a '95 Bronco, the truck may have to find a new home soon.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:23 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewood truck View Post
I had a reputable trans shop have a look at it, they tell me that the noise is just 'gear chatter' and it's nothing to be worried about at this time. Apparently these transmission get a bit noisy when they get some miles on them.

I'm looking at a '95 Bronco, the truck may have to find a new home soon.
Yeah, this one rattles too that I got from ya. Heard it was common for them to do it too. It shifts good.

Get that Bronco...find one with a 300 in it and put the ZF5 behind it.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:23 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManfredVonRichtofen View Post
Yeah, this one rattles too that I got from ya. Heard it was common for them to do it too. It shifts good.

Get that Bronco...find one with a 300 in it and put the ZF5 behind it.
same with this one, it shifts nice and clean, you can feel it 'click' in between gears when you shift and it doesn't jump out of any gear. It just makes noise at idle.

Rust free Broncos are impossible to find around here, so the one I've looked at is in Northern Va. It's so clean I doubt that it has even been out in the winter time, there is just not a spot of crud anywhere. The downside is- it's 5.0/e4od rig. I'll know tomorrow if I can get it, he had one guy before me who the owner was waiting to hear back from.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:33 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewood truck View Post
same with this one, it shifts nice and clean, you can feel it 'click' in between gears when you shift and it doesn't jump out of any gear. It just makes noise at idle.

Rust free Broncos are impossible to find around here, so the one I've looked at is in Northern Va. It's so clean I doubt that it has even been out in the winter time, there is just not a spot of crud anywhere. The downside is- it's 5.0/e4od rig. I'll know tomorrow if I can get it, he had one guy before me who the owner was waiting to hear back from.
Eh, it be ok. You can modify it as you along.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Senior User

So did you decide on a color?? I was reading about a lift kit you were thinking about for your Bronco, did that happen yet?
Old 11-02-2012, 06:31 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco