1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Sway Bar Problems Bolt Dont Fit

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 06:15 PM
wolffee
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am pretty sure i will be buying spacers tomorrow. We both me and the tech that there shouldnt be play between the bt and that spacers and he agrees that thats most certainly a problem even of its not THE problem.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:22 PM
wolffee
Elder User
Well I went to Ford this afternoon and took a look at a new frame spacer and it has the same amount of play that mine does with the bolt. I spoke to a tech there supposed to be their suspension guy and he says there like that and that maybe mine werent tight enough. He says that he has seen them make noise when they arent. Apparently he uses an impact on everything on the sway bar even though there are torque specs in my Haynes book. Well I drove home without the sway bar up front just the rear and there were no noises at all even over stuff that should make some big noises (I took my driver side apart in Fords parking lot to bring inside and compare and contrast. So its def something to do with that. I put it all back together used my impact and well its tight as tights going to get. We will see in the am. If all is well I think I might return the Moogs when they get here. I cant decide. I know they are a better system and design and all but if these are working its tough. I could always buy the moogs again later on when these fail or I could just keep them for later.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:08 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by wolffee
Well I went to Ford this afternoon and took a look at a new frame spacer and it has the same amount of play that mine does with the bolt. I spoke to a tech there supposed to be their suspension guy and he says there like that and that maybe mine werent tight enough. He says that he has seen them make noise when they arent. Apparently he uses an impact on everything on the sway bar even though there are torque specs in my Haynes book. Well I drove home without the sway bar up front just the rear and there were no noises at all even over stuff that should make some big noises (I took my driver side apart in Fords parking lot to bring inside and compare and contrast. So its def something to do with that. I put it all back together used my impact and well its tight as tights going to get. We will see in the am. If all is well I think I might return the Moogs when they get here. I cant decide. I know they are a better system and design and all but if these are working its tough. I could always buy the moogs again later on when these fail or I could just keep them for later.
You will probably never end up using the Moogs and don't forget there is always JB Weld.........saved me a lot of times. I assume you are aware of the stepped bolts.

Old 10-31-2012, 05:27 AM
wolffee
Elder User
I was thinking I wouldnt use them. I am aware of what a stepped bolt is but are you saything that there is a special stepped bolt for these somewhere. Ford didnt mention anything about it. The top bolt in the endlink comes with it so are you changing the bolt?

Old 10-31-2012, 11:16 AM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by wolffee
I was thinking I wouldnt use them. I am aware of what a stepped bolt is but are you saything that there is a special stepped bolt for these somewhere. Ford didnt mention anything about it. The top bolt in the endlink comes with it so are you changing the bolt?
According to the picture in Ebay they come with the bolt that goes through the frame which shows a step up. You can buy the bolt but I couldn't find that ad when I looked again. They must be stepped so you don't have to press the whole length of it into the frame. I will know more when mine arrive but he took my order and left for a week. Here is the bolt though;
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...k/b615d6f8.jpg

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...ml#post8844381