Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > 1968-2013 Full Size Vans
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1968-2013 Full Size Vans Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-27-2012, 03:18 PM
New User

Batdan is starting off with a positive reputation.
OBD 1 port '90 E350 Super Club 460 Interceptor?

Hello,
I bought an OBD 1 tester for my '90 E-350 ex-crime scene van.
It does have the 460 Interceptor crammed in it. I'd like to try out this reader, but can't find the port for it to connect to. I've read that it's near the firewall on the passenger side, but that wasn't my specific model. Looked for about 15 minutes before I gave up. Need to return the OBD 1 reader if I can't use it. I bought this since I haven't found a mechanic that owns one. Only OBD 2s in their shops. Tired of paying for search and guess.

Thanks for your attention to this issue.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Elder User

95e150CW is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I thought all 460 interceptors were carburetor.

If you actually have a fuel injected 460, the plug you are looking for looks like this:

Click the image to open in full size.

On 92+ vans at least, its on the drivers side of the engine compartment.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:38 PM
New User

Thanks 95e150CW,
Just had the injectors cleaned a year ago, so they are there. It'd be easier for me to work on if carbureted and not so freaking large. First van I haven't been able to do most work on.
Great photo and thanks for the extremely prompt reply. Gonna go look now. Driver's side has much less clutter.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:49 PM
New User

Found them.
Hanging down between the headlight and fender well on passenger side. I'd attach a photo, but I don't think I have those privileges. The site only gives me the option of using a URL and not from my machine files. Oh, I recall reading the sticky about photos. I'd have had to upload to an image host and that would be the URL.

Thanks again!
Old 10-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Elder User

blageurt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I installed heads from a "Interceptor 429" on my truck and YES they were all carbourated ( 1972) and they were NEVER in a Van ...... I have had 3 460 Vans....I am happy you figured it out .... If you need some Performance advice , PM me .......
95 E350 Cargo PSD ,E4OD , Twin Trans coolers , B&M pan , Dana 60 FF 3:55 , BB shim, 97 Filterbowl ,140 V idm , DP Tuner 60 Tow TDEO Pcm , Timbrens SES , Monroe RV Shks , KYB MONOMAX Rear , Gutted EBPV , Cat sleeps with the fishes....
77 F350 Dually Dump, 460 , Police heads,True roller chain, 850 Holley Dbl pmp , Edelbrock Intake, MSD Ignition, Dual Exh , K &N , Custom C6 , Dana 70 4:56
Old 10-29-2012, 04:51 PM
New User

Thanks for the extra information, blageurt. I just looked up the vehicles that had them and the only van I found was retrofitted with an even older interceptor engine.
I have no idea how to tell what year or if it is an Interceptor put in by the cop that sold it to me. I only recall him telling me that's what was in it and that he'd had the transmission rebuilt. So he could have been lying (like that's never happened before) for whatever reason, or it could have been put in. All I do know is when bought, cargo area was empty and I had to watch my foot on the gas pedal as I'd never had a van have so much torque and speed from a standstill. The tires squealed and I was looking for police to ticket me for laying drag. That actually happened in a 318 '79 Dodge B-200 as I took off turning right from a stop light. Now that it's loaded with tools, tarps, etc. it still flies, but a bit slower from a stop. This is my first Ford van and has outlasted all my Dodge vans. Never had a rebuilt transmission last over 4 years and this one is over 6 years. Front tranny seal needs to be replaced, but other than that, I've sunk most money into tires. Never would have bought this had I known gas prices were about to go up, the first time, to $4 plus per gallon. I love it though. Being my only vehicle, it lets me know what kind of person a girl is. Some couldn't care less what I drive, while others don't like it. Too bad for them.
No mechanics I know enjoy seeing me pull in with it. They say it's hard to work on even for them. Saving up to replace the king pins.
Thanks for the invitation for performance info. Always good to learn.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:51 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > 1968-2013 Full Size Vans