Escape & Escape Hybrid Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

2010 Ford Escape Engine Computer Module Processor Diagram

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Zachary Tate Taylor
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Ford Escape Engine Computer Module Processor Diagram

I know that these exist somewhere, but I cannot locate them anywhere. Does anyone here have these so that I can determine which wires are for what? It would really help. I'm attempting to install a Quad Digital EFIE. I need to locate the wires for the 4 oxygen sensors. I need to splice into the wires. I have found wiring diagrams with keys for older models which tell the purpose and location of each wire, but not my 2010.

Thanks for your help

Zak

Old 10-22-2012, 07:22 PM
Archion
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Get your money back, it is a scam, just like intake turbines/blades/tornados, "chips" magnets etc, it's all BS. You can cause serious engine damage by leaning the mixture out. Stickerzzzz will actually save you more fuel money than that box of reject radio shack crap will. If you want to make it more efficient, make sure to adjust the driver mod.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:48 PM
Zachary Tate Taylor
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even with...

An HHO system?

Old 10-22-2012, 11:32 PM
Torky2
Fleet Mechanic
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Oh... boy... Usually it is a waste of time trying to counter the sixth-grade pseudo-science babble that emanates from zealots of the infamous "HHO" scheme.

But just in case, read this: Oxyhydrogen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These schemes commonly gloss over the energy required to disassociate water, using terms such as "it uses the extra unused power available from the alternator".

There is no "extra unused power" from an automotive alternator. An alternator is a variable current source. The voltage regulator varies the field current to increase/decrease the current produced to hold the voltage developed at the sense point within the required tolerance over various load conditions and varying input shaft speed. Paralleling another load, the "HHO gas generator" across the alternator increases the electrical load on the alternator, which is sensed by the voltage regulator, which then increases the field current through the armature field winding. This increase in field current causes an increase in the rotational torque required to turn the alternator's input shaft. Which increases the load on the engine... which increases gasoline use.

But in all fairness, a gizmo that takes the actual oxygen sensor outputs, and translates them to a richer facsimile, and which then causes the PCM to lean out the mixture, can work to greatly reduce monthly gasoline expense. With burned valves and holes burned through pistons, no gas will be required at all.

Needless to say, a 5 year/60,000 mile Powertrain Warranty would not be honored.

Anyone who disassociated water into Hydrogen and Oxygen, and then recombined them in their High School Chemistry class, would have a grasp of the simple chemistry involved. And the energy required and released. And would not fall prey to stuff like this. But maybe they don't do hands-on experiments anymore. Maybe it is "too dangerous" for little Johnny and Suzy these days.
I will now descend from the soapbox.

P.S. - Take Archion's wise advice... return it and get your money back, if it isn't too late already.