Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > EcoBoost (all engine sizes)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

EcoBoost (all engine sizes) 3.5L Twin Turbo EcoBoost V6, 2.7 Twin Turbo EcoBoost V6, 2.3l/2.0L I4 EcoBoost Engines

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2012, 08:34 AM
Senior User

thomastl is starting off with a positive reputation.
New Intercooler

Has anyone actually had the new intercooler replacement done? (not the deflector but the complete replacement w/ new style).
I am looking for a TSB # or something that will allow the dealership to order and do the swap. So far no luck.
I found a few posts online about it but nothing to confirm and nothing to indicate the TSB #.

Also, if you have had it done, can you tell us if it actually fixed the surging on light acceleration or wide open water injection problems?

Also, any pics of the new intercooler to see what the difference is.

Thanks,
Old 10-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Senior User

I got a call back from Ford and they said that the TSB is not out yet. Anticipate any day now. So, I guess the few people who say they have had the new one installed were trials or something.

If/when I hear more I will post the info I get.

Was hopeing someone else had it already installed and could give us some input.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Elder User

excaliber551 is starting off with a positive reputation.
There's been a couple posts about the new IC in the F150 forum but it did not correct the problem.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Freshman User

LakesideStyle is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just got a call from my service rep about this new TSB. Says he's looking into ordering me a new inter cooler and will call when he has an ETA. I haven't seen the TSB but Kevin said that it says the old design lets condensation in that wipes out the plugs which has been a consistent problem on my truck.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Senior User

TSB is out. 12-10-19 is the number. Do a google search and you will find it. My service manager has one on order for me.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:50 AM