Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2012, 10:03 PM
New User

wingrider75 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Oil cooler question

I just did an EGR delete, new PMM Lifetime Oil Cooler, complete flush, and coolant filter (among other updates) on my dad's early 04. The old oil cooler was so plugged that you couldn't blow air through it, and the EGR cooler blew out (lots of white smoke). The deltas on the ECT/EOT are starting to climb back up again. After I first got it running again, the deltas were running around 5 degrees, the other day they were up around 15-20. ECT was 188-192 and EOT was 205-212. Has anyone else used the PMM cooler, and what are your deltas running? I'm afraid this thing's plugging up again, even with the flush and coolant filter. Any thoughts?
Old 10-22-2012, 12:16 AM
Certified Thread Hijacker

Bullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud of
joshjones.thewelder
Not familiar with the PMM lifetime oil cooler... is that a new design?

At any rate it looks like your cooler is plugged. Did you flush before or after all the work was done?

Josh

2006 F250 XLT 6.0 PowerStroke Diesel 4X4: SRL Custom Tune Atlas 40 FICM Rotella 0W40 DASHBOSS Ford VCM II IDS Custom Y-Pipe Fabrication
Old 10-22-2012, 02:44 AM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
Do some search on PMM and you may find something

Sean
6.0l Forum Map : Ask me About It
Old 10-22-2012, 11:57 PM
New User

Flushed after. I didn't have much choice. The egr cooler was blown and leaking into the intake like crazy. Think I'm lucky it didn't hydrolock on me. I found stuff about PMM but not much about their oil cooler.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:58 PM
New User

Actually what worries me about the cooler is that it has disappeared from their website now.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:12 AM
I'm hitting easy street

amdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant future
Seems that a past post talked about having larger passages through the cooler. Thus, it doesn't reduce the temp of oil as well as the OEM oil cooler does.

I'll see if I can find that post.

Vote for my truckhttp://www.powerstroke.org/forum/pow...test-poll.html"Drive it like you know how to fix it!"
Old 10-23-2012, 01:19 AM
I'm hitting easy street

amdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant future
Oops, I might have been thinking about another one. IPR research had a new oil cooler that did that. Not sure where PMM has gotten theirs from.

Did their packaging or info call it a "high flow" oil cooler per chance?

Vote for my truckhttp://www.powerstroke.org/forum/pow...test-poll.html"Drive it like you know how to fix it!"
Old 10-23-2012, 01:19 AM