Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: jr32560

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2012, 08:06 AM
Post Fiend

Copedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant future
Anyone need/want a good Gov. job in Md?

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/329060400

We are looking for a half way decent Maintenance (Facilities) mechanic. We do it all here accept generate power and treat waste water but we do EVERYTHING else. It is a good place to work and its "9 to 5" with all holidays, health benifits etc. If you are not intrested you may know some one who is.
Thanks!
Ian, 1 each (That's my nomenclature so don't wear it out) 97 F350 7.3L Auto 4WD Crew Cab 230K (Cali model bummer). MODS: HOOOOGA! horn, 6637, Service/Utility bed, 3" DP, Testing that Cat, 120v IDM. US ARMY OAS, OJE-IFOR, SFOR,2,5, OJG-KFOR, OIF, OEF. To ALL that have served, THANK YOU!
Old 10-20-2012, 09:48 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

jr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to behold
will pass it along to friends THANKS!
member of the Boy you ain't Right club #4
President of the crap shooters club
Join the Maryland Chapter click HERE
Old 10-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Senior User

firewood truck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copedawg View Post
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/329060400

We are looking for a half way decent Maintenance (Facilities) mechanic. We do it all here accept generate power and treat waste water but we do EVERYTHING else. It is a good place to work and its "9 to 5" with all holidays, health benifits etc. If you are not intrested you may know some one who is.
Thanks!
I'd be very interested in that position. Would I send a Resume to you or apply through the link?
Old 10-22-2012, 05:12 AM
Post Fiend

Copedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant future
You will have to apply to the link. I (or anyone) don't really have any "pull" what so ever. I strongly urge you to apply, there is no one "poised" for the position. Your application will go to "Glynco" (Glynn county, Brunswick) Ga. There it will be deterimined if you qualify and then you will get a back ground check (this can take up to 2+ months). Then when you think the position has been long filled you may get a call for a interview (a very layed back interview) in Cheltenham. Please apply...it be nice to another Ford truck around!
Ian, 1 each (That's my nomenclature so don't wear it out) 97 F350 7.3L Auto 4WD Crew Cab 230K (Cali model bummer). MODS: HOOOOGA! horn, 6637, Service/Utility bed, 3" DP, Testing that Cat, 120v IDM. US ARMY OAS, OJE-IFOR, SFOR,2,5, OJG-KFOR, OIF, OEF. To ALL that have served, THANK YOU!
Old 10-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Senior User

firewood truck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copedawg View Post
You will have to apply to the link. I (or anyone) don't really have any "pull" what so ever. I strongly urge you to apply, there is no one "poised" for the position. Your application will go to "Glynco" (Glynn county, Brunswick) Ga. There it will be deterimined if you qualify and then you will get a back ground check (this can take up to 2+ months). Then when you think the position has been long filled you may get a call for a interview (a very layed back interview) in Cheltenham. Please apply...it be nice to another Ford truck around!
Thanks for the info, I'll start the paperwork. My issue is my asthma, I'm rated at 30% through the V.A., it's at the point where if I'm not in a climate controlled environment, the heat and humidity in the summer just shut me down, I can't breath.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:00 PM
Post Fiend

APPLY!....your service points are a plus in your favor! Like in the military...."Tell em what they want to hear" If they ask..then answer honestly (on disabilities)...otherwise don't volunteer anything. Again, this is a very relaxed place to work. I truly hope to see you around! I can answer some general questions but not any nitty gritty questions that may give you an advantage...I am sure you see my predicament. BTW you havent asked any of those ...yet, lol. Get typen my Fellow Ford Brother

EDIT BTW, there will be an auto mechanic job coming out too in a few months-year, FYI
Old 10-22-2012, 04:27 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Isn't "GOOD" and "Government" an oxymoron?

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 10-22-2012, 04:27 PM