Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General NON-Automotive Conversation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-19-2012, 10:19 PM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
Question Have You Tried A NonContact Electronic Dog Bark Deterrent

I am interested in finding one that emits a signal at the sound of a barking dog and shuts off after a few seconds. I need something that is not easily seen or heard by humans. (no LED lights, and high enough freq that human ears wont be able to pinpoint it.) I would like to place it in an inconspicous location for a neighbors dog that i am at my wits end with.

Have you used one? These are big lab mixed dogs.

Previously Owned; 1978 F150, 2000 Ford F150, and a 1950 Ford F1
Old 10-20-2012, 07:15 AM
Ambassador

hanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputation
Good luck Ron,,subscribing

Buford T Justice "There aint No way, No way, that you could come from my loins"
Old 10-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
I did some research last night and I'm leaning towards this one:

Outdoor Bark Control | PBC00-11216 | Ultrasonic Bark Deterrents Indoor & Outdoor Bark Control Collars & Devices | PetSafe

The user feedback on amazon is very positive, as long as the dog is not a deaf or hard of hearing senior. The problem dogs near me are young, and should be able to hear the deterrent.

(I'm so tired of living in suburbia. 10 feet from my neighbors and hearing all the drunken rowdy trash next door and their pool parties, and all the dang loud dogs that bark at all hours of the day and night. I cant wait to move to the country.)

Old 10-20-2012, 06:03 PM
Post Fiend

helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.
a few years back I had some neighbors with maybe 20 dogs (probably more) barking 24 hours a day! I bought 2 of the ultrasonic dog silencers. they worked! it took a few days for them to get the hang of it.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Ambassador

hanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by helifixer View Post
a few years back I had some neighbors with maybe 20 dogs (probably more) barking 24 hours a day! I bought 2 of the ultrasonic dog silencers. they worked! it took a few days for them to get the hang of it.
Do you remember which one? My mom has a neighbor who raises pit bulls and she would like to try one. She didnt care for my idea

Buford T Justice "There aint No way, No way, that you could come from my loins"
Old 10-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Posting Legend

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
I have this one. Works great

http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=C...arking+control

Charlie slackmaster #26
"A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."
Old 10-20-2012, 09:54 PM
Postmaster

Wow, that one reaches farther than the PetSafe one i was looking at. Thanks for that, Charlie.

I've also got some yippy little dogs next door. Does yours work on big and little dogs?

Old 10-20-2012, 11:43 PM
Posting Legend

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
You push the button, they listen.

My one dog sees me with the remote, and goes in his house.

Being automatic works really great

All dogs listen, no mater what size.

Charlie slackmaster #26
"A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."
Old 10-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Post Fiend

helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanklin View Post
Do you remember which one? My mom has a neighbor who raises pit bulls and she would like to try one. She didnt care for my idea
dog silencer pro
Old 10-21-2012, 08:53 AM
Post Fiend

this one is what I have.
Dog Silencer Pro - Stop Dog Barking with the Dog Silencer Pro. The #1 Brand in Bark Control and Works 3X Farther than the Competition
Old 10-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Postmaster

Awesome. That's two positive feedbacks for the Dog Silencer Pro. Thanks Helifixer.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Posting Guru

Nsaan has a great reputation on FTE.Nsaan has a great reputation on FTE.Nsaan has a great reputation on FTE.Nsaan has a great reputation on FTE.Nsaan has a great reputation on FTE.
I have never tried one of those... I have 2 dogs and they know when the when the window is open... the neighbors yappy dog is another thing though. With my dogs the occasional shut up or quiet works. On the neighbors dog the air soft works wonders..... or so I have heard.
Hers 2000 Excursion 7.3 4x4 4inch lift 33's RR inserts, boots, bellowed uppipes 4" turbo back exhaust
A.E. Domestic Bundle. (Ford, Dodge, Chevy)
Old 10-27-2012, 09:50 PM
Postmaster

I bit the bullet and purchased the Dog Silencer Pro a couple days ago. FYI, there's good youtube videos showing its use and it does work. I should have it by the 30th. I can not wait!!!! In the mean time i'm collecting video/audio recordings of this dang nuisance dog. If the Dog Silencer Pro does not work, then the next step for me is to press formal charges on the owner and turn over copies of my proof of nuisance. I'm hoping the $80 tool will save me some court time. I'll post up my results.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:02 AM
Postmaster

DANG. This freaking giant stupid lab is retarded. I know it's not deaf, as i can stand at the fence next to the Dog Silencer and see it's barking at the machine as it makes the ultrasonic noise. I have the sensitivity tuned so that it goes off only when the dog barks. I read the part of the instructions that says not to set the sensitivity too high or the dog will constantly bark. Well, it doesnt help with this dumb neighbor dog. There's a handful of small dogs next door that it works very well on.

An anonymous letter to the homeowner, politely asking for silence between 10pm and 7am worked for a few days. Now they are sneaking that stupid loud dog out at night again.

It must not get any attention from them at all, because all it does is sit at the different fences barking at all hours. It is not a guard dog and does not seem to be a well loved family pet, as they have put up boards on their back window bases to reduce the damage the dog does to the window trim. They chainlink fenced their back patio concrete to keep the dog off. The yard is dessimated by that dog. I think he's bored and just tearing everything up and in the process barking his freakin head off and really pissin me off.

I'm ready to press official charges with the city on this crappy neighbor. He's one of those that would probably be better suited in a run down trailer park, as he's got crap all on the side of his house, a BIG trailer of garbage/crap in his driveway that's been there for months that he's recently tried to make pretty with the addition of big blue tarp on top, and a broken down truck parked on the street in front of his house with no right front lights.

I've been in my house since 1999 and have not had to deal with crap like this until the last couple months. I should not have to deal with this. (This is one time when an HOA would be great.)

Sorry. I just needed to rant.

Signed,
Sleepless in Seattle.....er....I mean Sleepless in Oklahoma

Sigh.

P.S. Dear Santa, all i want for Christmas is peace and quiet at night so i can sleep again.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Postmaster

Furyus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputation
I think, if it were me, I'd be calling Animal Control/ASPCA/Dog Catcher/etc. by now...
"
You obviously don't comprehend the level of insane I operate at." - The 4th Doctor
Old 11-25-2012, 11:14 AM